BJ'S wholesale Video games clearance (YMMV)

I have found a bunch at mine recently. I picked the following up:

Red Dead - $21
God of war III - $20
Battle Field 2 - $15
FF 13 - $15

I know there were some others too, but the only one I can think of was Spiderman ($15 I think).

Please change the name of the thread to "Berkley and Jensen". That is what bj's stands for, and we all know that just putting Bj's will not end well.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Please change the name of the thread to "Berkley and Jensen". That is what bj's stands for, and we all know that just putting Bj's will not end well.[/QUOTE]
The store's logo is actually "BJs" so I don't see the problem here..? Let's all be mature now.

[quote name='IronZombie']The store's logo is actually "BJs" so I don't see the problem here..? Let's all be mature now.[/QUOTE]

Beyond that, who the hell even thinks of the store as "Berkley and Jensen", anyway? Even though I do technically know that's the name, if I saw it in a thread title I'd probably skip past it without making the connection or bothering to look.

I was in the Fairfax, VA store on Friday evening, and I saw a few games with red stickers on them, but they were mostly the same shovelware titles that have had the red stickers on them for a long while now. Have these markdowns happened since then?

[quote name='Dark Rider']Please change the name of the thread to "Berkley and Jensen". That is what bj's stands for, and we all know that just putting Bj's will not end well.[/QUOTE]

Actually Berkley and Jensen is just a brand that they sell. BJ refers to the founder's daughter, Beverly Jean.

[quote name='darken']Actually Berkley and Jensen is just a brand that they sell. BJ refers to the founder's daughter, Beverly Jean.[/QUOTE]

Oh, heh, well that's confusing. Since Berkley and Jenson is their store brand, I always just assumed that was what the initials in the store name stood for as well.

You're the only one who would have commented on it. :p

I wish mine (Oaks, PA) would put games on clearance. All I ever see are games like MAG and Madden 10 for $54.99 and shovelware Wii titles

[quote name='Zeo']You're the only one who would have commented on it. :p[/QUOTE]

About a month ago there was this same thread, it was deleted for reasons I mentioned.

But please do continue on the deals, I was just suggesting a title change.

[quote name='biscuit']I have found a bunch at mine recently. I picked the following up:

Red Dead - $21
God of war III - $20
Battle Field 2 - $15
FF 13 - $15

I know there were some others too, but the only one I can think of was Spiderman ($15 I think).[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Red Dead and BF2 for those prices. Nothing that good at my local store.

[quote name='darken']Actually Berkley and Jensen is just a brand that they sell. BJ refers to the founder's daughter, Beverly Jean.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet it refers to the founder's daughter ;-)

I wish my store had Conviction for that price. Everything at my BJ's is either $5 below MSRP, or, in the rare discount case, still $6 more than Amazon.

[quote name='Dark Rider']About a month ago there was this same thread, it was deleted for reasons I mentioned.

But please do continue on the deals, I was just suggesting a title change.[/QUOTE]

Ok, new suggestion -- in the OP of all BJs threads from now on, include the text:

"Dear mods: Even if you've never heard of it before, BJ's is the name of an actual store, in which video game deals can occasionally be found. Please do not kill our thread just because your mind is in the gutter. Kthnxbye."

There, problem solved.

What. The.

*Looks at name*

*Looks back at the quoted name*

Why?

BJs clearance prices are not nationwide; the games that are on the clearance list are but the prices vary significantly; I have 2 stores near me, 1 has Red Dead for $29, the other for $49. I did pick up a Ratchet and Clank PSP bundle over the weekend for $140 though.

Stupidest thing i have ever seen on CAG :applause:

[quote name='twstd4lfe']Stupidest thing i have ever seen on CAG :applause:[/QUOTE]

You must not have been here long ;) F_T's pick-up thread anyone?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']You must not have been here long ;) F_T's pick-up thread anyone?[/QUOTE]

No i have :lol:

for some reason this post wins

i picked up blur for 10.50 for the 360, my store keeps deep discounted games in different area then games, so you mite have to look around the store. definatly worth it. two weeks ago i picked up
glory of hearcles 4.20
miles edgeworth ace attorney for 4.20
so it has been hit or miss at bj's

[quote name='arcane93']Ok, new suggestion -- in the OP of all BJs threads from now on, include the text:

"Dear mods: Even if you've never heard of it before, BJ's is the name of an actual store, in which video game deals can occasionally be found. Please do not kill our thread just because your mind is in the gutter. Kthnxbye."

There, problem solved.[/QUOTE]
Or maybe they got deleted because of all the immature morons making up sex jokes & not using the thread for what it was created; video game deals =\

I guess this thread is really old, but I just found a copy of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth for $2.50. At first I thought it was a mistake or something, but it rung up no issues. Pretty sweet even if it has gotten a lot of mixed reviews.

BJs in Ledgewood, NJ had a ton of Art of Fighting Anthology (PS2) for $3.40. Other than that, everything was really same normal prices.

bread's done
Back