Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='conspiracy1989']damn i went to walmart and tried to have them call fye to verify the price and they told me they cant do that...:([/quote]

same, i came with the phone number too.
circuit city is like that too.
needs an ad to do a price match

[quote name='illini1010']everyone saying that there are no fye's in the chicago area that sell games are wrong... the one in woodfield mall does. went there today tho and they said it was on sale (didnt give me a price tho) but it was out of stock.[/quote]

haha dude i went all over trying to track it down today.
i went to woodfield too.
it was out of stock as well.

[quote name='Quinn Skates']Is anyone aware of an ad for bioshock 19.99 at FYE?
i need one for a price match at walmart :/[/quote]

If you had the time to read all 20 pages of this thread, you'd discover that no, there was never any ad. Some people lucked out and had various places price match FYE's price by having them call FYE to verify the price, and other places denied any price matching.

Good luck if you can get one price matched. It's probably a longshot by now.

yeah i just tried a buncha places today and fye lied about the price to them, even though i called 5 minutes earlier to check and they said 19.99.

Obviously FYE doesnt want to be price matched.

[quote name='Quinn Skates']haha dude i went all over trying to track it down today.
i went to woodfield too.
it was out of stock as well.[/quote]

did you by chance check the bloomingdale one? i was gunna try that one sometime before the 27th. i tried calling them 2 days in a row, but no answer... maybe it isnt even there anymore?

[quote name='Quinn Skates']yeah i just tried a buncha places today and fye lied about the price to them, even though i called 5 minutes earlier to check and they said 19.99.

Obviously FYE doesnt want to be price matched.[/quote]

the SAME thing happened to me. made me feel like a dumbass at BB booo!

Ok so I just called the fye here in my home town Albany, GA and the person that answered said they didnt carry and video game titles at all! Has anybody else run into this problem or was this girl just incompetent?

Here is the number to the store I called - (229) 420-9989

[quote name='thefuzz311']Ok so I just called the fye here in my home town Albany, GA and the person that answered said they didnt carry and video game titles at all! Has anybody else run into this problem or was this girl just incompetent?

Here is the number to the store I called - (229) 420-9989[/quote]

Yeah, if you read the thread, there are some FYE stores that don't carry video games at all.

[quote name='thefuzz311']sry didnt have time to read 21 pages of thread lol so thxs for the info man any other place to get Bioshock cheap?[/quote]

So I guess the Bioshock deal at FYE is over now? :cry:

my store in Queen NY said that the price was good till the 27th. I never did get the game as they were sold out the whole time. The manager of the store also told me that the warehouse has been out of them for the past week.

oh well, wait for the next deal to get some cheap ass bioshock.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']So I guess the Bioshock deal at FYE is over now? :cry:[/quote]

I went to FYE today to pick up a cpl HD-Dvd add-on's b4 the movie deal ended.

I also have been talking with a cpl of employee's there about the Bioshock deal but they've been outta stock since i called earlier this week.

Anyways he told me they should be in stock today (Friday) after 4pm, i asked him how long the sale was running because i had heard through the grapevine that it ended on the 27th or 28th, he informed me that since ive been waiting even if the sale was no longer valid that he would still honor the price as soon as they received more.

He then checked into the system and told me i had no worries because the sale was still good til like the 23rd of March,

Hope this hopes some people that are still looking to get there hands on a copy, like i am.

[quote name='CardSHARK4Life']I went to FYE today to pick up a cpl HD-Dvd add-on's b4 the movie deal ended.

I also have been talking with a cpl of employee's there about the Bioshock deal but they've been outta stock since i called earlier this week.

Anyways he told me they should be in stock today (Friday) after 4pm, i asked him how long the sale was running because i had heard through the grapevine that it ended on the 27th or 28th, he informed me that since ive been waiting even if the sale was no longer valid that he would still honor the price as soon as they received more.

He then checked into the system and told me i had no worries because the sale was still good til like the 23rd of March,

Hope this hopes some people that are still looking to get there hands on a copy, like i am.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for letting us know.

[quote name='CardSHARK4Life']I went to FYE today to pick up a cpl HD-Dvd add-on's b4 the movie deal ended.

