BJ's August coupons, 5 of Any Bluray/15 off any TV Series 29.99+

brauma

CAGiversary!
On the back of their Media guide near their DVD stands they have 3 coupons, 5 off Madden on any console (meh), 5 off any Blu, and 15 off any TV Series.

I picked up

Rescue Me season 5 - 20
Rambo 1/2/3 - 3 per
Groundhog Day - 5 (free $10 movie tickets)
Jerry Maguire - 5 (free $10 movie tickets)

Not bad, i woulda got more but i didnt want to go overboard, one i really wanted though was The Phanton for 3, might go back tomorrow for that.

Anywho, just wanted to give those that have a BJ's around them a chance to stock up on cheap blu's.

Well it says one per customer, but i just went to the self checkout and had the lady swipe all the coupons since they dont swipe correctly for some reason. The selection on Blu's is pretty deep too, granted most are 5+ years old, i figure whatever for 3-5 bucks. You can still get the new releases too, but their general price is like 22-29 for those so imo it's not worth it. And yea, Kick-Ass will probably be at or around 18.99, since that seems to be the starting price for Blu's there.

Also, sorry about the typo in the topic title, no idea how to fix it

Hmm, my bad then, lady at my store kinda ran over to me as i was checking out and asking for the coupons to scan since they dont scan or whatever. Never did check the expiration date. I actually went back today to grab The Phantom, but i guess someone bought it. Hate when i opt not to buy something and it's gone when i finally decide to.

BJ's had a ton of these flyers at the door. Now in the fine print it says 1 coupon per member. Does that mean that they track these and if I try to use a second one that it will deny it, or I can only use one per transaction?

They don't track it. I used 11 on Saturday, even though they shouldn't have been active yet. The CSR overrode the coupon on the last two. It makes no sense, but it worked.\\:D/

What is kinda store is BJ's? Man you guys are making me jealous, reminds me of the Target coupon awhile back. Too bad I have no stores like that around here.

[quote name='specter316']They don't track it. I used 11 on Saturday, even though they shouldn't have been active yet. The CSR overrode the coupon on the last two. It makes no sense, but it worked.\\:D/[/QUOTE]

what did you use 11 on?

Groundhog day, run Lola run, hollow man, blue streak (I know but I like it), beer league/the big white 2-pack, Bruce almighty, Jerry maguire, we own the night, Fargo, firewall, and the brave one. All for $5 after coupon.

Well my BJ's is worthless and didn't have the August media guides out yet. But here are some of the better $9.99 titles I seen: Groundhog Day, Shaun of the Dead, 12 Monkeys, Miami Vice, The Last Samurai, Training Day, Jerry Maguire....there was alot more I am just struggling to remember any.

Spent $45 and got
Shaun of the Dead
Deliverance
Interview with the Vampire
The Terminator (Think it was free since there was a $5 off fox bluray promotion)
Terminator 3
Ghost in he Shell 2.0
Kick Ass ($21 and change minus another $5)

[quote name='AceBB6']What is kinda store is BJ's? [/QUOTE]

Certainly isn't this place. That's the only BJ's I know of...

BJs_Restaurant_Brewhouse.jpg

[quote name='AceBB6']What is kinda store is BJ's? Man you guys are making me jealous, reminds me of the Target coupon awhile back. Too bad I have no stores like that around here.[/QUOTE]

BJ's is a wholesaler, like Costco or Sam's Club.

Hey all -

Went to my local BJ's yesterday (Orlando, FL - Millennia) and was unable to find these coupons. . .

I'm not an actual member (was using a friend's membership and was going to use self-checkout), so I don't know the places to look. Can anyone tell me where these coupons would typically be located? (I picked up a couple of sheets of coupons as I walked in - no blu-ray deals there, and they looked through a couple of recent catalogs with me at the customer service counter with no luck as well - I'm not even sure if they had heard of the blu-ray coupons. Could this be a regional thing?)

I *really* want Kick-Ass for $16.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I'm using my wife's card and self checkout, I've only done this twice so far. If it didn't REQUIRE (at least in my case) an override for the coupon, I would be going "target 5 dollar coupon crazy." Compared to last Christmas' Target selection, BJ's cheapy blu's kick major ass. So far;

Jakie Chan's A New Police Story 2.99
Jerry Maguire (w/ movie cash) 4.99

I'm looking at Trick or Treat, Shaun of the Dead, Over the Top, Groundhog Day and some other nonsense.
I just can't watch 'em as fast as I buy 'em.

