Bioshock Big Daddy Replacement

[quote name='variablesunknown']If you got your Bioshock Collector's Edition who got a broken big daddy?

Mine had the tip of his big drill arm broken off.[/quote]

Both mine and my cousin's had the exact same problem, both had the tip broken off. I should have known since the package had a small tear where the drill pointed to but the clerck assured me it was fine.... oh well at least i'll get an art book...

Mine had the very tip of the drill bit broken off. I could probably fix it easily, I haven't decided how I feel about sending it back based on the minor damage.

*sigh* Mine is in alright condition. But I wanted a broken figure just so I could get a physical art book, not the digital version.

You should've had a 5th option. No the figure isn't broken but you want it to be.

The tip of my big daddy's drill seems to be blunted and it looks like there should have been more plastic. Is the drill supposed to end in a point?

[quote name='Mindzeye82']The tip of my big daddy's drill seems to be blunted and it looks like there should have been more plastic. Is the drill supposed to end in a point?[/QUOTE]

Not razor sharp, but if the color on the drill tip is the same color as the rest of the drill you're okay.

I actually asked specifically for the broken one we had at work, so I can get me the artbook.

I suppose a pair of pliers would have done the job, but might as well take the already fucked up one.

Mine's missing his left arm. Well it's not missing.............. it's on the bottom of the case but it's not attached.

You forgot the "I'm going to break it for the free artbook" option.

Mine was broken. Ididn't really care if I got the book or not, I just wanted the figure to be intact. Oh well, at least I'll get the book too.

[quote name='Logain8955']I actually asked specifically for the broken one we had at work, so I can get me the artbook.

I suppose a pair of pliers would have done the job, but might as well take the already fucked up one.[/QUOTE]
I did the exact same thing. I requested that I receive the broken one we had. The entire left arm is broken off and sitting at the bottom of the package.

[quote name='CrimGhost']No broken Big Daddy, but the limited edition box was kind of dented up.[/QUOTE]
part of the box got crushed for me. Dont know if i should keep it. The figure is also missing an arm

I wonder if the chipped drill counts as a broken item? Do you think they will classify that as a busted figurine or are they looking for major damage (like a missing arm?)

The whole drill is broken off of mine, but I did offer to take this broken one off of GS's hands so that I could get the free art book.

I thought that It would be nice to get the art book, But I thought, How long would it take? And what If I got one that was also broken? And would there be other complications? So I got one that was in good shape. I Love playing bioshock!

The tip of the drill is broken off and one of the bars seems to have broken the slot it goes into. This is nothing some super glue can't fix, although I'm going to wait until more details of the replacement program emerge before fixing it.

I thought mine was okay, then I heard a rattling sound from the box. Sure enough, the tip of the drill is broken. At this rate, I would have preferred the CE comes with a metal case and art book instead of the figurine.

On a more positive note, the game is fantastic!

Mine came in perfect condition...except it was signed by the staff and the box also included $100,743,972.73, a new Ferrari, and a PS3.

The tip of the drill is broken off on mine =/ . That figure is super sexy though.

And I love me some Moby!

[quote name='variablesunknown']If you got your Bioshock Collector's Edition who got a broken big daddy?

Mine had the tip of his big drill arm broken off.[/quote]

same here...not a big deal but i'll be sneding it in for that artbook!

The very tip of the drill on my Big Daddy is broken. I could fix it myself but I want the artbook so I will send it in. What I don't want happening is me to send it in and then 2K gets overloaded and decides not to ship anyone back there Big Daddy.

[quote name='darth007']*sigh* Mine is in alright condition. But I wanted a broken figure just so I could get a physical art book, not the digital version.

You should've had a 5th option. No the figure isn't broken but you want it to be.[/quote]

Yeah, I would've been a 5th option. I don't want to be the asshole that shakes his toy to break it just to get a book I won't look at much. Still, 2k is doing a good job of remedying the broken Big Daddys.

The drill on mines was broken.

