BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3), $20.98 at Target. YMMV?

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up. Saw this at my local Target today. I'm not sure if it's storewide.

Edit: Just thought I'd edit this post and put the DPCI number in the OP since I added it in a post on the second page.

207-24-0849

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGkrazy']Are the dlcs in the disc or do uou have to download them? Already have the vanilla games.[/QUOTE]

Answered already in this very thread....

Everything is on disc.

Was able to pick up a copy, but yeah, something is to be desired from the 360 version. Just going to keep this baby sealed for now since my total play time for part 1 and 2 is probably an hour between both...I just jumped on the hype of the low new release price :lol:

Just got back from Target and can confirm the $20.98 price for the PS3. They also had Ni No Kuni on the floor. Actually had it in hand but when checking out the release date popped up and the sale was a no go. Oh well. almost had it a few days early.

Yeah, got it at my Target also for $20.
Still haven't opened it yet since I own B1 & 2 on Xbox and 1 on PS3.
Extra content might be worth it.

Picked nine up. Same sing and dance with having to ask them to check the inventory PDA and then getting it. Girl was surprised at the clearance price too.

[quote name='get_loud']Picked nine up. Same sing and dance with having to ask them to check the inventory PDA and then getting it. Girl was surprised at the clearance price too.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't mean you picked nine up. If so, thanks for bragging about it bro!

This is a solid deal. No matter what gaming platform you look at (PC, 360, PS3) Bioshock is almost universally accepted as a top 20 game of the past decade. Bioshock 2 is normally not very far behind on the rankings, paying around $20 for both with DLC included is an awesome deal.

[quote name='honkyjesus']How the hell is anyone supposed to know this?

When acronyms and no explanations cause messups in communication they serve no purpose.[/QUOTE]

Distribution Product Code Information? I work at Target and have absolutely no clue what it stands for. I know what it's used for. The backroom acronyms are stranger.

Can confirm it's this price at the Durham, NC Target store. One copy left.

[quote name='VenomA7X']WOAH! I just looked at the back of the box, do you really need 22 GB of hard drive space to install everything?[/QUOTE]

It's quite a bit of DLC. Minimum requirement is 5 GB with just the basic install.

Score! Thanks to the DCIP, a "We don't have it" quickly turned into a "TD!" 3rd time already in 2013 a CS rep said "Wow..." after scanning something I found on CAG!

Thanks team!

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I hope you didn't mean you picked nine up. If so, thanks for bragging about it bro![/QUOTE]

Nope, just the one. Autocorrect failed me grammar this tyme.

You guys think I can price match the $20 PS3 version to get the 360 version for $20? Or they wont do it?

[quote name='VenomA7X']WOAH! I just looked at the back of the box, do you really need 22 GB of hard drive space to install everything?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately I can confirm this. Playing it right now on the PS3 and it eats up some serious space. But at least the music that plays while you install Bioshock one is excellent.

[quote name='Trojann']You guys think I can price match the $20 PS3 version to get the 360 version for $20? Or they wont do it?[/QUOTE]

At Target? I didn't see a 360 version.

Thanks for the DCPI! I verified they had it in stock by manually entering it into one of the price check machines then asked a rep for it. He got one from the stockroom with no hassle.

It's because you install BS2 to the HDD don't know why they didn't just make it playable off the disc.

Is the :ps3: DLC a separate on-disc install, or is it integrated directly into the game install? (for example, I already have Bioshock 2 installed previously, wondering if there will be any issues buying a copy a this for the DLC.)

Thanks!

Yup, separate on-disc install. Inserting the disc installs the first game only. The second game, and every piece of DLC is a separate, manual install. So you should be fine.

[quote name='Zippon']Yup, separate on-disc install. Inserting the disc installs the first game only. The second game, and every piece of DLC is a separate, manual install. So you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

To clarify you insert the disc 2 icons pop up on the XMB one is Bioshock and the other icon is the installs for BS2 and all the extra DLC. Also I just went through the small museum level and if your a Bioshock fan you're going to love it very cool.

