Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='reko8']yeah they probably do pm fine. thats what I got from their web site though. I enver go to bb cause its too far away anyways[/quote]

FROM BB WEBSITE

Store Price Guarantee
spacer.gif

Two more great reasons to buy with confidence at Best Buy.
If you are about to make a purchase and discover a lower advertised price offered by a local retail competitor on the same available brand and model, let us know and we'll match that price on the spot.

Already bought? If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com, we'll refund you the price difference from our own sale price, or 110% of the difference from our competitor's sale price, up to 30 days after your purchase (14 days on select categories*, 60 days on HDTVs purchased from 3/2/08 through 5/10/08, 90 days on HDTVs purchased from 1/13/08 through 3/1/08).

Either way, simply bring in proof of price while that lower price is in effect.

FYE in MN said that they haven't heard of Bioshock at this price. The rep asked his manager to be sure (she said it wasn't at that price) and asked where I heard this. I told him that nationally FYE was having this sale. He wasn't able to help me. BUMMER!! I want this game, and at $20, it's a steal!!!

The Sam Goody at Horton Plaza (Downtown San Diego) got four copies this week,but guess what the manager did....marked them all as used. I tried to get them to sell it as New, but they wouldn't. They said Corporate said the $19.99 is a mistake, and they dont have the savvy or brain power on how to fix a price mistake. Damn. I was thinking of buying it used, ripping of the stickers, returning it with the receipt and hope that they put it back on the floor without the tags, a lot of work but I would get it for $17.99. The only reason I would try it is because the Sam Goody sucks and they are some grouchy bastards

[quote name='reko8']best buy doesnt price match competitors, only their web site or other best buy stores. circuit city price matches as long as the competitor has it in stock.[/quote]

bull friggin shit, ive pm'd this deal at BB twice already (not a reseller ive got a lot of friends.) My original receipt from fye does just fine to pm.

cheers,
Mike

Confirm, still going on. Just scored one at the FYE in Wilkes-Barre W V Mall. Might be one left , i'd call first though.

o_O, I thought this sale ended a month ago!
Any confirmation if any F.Y.E's in Miami would have this? and is a picture of a receit good enough to pricematch at Best buy? (If so will anyone post one?)

The receipt says something about a 2 month sale so I'm assuming it's probably going on through the end of March.

[quote name='Sageofdoom']o_O, I thought this sale ended a month ago!
Any confirmation if any F.Y.E's in Miami would have this? and is a picture of a receit good enough to pricematch at Best buy? (If so will anyone post one?)[/quote]

i posted a receipt scan earlier this week, look back a few pages and you'll find it

I tried using the recipt at my local best buy but no luck... they said had to have a store ad or internet printout from the site. oh well thanx anyways!

The MN FYE is now saying that they have this deal until 3/22, but are out of stock, with no planned shipment in sight. I tried to price match at Best Buy, but the CSR at FYE answered the question of, "Yes, we have a $19.99 Bioshock sale, but we are out of stock. BBY wouldn't match on out-of-stock items. I tried at another store later, just for the heck of it, and they said they wouldn't match FYE, period. Weird. Oh well, I can just hope that they get some in at some time.

Best Buy is a whores playground anyway

Hold out hope guys, the Warehouses are getting copies in stock, seeing as I have 2 on order for this week.

I was able to get a copy at North Pointe Mall in Alpheretta, GA today. They had one copy left, in a display at the front of the store. got it as they were closing so it *should* be there tomorrow!

I'm determined. I will get this at this price. In all honesty, though, the $10 more that it would cost me to pick this up via half.com used would be a lot less trouble. It has become a principle thing now, though.

just went to my local fye...one in stock and the guy couldn't find it. I asked him if he could tell me the price of it and he said $20 and that the deal expires 3/22. He did offer me a used one for $50. Oh well, I'll try later in the week.

[quote name='ZVikes84']just went to my local fye...one in stock and the guy couldn't find it. [/QUOTE]

I had that happen in two different stores shortly after this deal was posted. I continued checking at the 3 stores in my area and finally grabbed one today. It was marked $19.99, box was slightly damaged due to the plastic theft prevention case being put on wrong, but I wasn't about to complain. Employee told me they've been getting 4 or 5 copies at a time randomly and they disappear almost immediately. Keep searching!!

[quote name='ZVikes84']just went to my local fye...one in stock and the guy couldn't find it. I asked him if he could tell me the price of it and he said $20 and that the deal expires 3/22. He did offer me a used one for $50. Oh well, I'll try later in the week.[/quote]

Wow...

Different day different people...same FYE no new bioshocks in stock but I walked out w/ a used one for $20. Yesterday I must have had the only person who was honest at a near minimum wage job.

GREATEST DAY EVER

I went to mine and they finally got a new shipment. When the employees saw the the price that showed up on the computer they where a mix bag of emotions. Between confused/angry/surprised.

I was all smiles.

I've been wanting this game for the longest.

Tomoro Im going back for the hd dvd drive

I've gone through my FYE probably 3-4 different times with no luck. Today was the first time they had a used copy, but as others have noted, it was priced at $49.99. I didn't try to get them to sell it to me for $20. Tried price matching at Best Buy and Wal-mart with the receipt that was previously posted, but no luck with that either.

