BioShock Limited Edition Details Announced

Looks like I'll have the "Little Sister Saviour" acheivment as soon as I beat the game.

I'm such a sucker for being a hero in videogames.

They just released the PC specs for this game the other day. I should be able to run it no problem. I'm excited.

[quote name='javeryh']Awesome. It looks like there aren't any multiplayer achievements making most of them attainable if I spend enough time with it.[/quote]

That's because there's no multiplayer in this game. At all.

[quote name='Trakan']That's because there's no multiplayer in this game. At all.[/quote]

Really? Nothing? No online leaderboards or anything? That's got to be a first for the 360...

[quote name='javeryh']Really? Nothing? No online leaderboards or anything? That's got to be a first for the 360...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there will be leaderboards or some shit but I'm glad they left out MP.

[quote name='javeryh']Really? Nothing? No online leaderboards or anything? That's got to be a first for the 360...[/QUOTE]

Condemned.

I'm all for it. Not every game needs multiplayer. I just want a AAA single player experience.

[quote name='Corvin']Condemned.

I'm all for it. Not every game needs multiplayer. I just want a AAA single player experience.[/QUOTE]

Condemned has a leaderboard

I wish more games were Single Player only or Multiplayer only.

I mean, the experiences are ENTIRELY different beasts, why waste time tacking on a multiplayer component when you could spend that time improving the actual game?

I'd rather have a better single-player or better multiplayer experience than a game with weaker versions of both.

And hell, if focusing just on one component would also mean cheaper dev costs (and cheaper games), then I'm all for it

[quote name='PyroGamer']I wish more games were Single Player only or Multiplayer only.

I mean, the experiences are ENTIRELY different beasts, why waste time tacking on a multiplayer component when you could spend that time improving the actual game?

I'd rather have a better single-player or better multiplayer experience than a game with weaker versions of both.[/quote]

I agree but some games like Gears of War are awesome for both so it's hard to know where to draw the line. When Metroid Prime 2 was being made I was really pissed there was a multiplayer element tacked on because they could have been using those resources to make the single player experience better. Depends on the game, I guess.

any idea if this is actually going to be "limited" or if its just like the other gamestop exclusive collector's editions?

No idea but I'm still torn on this one. I'm in on Liongames($46 shipped next day) and I also have $5 down on the Limited($76 with tax).

So I would essentially be paying $30 for:
- Metal tin
- DVD
- Soundtrack
- 5" Big Daddy figure

Aaaarrrghh. I still don't know what to decide. That $30 could easily go towards Metroid or Stranglehold.

[quote name='Corvin']No idea but I'm still torn on this one. I'm in on Liongames($46 shipped next day) and I also have $5 down on the Limited($76 with tax).

- Metal tin
- DVD
- Soundtrack
- 5" Big Daddy figure

Aaaarrrghh. I still don't know what to decide. That $30 could easily go towards Metroid or Stranglehold.[/QUOTE]

you can always make than $30 back somehow, just go for it man

[quote name='AshesofWake']you can always make than $30 back somehow, just go for it man[/QUOTE]
Just make up the difference with your next game purchases :p

Since I can't get any deals like with Liongames up here, I'm just going to plunk down for the LE.

Seems like Bio-Shock is genereating way too much hype. But then again its not my type of game. but only a small group of people are into that type of fps. But i respect other peoples opinion. I may be wrong i may love it, but i doubt it. Halo 3 and Two worlds will keep me happy for years.

Bioshock is tied with Mass Effect for my most anticipated game this year so I'll easily spend the extra $$ on Bioshock LE especially considering the extras are actually decent.

[quote name='red flare graf']You don't like action figures? You are the anti-nerd.[/QUOTE]

I'm very much a nerd and don't find action figures exciting! :D

I am worried if it gets anything below an 9.0 score. If we start seeing 8s and(god no) 7s scores, I might have to change my mind and cancel the pre-order, which is pretty expensive.

This doesnt mean the game has failed or is bad, but a 7-8 game sort of brings down one of the most hyped games of the last two years. It has the potential to go from must-own to Gamefly rental.

However, the previews do indicate a strong likelihood that this will not disappoint and score very well. I hope so.

[quote name='Requiem']I am worried if it gets anything below an 9.0 score. If we start seeing 8s and(god no) 7s scores, I might have to change my mind and cancel the pre-order, which is pretty expensive.

This doesnt mean the game has failed or is bad, but a 7-8 game sort of brings down one of the most hyped games of the last two years. It has the potential to go from must-own to Gamefly rental.

However, the previews do indicate a strong likelihood that this will not disappoint and score very well. I hope so.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the score will be knocked down for no multiplayer. It shouldn't, but it will. Just keep that in consideration when you are checking the scores.

[quote name='Corvin']No idea but I'm still torn on this one. I'm in on Liongames($46 shipped next day) and I also have $5 down on the Limited($76 with tax).

- Metal tin
- DVD
- Soundtrack
- 5" Big Daddy figure

Aaaarrrghh. I still don't know what to decide. That $30 could easily go towards Metroid or Stranglehold.[/QUOTE]

yep, you'd be getting ripped off with the LE, especially if you have a Lion games pre-order down.

I dropped a fiver or it when it was announced, and now that its a confirmed steelbook I am gonna get it. That was the deciding factor for me.

I haven't pre-ordered a game in years but last week I went out and pre-ordered the LE of this game. If I think a game is going to kick major portions of ass and be an all-time favorite of mine then I will buy the Collector's Edition just to have it. I don't regret buying the CE of Oblivion, that thing was well worth the extra $10. I want my big daddy figurine DAMNIT!!!!!

bread's done
Back