Also I don't know if its official or not but word is that they are only going to replace those Big Daddys that are sealed and visibly broken. If you took yours out of the package then they might not replace it because you could've just taken it out of the package to break it just so you can get a free artbook. Again this is just hearsay going on in the 2K forums.

I would say that having the big daddies sealed and unopened to be returned makes sense but you wouldn't be able to play the game if you didn't take it out of the plastic wrap. The game and big daddy are shrink wrapped together, unless we are talking about the plastic case with zip-tie the big daddy was in.

Not to mention I didn't even realize it was broken until I took it out of the box, you can't really see the tip of the drill unless its taken out of the box.

I think 2K is just going to have to eat it on this one, since there is no way to accurately confirm who really got a broken one and who broke theirs just to get an art book.

I bet all of us would have been a lot more understanding if the CE had actually had the steel-book case and full soundtrack CD that was promised to us.

[quote name='variablesunknown']

I bet all of us would have been a lot more understanding if the CE had actually had the steel-book case and full soundtrack CD that was promised to us. [/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to agree with you on that, I was kinda disappointed with the LE. We get:

- A broken figurine
- 3 song (Moby Remixes) soundtrack instead of a full "music from the game" soundtrack
- Regular case instead of the steel-book case
- Crappy cover art instead of the regular edition one.
- Shitty making of DVD which you can probably find on YouTube

The only good thing about this package is the game itself. Sure there is going to be replacements for big daddies and a potential free artbook but we'll see how long that takes and what condition will they be arriving in.

[quote name='CAG 79']I'm going to have to agree with you on that, I was kinda disappointed with the LE. We get:

- A broken figurine
- 3 song (Moby Remixes) soundtrack instead of a full "music from the game" soundtrack
- Regular case instead of the steel-book case
- Crappy cover art instead of the regular edition one.
- Shitty making of DVD which you can probably find on YouTube

The only good thing about this package is the game itself. Sure there is going to be replacements for big daddies and a potential free artbook but we'll see how long that takes and what condition will they be arriving in.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. My main disappointment is the soundtrack. It was why I bought the LE in the first place. I love collecting video game music, and really wanted to add this to my collection. Only to find that it has 3 Moby songs on it. Wtf?

[quote name='Derrick1979']See kids if you play with your big Daddy to much it will break off :D[/QUOTE]

My fiancee's been saying that for years. Well, with less "big" involved. :(

For all you CAGs that got the broken Big Daddy figures, have you gotten your replacements yet? I sent in my request the day the game came out and I haven't recieved anything yet, I'm just starting to get a bit worried.

I haven't received my coffin either. Today is the last day to submit a request though, so I'll bet they're going out soon.

[quote name='jmiller80']Anyone receive a coffin for your broken figurine or word from 2KGames?[/QUOTE]
Nothing yet.

Just got this email:

BioShock Figurine Replacement Program Update

The BioShock figurine replacement program is nearing completion after some delays due to production of the replacement figurines. We appreciate your patience and in order to speed things up, 2K Games is eliminating the step in which you are required to return the broken figurine (we've figured you've waited long enough!).

In the next two weeks, we will begin shipping out a single package containing both the replacement figurine and the art book to customers who enrolled in the program by November 12th. There will be no return box or need to return the broken figurine to our attention.
Thanks for your support and interest in BioShock, and for your patience during the replacement figurine program.

2K Games

I received my replacement figurine and art book yesterday. The figurine looks great and was packed very well. The art book is nice, too, but it got a little dinged up in transit.

Just a heads up I just got my replacement today with breaking the mold artbook.

Edit

I guess I should have post this in the Bioshock thread.

[quote name='jmiller80']I received my replacement figurine and art book yesterday. The figurine looks great and was packed very well. The art book is nice, too, but it got a little dinged up in transit.[/QUOTE]

Got mine on Friday and corner of artbook got mangled. Yay for UPS' mistreatment of packagaes as usual. Then again I easily glued the drill tip back on my original figure so getting an extra big daddy and artbook for free isn't half bad. Still wish packages were able to come via UPS without damage for once...

bread's done
Back