BIOSHOCK ending question (spoilers?)

SCDallas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I just beat bioshock and the ending showed the little sisters stabbing the end dude and killing him, then the little sisters growing up and getting married and such then me dieing, is this ending just because I saved all the little sisters and didn't let any die in the final level or is this always the ending? Dont get me wrong it was a good ending, just seemed a little quick.

I saved all the little sisters too...it's a good question. And yes I agree the ending did seem to finish in the blink of an eye...still very awesome nonetheless.

Oh and people say there's going to be a sequel....the way I see it they didn't leave any room at all. Everyone leaves the city, Fontaines dead, the main character is dead...

they definitely didn't leave room for a sequel but I heard they were going to do a sequel to system shock instead... A game which I heard was amazing but sadly never played.

SPOILERS (though you shouldn't be in this thread anyway if you don't want spoilers)

There are two endings.

1. Beat the game after saving all little sisters - the one you saw.
2. Harvest one or more little sisters - you launch nukes at the rest of the world.

Easiest thing to do is just go back a few saves, harvest the last little sister, and beat it again. Or watch the youtube link =p

[quote name='Nealocus123']I saved all the little sisters too...it's a good question. And yes I agree the ending did seem to finish in the blink of an eye...still very awesome nonetheless.

Oh and people say there's going to be a sequel....the way I see it they didn't leave any room at all. Everyone leaves the city, Fontaines dead, the main character is dead...[/QUOTE]

Likeliest scenario - a prequel. What happened just before things went sour.

Ha I didn't even think that there was most likely a 2nd ending if you didn't save all the sisters. Being a cheesemint whore I obviously saved them all. :D

[quote name='SCDallas']they definitely didn't leave room for a sequel but I heard they were going to do a sequel to system shock instead... A game which I heard was amazing but sadly never played.[/QUOTE]

A System Shock sequel would be awesome... I love the series.

I can see a Bioshock prequel (as others have said), but a sequel wouldnt make any sense.

[quote name='DCriminal']
I can see a Bioshock prequel (as others have said), but a sequel wouldnt make any sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only way they could do a sequel would to be a total separate story in some new dystopian setting. i.e. some new guy builds a new Rapture and the shit hits the fan again.

But that would be a pretty cheap way to cash in. But then again it's not really different that sequels in series like Zelda that often have nothing to do with previous games in the series, and are usually just a new version of the same general story with "different" incarnations of the same characters.

bread's done
Back