Called again today and they had none in stock still. I had hope since it was reported that a FYE across town had gotten more in stock, but no luck and I'm not driving all the way out there hoping the last copy is still there. Better luck next week.

Went back today and the single copy is still there. Had a different cashier scan it and it rang up $59.99. I watched his hands and he just scanned the UPC; he didn't touch the keyboard so I don't think he did a sneaky override or anything.

NTolerance, that is just plain odd that only your store seemingly isn't selling it for $19.99. If I could find a copy, I'd help you out.

[quote name='spideymike']NTolerance, that is just plain odd that only your store seemingly isn't selling it for $19.99. If I could find a copy, I'd help you out.[/QUOTE]

I think my FYE is "special" and just doesn't participate in sales. They didn't even run the recent promotion with the bonus trade-in credit.

[quote name='jeff0514']I've gone through my FYE probably 3-4 different times with no luck. Today was the first time they had a used copy, but as others have noted, it was priced at $49.99. I didn't try to get them to sell it to me for $20. Tried price matching at Best Buy and Wal-mart with the receipt that was previously posted, but no luck with that either.[/quote]

bummer, did they give u a reason y they wouldnt price match the receipt!?

[quote name='CardSHARK4Life']bummer, did they give u a reason y they wouldnt price match the receipt!?[/quote]

I posted why it didnt work for me i think on the last page but they told me they couldnt accept it because they had to have a ad or an internet printout of the price.

Best Buy called over to FYE and they had none in stock (except used copy selling for $49.99). Wal-mart told me they would only accept an actual flyer, not a copy of a receipt. I'll admit, if I was a walmart employee, I would be suspicious of a copied receipt myself.

Went to the FYE at Triangle Town Center in Raleigh, NC earlier tonight. They had a new copy of Bioshock marked 59.99. Had the clerk ring it up and it came to 59.99. No dice. I wept inside.

There were two more copies left at my town's. I doubt they're going anywhere fast. I picked up one to hopefully trade for Blue Dragon or Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I really wish there was either an Fye or a Sam Goody where I live. 10 years ago we had both. Now neither :( I really want this damn game too

[quote name='Antic']There were two more copies left at my town's. I doubt they're going anywhere fast. I picked up one to hopefully trade for Blue Dragon or Ninja Gaiden Sigma.[/quote] PM SENT.

Well i went to FYE today and they said they had 3 copies in stock. but just like some other people posted, THEY COULDNT FIND THEM!!!! so frustrating, i thought i actually found a copy after weeks of searching.

[quote name='Rhinoe']Went to the FYE at Triangle Town Center in Raleigh, NC earlier tonight. They had a new copy of Bioshock marked 59.99. Had the clerk ring it up and it came to 59.99. No dice. I wept inside.[/QUOTE]

Sounds familiar.

I picked a copy of BIOSHOCK up at the FYE in Coral Square mall (Coral Springs Florida) for 19.99 yesterday, confirmed this is still good. At first she said it was 59.99 but scanned it and it turned out to be 19.99. What a deal, thanks CAG!

[quote name='Uberslaughter']I picked a copy of BIOSHOCK up at the FYE in Coral Square mall (Coral Springs Florida) for 19.99 yesterday, confirmed this is still good. At first she said it was 59.99 but scanned it and it turned out to be 19.99. What a deal, thanks CAG![/quote]

Anyway I could get you to buy me a copy for a fellow Floridian that doesn't have a local FYE?

I got a copy last Wednesday, I went in, went straight to the games and they had one new one and it had a little sticker saying "SALE: $19.99" on it. Took it to the register, the lady pointed out how good of a deal it was (like I didn't know :p) and I ended up with a brand new copy of BioShock for $20.

Odd though, they had a used one as well which was marked at around $55 or so, its just kind of weird that I got a new one for $35 cheaper!

I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I couldn't pass up this deal. I was planning on getting the game anyway, this just makes it that much more enjoyable. :D

I know this should be in a different forum, but I did pick up an extra of BioShock today. I would really love to trade it for Ninja Gaiden Sigma. :\

Every time I come across this thread again a piece of me dies. The local FYE here has not had Bioshock in stock for the entire duration of this sale, and it SUCKS.

[quote name='evilmregg']Every time I come across this thread again a piece of me dies. The local FYE here has not had Bioshock in stock for the entire duration of this sale, and it SUCKS.[/quote]
I don't even have an FYE and we have one Sam Goody store in the mall, but it doesn't sell Videogames. :cry:

[quote name='xbox lives on']Anyway I could get you to buy me a copy for a fellow Floridian that doesn't have a local FYE?[/quote]

I'd gladly do it if I was still down there around one. I was visiting my parents in Coral Springs but now I'm back up in Orlando.

So I called the FYE in Bronx, NY. Lady said they have the game in stock but its at full price. I'm assuming the change only comes when its scanned? I don't want to trek down there and have it come out to $60.

I hate when employees don't know of a given deal. It makes things so much more difficult.

bread's done
Back