[quote name='Shrowd']unfortunately I can confirm this. Playing it right now on the PS3 and it eats up some serious space. But at least the music that plays while you install Bioshock one is excellent.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']It's because you install BS2 to the HDD don't know why they didn't just make it playable off the disc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I can't believe you have to install Bioshock 2 entirely. Wow after looking at the packaging differences and now this, I see why there was an immediate price drop lol

so i got bioshock 2 on psn+ for free but i am unsure of what dlc is included (if any).

i'm tempted to get in on this as i never played the other bioshocks except for maybe 40 mins of the psn+ version

[quote name='joeyshadows']Distribution Product Code Information? I work at Target and have absolutely no clue what it stands for. I know what it's used for. The backroom acronyms are stranger.[/QUOTE]

DPCI
Department Class Item

[quote name='VenomA7X']Wow after looking at the packaging differences and now this, I see why there was an immediate price drop lol[/QUOTE]

It's an error, not a price drop. Target is the only store doing it, and most of them don't even have it on the shelf yet. We're all having them pull these from the dark recesses of the stockroom. They just bungled it.

I had to look at the 360 package in person to understand the insane fascination with it. I still don't see it. It's slightly fatter than a regular case to accommodate that pile of DVD's. Doesn't look any fancier. Even when opened it's just an extra sleeve.

I find this particularly funny since I was on another forum listening to comments about the new game, BioShock Infinite. Apparently, the PC version is going to include huge texture packs that would choke the consoles, so they are issuing the game on 3 DVD's. Pretty much every commenter looked down their nose at physical media and bragged about how they all use the cloud, steam, etc. But here we have people talking about how awesome it is to have four discs instead of one blu-ray? Go figure. \\:D/

[quote name='Zippon']It's an error, not a price drop. Target is the only store doing it, and most of them don't even have it on the shelf yet. We're all having them pull these from the dark recesses of the stockroom. They just bungled it.

I had to look at the 360 package in person to understand the insane fascination with it. I still don't see it. It's slightly fatter than a regular case to accommodate that pile of DVD's. Doesn't look any fancier. Even when opened it's just an extra sleeve.

I find this particularly funny since I was on another forum listening to comments about the new game, BioShock Infinite. Apparently, the PC version is going to include huge texture packs that would choke the consoles, so they are issuing the game on 3 DVD's. Pretty much every commenter looked down their nose at physical media and bragged about how they all use the cloud, steam, etc. But here we have people talking about how awesome it is to have four discs instead of one blu-ray? Go figure. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version. I prefer metal cases others may like the unique artwork, others prefer neither and like more space in the real world and less on their systems hard drive.

Individual flavor preference. Gotta say though, the art of the Little Sister's hand reaching out to the Big Brother looks cool.

[quote name='Shrowd']I do not think it is the extra discs or media choice the people are talking about, just the physical artwork you get when purchasing the 360 version. I prefer metal cases others may like the unique artwork, others prefer neither and like more space in the real world and less on their systems hard drive.

Individual flavor preference. Gotta say though, the art of the Little Sister's hand reaching out to the Big Brother looks cool.[/QUOTE]

I agree and would have gotten the XBOX version, but cheaper is cheaper and since I already own 1 and 2 collectors editions for the XBOX I bought the PS3 Version.

