BioShock Infinite date?

xLIHC631x

CAG Veteran
i preordered it from bestbuy because it said it comes out 3/1/2012..

ign said sometime in fall 2012 and each site is different.. so if i don't get it around 3/10/12 should i call bestbuy and make them give me a free game???

what have people heard about this

[quote name='xLIHC631x']i preordered it from bestbuy because it said it comes out 3/1/2012..

ign said sometime in fall 2012 and each site is different.. so if i don't get it around 3/10/12 should i call bestbuy and make them give me a free game???

what have people heard about this[/QUOTE]
Good luck on that:cool:

Why do people not check to see if the game release date is on a tuesday? If it says "3/1/12", and its not a tuesday, or sunday for nintendo games, its not coming out that day, unless it's skyrim :D

My MOST anticipated game of 2012. No way 2k is releasing it before October! Who knows maybe it's getting a delay and you'll never get to play it with the rumored end of days and stuff on 12.21.2012. >_

This will be game of the year, it or ME 3 are my predictions.

I have been looking forward to Bio 3 for about 2 years now, just a little while longer won't hurt anything. I'm hoping it has a killer steelcase packed in with the collector's edition.

[quote name='xLIHC631x']i preordered it from bestbuy because it said it comes out 3/1/2012..

what have people heard about this[/QUOTE]

I heard that Best Buy has a guarantee that if Bioshock Infinite isn't released on 3/10/12, that you can get the game for free. Just tell them you saw it on the internet.

[quote name='confoosious']I heard that Best Buy has a guarantee that if Bioshock Infinite isn't released on 3/10/12, that you can get the game for free. Just tell them you saw it on the internet.[/QUOTE]
original.0

Semi on-topic, does anyone know if there will be an actual "BioShock 3" set in Rapture?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
Semi on-topic, does anyone know if there will be an actual "BioShock 3" set in Rapture?[/QUOTE]

I'm all for it. I loved 2 and don't think it gets the respect it deserves.

I'm kind of sick of Rapture. The first 2 games were great, but I just don't think they can do anything unique in that setting, so any third game set their would just feel like a rehash. I'm more excited for Infinite as I think a new setting can really freshen up the series.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm kind of sick of Rapture. The first 2 games were great, but I just don't think they can do anything unique in that setting, so any third game set their would just feel like a rehash. I'm more excited for Infinite as I think a new setting can really freshen up the series.[/QUOTE]
See, I thought the story in 2 was great, and I'm dying to know what happens to
Eleanor Lamb
next. Depending on what ending you got,
she could end the game with the intent to conquer the surface world. So she could even be the villain in a BioShock 3 set after Rapture's secrets and technology have been revealed to the rest of the world, and the setting could be anywhere.
That just sounds awesome to me.

Oh, the story could be fine for sure, though I thought the story in 2 paled in comparison to the first (the Minerva's Den DLC had a better story than the main game).

I just don't think they could do much new with the environments, atmosphere etc. after two games in Rapture. Especially if it's a direct sequel coming right after part 2. Maybe if it was years in the future and they had rebuilt/expanded Rapture and could have very different enemies rather than just Big Daddies and splicers etc.

How many times have we fought in WWII or in the CoD universe? We're up to 5 Halos, 3 Gears of Wars...all recycling the same basic atmospheres, concepts and stories. Why is Bioshock different? I love me some Halo, enjoy Gears and despise CoD but I'd take another trip into Rapture above all of those.

I'm not sure I'm following why you think Bioshock/Rapture should be held to different standards than other franchises.

To be fair, I'm pretty sick of those franchises too. Same with most of the Nintendo franchises.

Only so many times I can play the same game with a new coat of paint.

I wholeheartedly agree with Maul. Unless we're talking a prequel I'm honestly not interested in returning to Rapture for an entire game for any reason regardless of how easily they could create a half decent story from it. A quick pit stop for nostalgia? Of course! Anything more than that though? Not so much. They had that chance with the viral campaign character and blew it.
All the power players/people I care to know more about are either dead, spliced up to hell and back, Big Daddies or retreated to the surface with plans to return with an Adam addiction cure. Lamb as a foil did nothing more for me than accentuate how brilliantly voiced and ridiculously entertaining Ryan and Fontaine were throughout BS1. Because of Eleanor's mediocrity as an antagonist I enjoyed the presence of her kid and the singer that cared for the munchkin more than I probably should have.
Not to mention the game's once wondrous atmosphere has also lost most of its allure over the years. I guess you could say I'm over it. The second game was a competent enough farewell for me so I'm overjoyed to see Infinite heading in a different direction with a new story in a different environment.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm all for it. I loved 2 and don't think it gets the respect it deserves.[/QUOTE]

The first was a masterpiece. The second was a great action game, but it felt clunky to me.

No need to go back a third time.

i seriously can't wait for this game....i think bioshock 2 closed up rapture for good...while it was a great game, it just didnt hav that initial rapture feel like the original...goin back to rapture wouldnt feel so great

I thought it was pretty well determined that Bioshock 3 was set in Columbiana? (or something like that)

edit: oh nevermind, i see what you're saying, that the next one after Infinite goes back to Rapture. I think Rapture is fine at the bottom of the ocean right now. No need to dredge it up.

I heard that Best Buy has a guarantee that if Bioshock Infinite isn't released on 3/10/12, that you can get the game for free. Just tell them you saw it on the internet.
LOL, I can just imagine the fun I'd have with the guy who calls my store claiming that.

bread's done
Back