Is this ymmv because i went to my bjs and they had entertainment mag by the movies and saw no $5 coupon but I did see james and the giant peach for 24.99 so if I had 5 coupon I could get it for 9.99. They also had ALOT of other movies 9.99 and 7.99 as well good selection to. Can anyone grab me a bunch of $5 off coupons and possibly mail them to me I would be willing to pick up some movies you wanted my bj's had a big selection

Damn, I wish I had a BJ's around here, the only one I know serves BS food!!!! I would be all over that deal, especially with the movie cash on them!!!

Well, I couldn't resist, went back before closing and picked up Shaun of the Dead for 4.99.

Addiction.

I guess it's a little ymmv since i went to a store across town and they didnt even have their media fliers updated, they still had April's out.

The coupons are located at the back of their media guide, which is set up around the area they keep the dvd's.

Im glad some of you are making out with this deal, i think it's a fantastic deal, i gotta go and grab some more 5 dollar ones with free movie tickets.

Picked up Logan's Run for $5 tonight. Ended up grabbing like 10-15 fliers to hoard just in case, even though they had hundreds. Throughout the month I'm hoping to get Deliverance, Shaun of the Dead, Blood the Last Vampire, among some other titles for me and some for gifts, all no more than $5. I love these things. :)

Went back to BJ's today, they still have the July Media guides out.....starting to get irratated, I want to take advatage of this.

PS- Mine had Minority Report for $15, so $10 after coupon.

[quote name='SLeeK719']Went back to BJ's today, they still have the July Media guides out.....starting to get irratated, I want to take advatage of this.

PS- Mine had Minority Report for $15, so $10 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

Did you try asking up at the service desk? They might not have gotten around to putting them out yet, but in my experience, will be glad to give you one.

Some stores are really lazy, the one i go to screwed up their sale signs and had the Road showing it was 12.99 under the bluray for over a month, and me trying to buy it for that price over and over. They kept saying it was a miss mark but never changed it.

Date Night on blu is $21.99 after a $5 instant rebate. I used a $5 coupon and got it for $16.99. I also discovered that you can use up to 3 $5 off coupons at a time before the register prompts for a cashier override. So from now on I'll be buying blurays in multiples of three.

Well my store finally put the August media guides out. I didn't want to go overboard so I picked up Groundhog Day, Shaun of the Dead, and 12 monkeys. I tried doing self checkout but it said the coupons were "invalid", but the young girl who looks over the self checkout lines came up and overrode it without a problem. I might use the $15 off DVD boxsets for Deadwood Season 1 and 2 for $14.99 each.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Date Night on blu is $21.99 after a $5 instant rebate. I used a $5 coupon and got it for $16.99. I also discovered that you can use up to 3 $5 off coupons at a time before the register prompts for a cashier override. So from now on I'll be buying blurays in multiples of three.[/QUOTE]

Mine seemed to cap at 2 before requiring a key, fwiw.

[quote name='theflicker']Mine seemed to cap at 2 before requiring a key, fwiw.[/QUOTE]
I was getting 4 movies, so it's possible that it capped it at 2 for me too and I just didn't realize it until the cashier scanned all of them.

I checked today and my local BJ's had the JUNE Entertainment flyer out. I asked at customer service if they had the new one but the woman couldn't find it. I was happy she at least checked (I could see her rummaging around through the boxes.)

Still going....and it seems they have updated a ton of Universal stuff. American Gangster, The Fast and the Furious flicks and more were added at 9.99 a pop. 5.xx after coupon is pretty sweet.

I picked up Groundhog Day for 5.59 w/ 10 bucks in Movie Cash. Nice.

Here is my total haul so far

All $5

A Time to Kill
Jerry Mcguire
Shaun Of The Dead
Wild Things
Replacement Killers
Hitch
Gattaca
The Mask
American History X
A History Of Violence
Pitch Black
Groundhog Day

Van Wilder $3
Johnny Handsome $3 (After $2 IR)
Neverending Story $8

Does anyone have a pic of the August Entertainment flyer? I would like to know what I am looking for :) I asked the employees and they're clueless.

[quote name='tylerdurden10']Here is my total haul so far

All $5

A Time to Kill
Jerry Mcguire
Shaun Of The Dead
Wild Things
Replacement Killers
Hitch
Gattaca
The Mask
American History X
A History Of Violence
Pitch Black
Groundhog Day

Van Wilder $3
Johnny Handsome $3 (After $2 IR)
Neverending Story $8[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wanna get Gattaca, The Mask and Replacement Killers and but didn't have that in BJ'S store in Flushing. I have duplicate of Freddie vs Jason. Maybe, someone wants to trade... hehehe!

bread's done
Back