And that 20+ GB HD install on the PS3 is another factor as it isn't like it improves the performance and quality over the 360 playing straight from the disc. At least it didn't when they were mandatory installs for each game's separate release before as Lens of Truth and other sites gave the 360 the decisive edge. It doesn't mean the PS3 is not an amazing experience, but if you want the best experience barring costs, this is something else that leans towards the 360 besides the special case/cover. With that in mind, I still got it for both systems. :)

Bioshock 1

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-bioshock/

Bioshock 2

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-bioshock-2/2/

[quote name='Tarskidx']And that 20+ GB HD install on the PS3 is another factor as it isn't like it improves the performance and quality over the 360 playing straight from the disc. At least it didn't when they were mandatory installs for each game's separate release before as Lens of Truth and other sites gave the 360 the decisive edge. It doesn't mean the PS3 is not an amazing experience, but if you want the best experience barring costs, this is something else that leans towards the 360 besides the special case/cover. With that in mind, I still got it for both systems. :)

Bioshock 1

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-bioshock/

Bioshock 2

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-bioshock-2/2/[/QUOTE]

I had no idea this website existed. You rock, thank you for the information. Been a gamer my whole life and have two small sons (6&8) so we have most of the systems. Being able to compare this way is awesome.

No problem Shrowd and thank you for the compliment. Lens of Truth doesn't compare every single major AAA release and have changed the way they analyze between consoles, but it is a good reference source when they do update. I love the sites that provide concrete stats to declare a winner and not just speculate.

It may take a few weeks after the game is released to give their analysis though. Also, they have sort of taken the high ground and not declare a winner and let the readers vote on who they think should win based off of their research.

Another one I use is the digital foundry for Eurogamer.net as they do their own comparison called face-off. Here is how they did a comparison for Devil May Cry between the 360 and PS3 and they will also take into account the PC or Wii U when applicable. Enjoy!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dmc-face-off

Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

Since I was able to PM Target's $29.99 price for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale at Best Buy, though, I think I'll go to Target, take a picture of the price appearing on the price-check machine, return the copy of Bioshock URE, then price-match at BBY since I have so much credit there.

I went to a Target in Tallahassee today, the guy in electronics tried to assure me that they didn't have it because if it was a new game it would be on the shelf, but I kept asking him to check. Ended up having 2+ in the back, got it for ~22. Thanks OP

Glad to help a fellow CAG member out. These sites that can help people decide which console to buy an identical game for with pretty reliable test results.

Digital Foundry seems to be more in depth than Lens of Truth in more recent analysis so I can't argue that point.

[quote name='Vigilante']Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

Since I was able to PM Target's $29.99 price for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale at Best Buy, though, I think I'll go to Target, take a picture of the price appearing on the price-check machine, return the copy of Bioshock URE, then price-match at BBY since I have so much credit there.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a subtle joke at the expense of the credit obsessed people on CAG. If you come out ahead after all that, you have way too much time on your hands.

[quote name='Vigilante']Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.

Since I was able to PM Target's $29.99 price for Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale at Best Buy, though, I think I'll go to Target, take a picture of the price appearing on the price-check machine, return the copy of Bioshock URE, then price-match at BBY since I have so much credit there.[/QUOTE]

And then wait for a 100% trade in bonus offer, flip it back to Best Buy, hold onto the credit until Best Buy has Hitman Absolution as a deal of the day, buy that, flip it to Gamestop towards a copy of Need for Speed, which you'll then take back to Best Buy for more credit...which you'll use to buy a starbucks giftcard to get a latte when you go back to Target to pick up a copy of Bioshock in the bargain bin for $15.98 when your plan finally comes to fruition in 8 months?

[quote name='Vigilante']Got a copy from Target today, and it was the same situation that many have said: I had to ask for it because copies were in the stockroom.[/QUOTE]

+1

Got my copy as well. Not too thrilled about the big install but prefer to play it on the PS3. Was kinda contemplating just picking up Bioshock 2 on Amazon because its $13 and I already have the first one but for a few dollars more I can have both games in one package. Why not.

I went to Target today looking for the 360 version and no dice. I came home to buy it from amazon and its sold out with a 2-4 week wait unless you go with GoHastings. I checked which Gamestops near me had a copy and none of them had any 360 copies within 100 miles. Best Buy was the only one that had one in stock, so I placed an order for pick up. I didn't think this would be in high demand/low print run.

bread's done
Back