Hope this hopes some people that are still looking to get there hands on a copy, like i am.[/quote]
That's odd. When I went to pick up one of the "many" HD DVD drives (which were all gone even though they had a bunch yesterday according to whoever answered the phone then) I asked about Bioshock and immediately was told the sale ended yesterday.

Just got of the phone with them, they must of received some in stock because they said they have 1 held behind the counter for me.

We'll I'll let u guys know what the price rings up.....even though sale or not they said they will still give it to me for 19.99

the sale goes on to march 2nd.
some poeple have been purchasing entire stock of bioshock.
for sake of other customers. please leave some for others.

[quote name='shibaraski']the sale goes on to march 2nd.
some poeple have been purchasing entire stock of bioshock.
for sake of other customers. please leave some for others.[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't find a single copy or find anyone to sell me a copy :/

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Wow, that is wrong! :bs:[/QUOTE]

The guy on the phone may not have actually scanned the UPC even though I asked him to. I'm gonna head over there in a bit.

[quote name='NTolerance']The guy on the phone may not have actually scanned the UPC even though I asked him to. I'm gonna head over there in a bit.[/quote]

Never trust what they say on the phone. They told me $59.99 over the phone when in the store it was labelled as $19.99.

Since I bought a copy already used from a gamer, this thread will always be the one that got away.

Just got back. They had one copy. Tag said $59.99, rang up $59.99. Is there a limited/collector's edition of Bioshock for the 360? Looked like it had a cardboard cover sleeve over the plastic case. :bomb:

Apparently, the deal's still good -- Just got a copy of Bioshock for $19.99 + tax.

When I first heard about the sale, I called my local FYE to see if they had any in stock and they said no; I ask about the sale, and they said they know nothing about it. So I decide it's not worth the trip to check it out. Today, I'm in the area and I decide to check the store. I saw 2 copies of the game. Each were in the cardboard case with $59.99 price tags. There were no signs anywhere regarding a sale. I asked the cashier to price the game, and she said $19.99.

[quote name='dchrisd']Apparently, the deal's still good -- Just got a copy of Bioshock for $19.99 + tax.

Could you be a little more specific?

I was purposely being vague because I highly doubt any of you are even remotely aware of my location, but here it is:

Imperial Valley, California. About 1.5 hours South of San Diego.

What the heck, here's the phone number so you can try to price match:
(760)370-0550

My apologies to my local FYE if it gets flooded with calls.

Got one on Tuesday 26th for $17.99 with Backstage Pass, although it was marked $59.99. Last copy they had. Bought it in NC.

ok so I've been calling FYE for the past two weeks.. none of them had copies of Bioshock. I finally went into the store today and looked for myself. I talked to a sales associate and he told me they were OOS. I asked how I could go about getting a copy for the $20. His remedy was to order it and I'd get it by Tuesday BUUUT I'd have to pay full price. Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I go ahead and order and try to get them to honor the $20 price?

[quote name='yesokyesok']Anyone know how long this deal is for. I'm gonna try to go tomorrow and pick it up.[/quote]

there still seems to be some confusion on this one, I was told and retold at my local store the sale is running til the end of March, I only picked up one copy today seeing was that was the only copy that they received in there recent shipment. It scanned at $19.99.

I plan on checking back and maybe picking up a few more copies later this month.

Here is a receipt scan from yesterday (supposedly after many people said the sale had ended) if this helps with any price matching or anything that people wanna use it for.

2304301300_44a5103581_b.jpg

I just picked one up at my Fye in the middle of nowhere (aka upstate NY). Looked like the last copy. The sticker was $60, but it rang up as $20.

[quote name='spideymike']Awesome that you still got it for that price.[/quote]

What's really remarkable is that he paid cash for it. I thought using cash was illegal by now if you believe the Visa commercials :roll: /end sarcasm

[quote name='hostyl1']What's really remarkable is that he paid cash for it. I thought using cash was illegal by now if you believe the Visa commercials :roll: /end sarcasm[/quote]

funny funny.....nope i try not to buy into the whole credit card thing, cant spend what u dont have that way...i do have some cards but use them only in dire emergencies, or TOTAL IMPULSE BUYS, which i do a little too often..hehe

I went and checked yesterday (3.2.08) at the Gurnee, IL location. It was clearly marked with a red *SALE* tag for $20. There was one left after I got my copy.

bread's done
Back