Black for XBOX at Half-Price books (20% off sale) woowoo...

STATIC3D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
OK, so I thought it was a deal...

I went to a local Half-Price book store tonight. They have a 20% off sale going. I went back in to pick up a magazine I'd seen the other day and passed up. However, someone else picked it up already...grrrr. Oh well, lemme look around and see what else is here.

I went over to their locked case of XBOX and PS2 games. Why they can't put the boxes on the shelf and the games behind the counter like they do with CD's and DVD's is beyond me. And, it doesn't help they stand the games up (where you see the spine) but the prices are on the front of the cases...SO...you have to ask someone to open the case to look at the games and see the prices.

In any case, I saw a copy of Black for the XBOX and wondered how much it was. I knew it was $17.99 at GS/EB (why it's still that high I don't know.). As the lady was unlocking the case, I noticed a 2nd copy of Black inside as well. I pulled out the first one, $9.98. Well, with 20% off, not too bad, but I'm a REAL C-A-G (lmao) and would like to see if I could find it cheaper. I pulled the 2nd copy out...BOOYA...$4.98 with 20% + the tax...just $4.31.

They also had The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction for just $4.98 as well, but I already own a copy of it (and paid $5 for it too).

I was happy with the bargian and just found it funny that I purchased a game cheaper than it would have cost me to purchase the guide book for the game at Half-Price (they typically charge $6.98 for their guides).

Today, I manged to get:

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
R-Type Final
and
Mario Golf GC

for 80 cents a piece.

They're a bit scratched, but not too bad.

bread's done
Back