BK games .99 cents each *YMMV*

kensterdotnet

CAGiversary!
[quote name='www.kotaku.com']Burger King Games Drop To 99 Cents If your weren't one of the 3.2 million people that purchased the terrifying Burger King games over the last 6 months or so, your dreams of forcing people to eat virtual disgusting fast food can now come true for a mere 99 cents. The Hushed Casket is reporting that Burger King has dropped the price of their bizarrely popular games from four bucks a piece to less then a dollar, complete with photographic evidence. One commenter on the site wrote in saying they purchased the games without even having to buy the food. Truly a blessing if there ever was one. Flynn De Marco[/quote] I looked back a couple of pages and didn't find this deal anywhere.
As the title states the games are 99 cents now. It might be YMMV, but I'm not sure. I'm going to go to burger king tomorrow and check it out at the one near me. If you guys have any news about this please post it.
I'm going to go there tomorrow morning before school and then come back here after school to update this post.
Here is a picture also from kotaku:
burgerkinggames99kg4.jpg

[quote name='Damian']I saw Big Bumpin' at GameStop for $7.99.[/quote]
Yea, one of the comments on that blog said that the BK games at GameStop have gone up to $7.99 for some odd reason.

LOL It doesn't surprise me one bit to see Gamestop selling them for more than they retailed for originally. I gotta check my local BKs to see if I can find a couple trios of these games for collection purposes.

Funniest part of these 3 games, is that they're BC and play on the 360 from day one, when older regular Xbox games don't all play on there STILL.

[quote name='AltNameMaster']LOL It doesn't surprise me one bit to see Gamestop selling them for more than they retailed for originally. I gotta check my local BKs to see if I can find a couple trios of these games for collection purposes.

Funniest part of these 3 games, is that they're BC and play on the 360 from day one, when older regular Xbox games don't all play on there STILL.[/QUOTE]
there is actually 2 version of the game on the disc, xbox and x360. Otherwise you cant get achievement with regular xbox games.

[quote name='billg']You can trade these games in?![/quote]

Originally not, since there's no bar code, but apparently GS is accepting them. Go figure.

[quote name='AltNameMaster']Funniest part of these 3 games, is that they're BC and play on the 360 from day one, when older regular Xbox games don't all play on there STILL.[/quote]

It's not that funny, considering these were built from the ground up to be compatible with the 360...

[quote name='AltNameMaster']Funniest part of these 3 games, is that they're BC and play on the 360 from day one, when older regular Xbox games don't all play on there STILL.[/QUOTE]
They're not backwards compatible, as others have said, there's both and original Xbox and Xbox 360 version on the disc. They're different games, the 360 version has achievements and online play. For some reason you can't go online with the original Xbox versions.

I saw my local GS with 7.99 price tag too, and they even put the sticker on top of the 3.99 one.

As for the .99 price, I was just at my local BK and without knowing this deal, they still had the price at 3.99

The dollar sign looks far enough to the left that it appears probable that someone either removed the 3 or it fell off. They could have removed it on purpose if they did drop it to 99 cents, but I'm just saying.

Oh, excellent. I held off 'cause Idon't own an Xbox myself, but now I'll try to pick these up I can.
Well, Sneak King at the very least.

[quote name='fairtrade']LOL, come to think of it how much do these get in credit if you trade them in at GC or EBGS?[/quote]

$1.00

Well, dammit, as I posted in the last thread where someone said there was a deal on these (I think that one was all 3 for $7.99) I just bought these about 6 days ago for the then current deal of 3 for $10.99. And I don't have a fucking 360 yet either. I just figured they'd be all clear of them by now and there was no way I'd pay the EB/GS price to get them used :rofl:.

And as I said (jokingly) in that thread, I wonder if I can take my receipt back to BK and price adjust? Can't help but think that way as a CAG :lol:.

But I have a feeling these deals may be extremely YMMV as probably just individual stores are making up their own prices if they still have these to get rid of. Now if everyone starts reporting that these are 99 cents at all BK's, I'll probably pick up another set just for the cases! Has anyone else besides the OP seen this?

This is a Super-Sized YMMV.

Perhaps that particular BK had SO many unsold copies that they didn't know what else to do...

[quote name='Kerig']This is a Super-Sized YMMV.

Perhaps that particular BK had SO many unsold copies that they didn't know what else to do...[/QUOTE]

I think I remember reading somewhere that they produced 5 million copies of the games (total I think, not 5 million of each) and they've sold 3.2 million copies so if that's true there's quite a few copies to clearance out.

these games are worth 99 cents

not 3.99

3 for 10

3 for 8

blah blah blah

you get what you pay for

[quote name='AltNameMaster']Funniest part of these 3 games, is that they're BC and play on the 360 from day one, when older regular Xbox games don't all play on there STILL.[/QUOTE]
The King Games trio is not backwards compatible....

[quote name='Nyck']I bought some yesterday for 3.99. Looks like the 3 just fell off there.[/QUOTE]

This seems more likely the case or its just extremely YMMV.

All the BK around me are still $3.99 each and all three for $10.99.

[quote name='fairtrade']LOL, come to think of it how much do these get in credit if you trade them in at GC or EBGS?[/quote]

you can always keep these around till the next trade 3 in get $10 extra store credit

I would definitely buy it for $0.99 each, eventhough I don't have a 360 yet.

Now only if I could find a BK that is selling it for a buck each :D

Can we either close this thread of put YMMV on the thread title? The BK today has the same deal as every other person mentioned.

[quote name='gizmogc']Can we either close this thread of put YMMV on the thread title? The BK today has the same deal as every other person mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. $3.99, not 99 cents for me too. Most of the BKs around me don't even have them.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The King Games trio is not backwards compatible....[/QUOTE]
They don't have to be. They have native 360 and Xbox versions of the games on each disc, like the OXM demo discs. I wouldn't see why you would want to play the gimped Xbox versions if you have a 360.

[quote name='radjago']They don't have to be. They have native 360 and Xbox versions of the games on each disc, like the OXM demo discs.[/QUOTE]
Incidentally, they don't do that anymore. The Nov '06 issue was the last dual disc. They said there's basically just nothing being relased for the original Xbox anymore.

[quote name='radjago']They don't have to be. They have native 360 and Xbox versions of the games on each disc, like the OXM demo discs. I wouldn't see why you would want to play the gimped Xbox versions if you have a 360.[/quote]
god damnit

did I need to read that fuckin 5 times in this thread?

we got the fuckin point

[quote name='diablofreak']how easy are the achievements, maybe buy them just for the sake of getting the points?[/quote]

The Pocket Bike Racer achievements are easy as pie (for the majority), the Sneak King ones seem fairly easy but I get bored of that game very quickly. I think the Big Bumping achievements are fairly easy as well but I've not played that very much.

bread's done
Back