Bioshock For PC

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey,

Hopefully this is in the right place, I searched around, but think is the most appropriate place, if not I apolagize.

I can get Bioshock for the PC for $4.98 new. I'm normally a console gamer, but this a game I demoed and I'm interested in trying, but don't want to spend too much on it since I don't know if I will like. So, for $5, I think it is a steal, however, I'm a little concerned about getting it on the PC. I've heard shooters are easier on PCs, so that would be great, but I have some other things I'm worried about:

1. Being a console gamer, will I get the same enjoyment out of the game, or does it even matter?

2. Will a mouse work, or does I need something else? I looked and the box doesn't say anything, since I've never played a game like this on the PC, I'm not too sure.

3. I'm a little worried my computer I do game on won't be able to handle it right. It is a good computer, but it is a little older. It is an HP DV9000, I can get any of the specs on it if needed.

So anyway, those are most of my concerns. I know it is kind of silly, but I was just looking for some insight as to whether or not I should wait for the price on PS3 or 360 to drop, or if I should go this route.

Thanks so much!

If you have a wired 360 controller or get the wireless reciever thing you can use your 360 controller and it'll play exactly the same as Bioshock on the 360.

Yes, you can use a mouse.

Is the DV9000 a laptop? I doubt it'd be able to run Bioshock very well. Try downloading the demo and see how it runs.

[quote name='bs000']If you have a wired 360 controller or get the wireless reciever thing you can use your 360 controller and it'll play exactly the same as Bioshock on the 360.

Yes, you can use a mouse.

Is the DV9000 a laptop? I doubt it'd be able to run Bioshock very well. Try downloading the demo and see how it runs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I don't have a wired controller, just wireless. I guess I could try using my mouse, don't really want to invest more into the computer since I don't normally use it for gaming.

Yes, it is a laptop

It has:

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 T7200 2.00 ghz processor
2gb RAM
32 bit OS
Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 is what I believe it has for a processor.

I have a newer PC that would probably be able to handle the game better, but I just don't like to install games on my main computes, it bogs them down and stuff... So, I will probably just skip it.

Thanks for the info!

it's not going to run well at all on that laptop. and it won't bog down your other computer at all unless you never defrag.

but yeah, i got the ps3 version for around $15 used a few months ago so it shouldn't be hard to find it cheap.

You should try it out with a mouse, you may never be able to go back to dual analog after you use a mouse. As others have said, I'm not sure how well it will run on the laptop.

[quote name='msdmoney']You should try it out with a mouse, you may never be able to go back to dual analog after you use a mouse. As others have said, I'm not sure how well it will run on the laptop.[/QUOTE]

I had been a pc gamer for a long time but after I started playing with dual analogs, I didn't want to go back to mouse/kb.

With that 7600 you should get a console version instead. If you would still prefer playing on your laptop, consider playing System Shock 2. It is similar to Bioshock, it is pretty old, so your computer can easily run it.

bread's done
Back