Bioshock (PS3) $29.99 shipped at Newegg.com

Wow! Perfect time to buy it now. With an extra $10, you could get the exclusive DLC off PSN - which adds about 3-4 hours of gameplay value.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmm I already played and beat for 360. Is the extra DLC worth it?[/quote]

It depends on who you ask. In my opinion, no.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmm I already played and beat for 360. Is the extra DLC worth it?[/quote]

I bought it for PS3 (didn't have the 360 or PC version)...loved the game, but I wouldn't spend over $80 total on it.

wow! everyone on newegg who reviewed it gave it a 5/5. Maybe this is worth checking out after all
pixel.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I too beat it on the 360 when it first came out and really enjoyed. Then I sold my copy and have had an inkling to play through again. This is tempting, but for half that price I can rent it twice and beat it easily and doubt I would ever touch it again. Tempting, but gotta pass. $19.99 and I would not be able to resist.

But if you have NEVER played it, then for god's sake, buy it.

[quote name='david12795']lol tempting. I never even heard of the game. Not sure if its worth $30[/QUOTE]

It's easily worth 30 bucks if you have never played the game.

Still hoping this gets to $20 one day... that is gonna be my magic price for GOOD PS3 games to keep from getting a backlog this generation...

[quote name='Wlogan31']Still hoping this gets to $20 one day... that is gonna be my magic price for GOOD PS3 games to keep from getting a backlog this generation...[/quote]

I know this is "CHEAP Ass Gamer", but come on dude...You seriously going to wait it out for $10?
It'll probably take more than 6 months for it to hit that price....used. Is saving a little over a buck a month really that important to you?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I know this is "CHEAP Ass Gamer", but come on dude...You seriously going to wait it out for $10?
It'll probably take more than 6 months for it to hit that price....used. Is saving a little over a buck a month really that important to you?[/quote]

It is when I know I won't be able to get around to playing the game for another 5-6 months...

Backlogs are hell and that mentality is how my prior generation one got built. I refused to do that again in this generation. I'm playing great titles one at a time and I refuse to build up a backlog of more than 1-2 games (which I already have 2 PS3 games to play through first). That's just what I'm doing - it has NOTHING to do with being cheap...

To each his own...

Oh man bought it for $44 on Amazon not 2 long ago, and worth every penny. At $30 it's a steal, some of the best gameplay/story ever.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I know this is "CHEAP Ass Gamer", but come on dude...You seriously going to wait it out for $10?
It'll probably take more than 6 months for it to hit that price....used. Is saving a little over a buck a month really that important to you?[/quote]

It really is that important. Everytime you give in and pay $5-10 more, it all adds up. By exercising that extra measure of restraint, I can easily save another $300-400 a year. As Wlogan31 said, most of us have backlogs anyway, so the wait isn't so bad.

Damn, sold out.

Oh well, I bought it on Steam for $5. Wouldn't mind buying it for the PS3 if it becomes available at that price.

[quote name='rapsodist']It really is that important. Everytime you give in and pay $5-10 more, it all adds up. By exercising that extra measure of restraint, I can easily save another $300-400 a year. As Wlogan31 said, most of us have backlogs anyway, so the wait isn't so bad.[/quote]

I know, but if you REALLY want something, you can make an exception. I didn't catch on his "backlog" statement, so it makes sense to wait...though I highly doubt this game will go down to $20, unless you want to wait until late next year when it'll hit that price on gamefly.

i heard the shooting button is R2, which i LOATHE. is there a custom control or a different control scheme that uses the R1 button?

DAMN I missed out on this it looks like. I'll keep checking back to see if it goes back up at $30, but that's a great price point for me on this game.

its on amazon for $30 free shipping. it is also on another thread.

so anyone going to GS the dlc extra rooms?

bread's done
Back