Black DS lite question

T16skyhopp

CAGiversary!
Heyo,

been thinking about picking up a DS lite after christmas. All my friends only have the white one so its the only one ive seen out of the box. Does the black one have the same finish as the black GBA SP, or is it different? thanks.

It has a matte finish on the hinge and shoulder buttons (and the area between the shoulder buttons). The rest is covered with the clear plastic.

-HM

if you get a black one make sure to pick up a nice microfiber cloth. those little cheap ones that come in bundles or for a couple bucks dont cut it, you need to get a nice one from like kragen to keep the prints off.

Or do what I did and get a decal from decalgirl.com. Don't really care about it getting dirty anymore, except the exposed spots, but its not much.

ok, thanks. ive heard similar reports of it being easily dirtied. does the same go for the white one? I like the white too, i was just gonna get the black to match the GBA (wont trade it in because of my original tetris cart >> god knows how long my actual gameboy is still going to work...). Thanks.

I have white and a friend of mine has black.

I don't think the black one is easily dirtied - it's just that fingerprints tend to be more noticible on the black. The white still attracts the fingerprints, but they're harder to notice unless you tilt it and it catches the light at just the right angle.

The shoulder buttons and the rubber feet on the white, however, tend to get noticibly dirty (more so the feet than the buttons), and I imagine this is not the case in black.

-HM

[quote name='Hollow Man']It has a matte finish on the hinge and shoulder buttons (and the area between the shoulder buttons). The rest is covered with the clear plastic.

-HM[/quote]it's actually just glossy black plastic, no layer of clear plastic

fingerprints are pretty apparent on it yes, but easy enough to wipe off.
Besides which they're all on the outside anyway, hardly the part you'll be paying attention to when using it.

thanks for the opinions. I wish I had a black one to see in hand, reports come in from "its not that bad" to "omg the black looks teh stoopid with ur fingerprints all over it omg". Oh well, I probably won't pick one up til after christmas so I have time to contemplate the issue. I'd probably be happy with either anyway lol.

thanks again!

I went with a white one myself... it just looks sexy. Black on the other hand, if it were jet black I would get it but as it is it just doesn't look right.

I really need to find someone who will trade me their black interior =P

Or theres always trading it in if GS is still giving the $90 for it. Then it's $116 for a new black one on Buy.com, so $26 in the end. I wonder if anybody sells them used.

To be honest I have had no problem with dirt with my black DS. And as far as the fingerprints go I just wipe them away with my shirt. And if you want a color thats not white and doesnt easily show finger prints there is always pink.....

bread's done
Back