Black Friday '08 Stories / Deals!

Didn't get much, but I did get two games from the Toys R Us $25 off $50 thing on their site.

Both of which have not been canceled yet!

Besides that, I got GH3 off Amazon, DS3 from Best Buy (price match) and that's it.

[quote name='eminemobied12']not bad, on days like this i wish i lived in kentucky, in Jersey all stores were filled with ppl by midnight... but I did get
360 Elite, Gears Of War 2, & the replica lancer for $340
& Infinite Undiscovery, RE4 for $30[/QUOTE]

YES. JERSEY SUCKS ON BLACK FRIDAY.

I'm good friends with Poker360 and I was telling him how the lines were so bad by midnight.

where in jersey are you from?

I bought Transformers on Blu Ray ($10) along with a Black & Decker electric scissors ($10) and some $5 DVD movie for a total of $25 last night. I think only the TF Blu-Ray was part of the BF sale, everything else was regular price.

Then I didn't buy anything until Friday noon, bought Okami for $15 and some $10 DVD. I wanted a few other things ($30 Dead Rising, $10 blue tooth headset) but I never bothered to go out...

I spent $78.93 on The Office S1 and S2, 30 Rock S1, Mad Men S1 Blu-ray, Reno 911 S1 and S2, and Sex and the City: The Movie at Amazon. The last one for the girlfriend, the rest for myself. Great deals, and didn't have to worry about leaving her parents and immersing ourselves in the chaos.

From Amazon:
Dead Space XBox 360
30 Rock s1 X 2
Rambo 1-3 blu-ray
Shaun Hill Snowboarding Wii

Newegg:
Dead Rising

Target:
Kodak digital camera X 2

XBox Live:
Assault Heroes

Gamecrazy:
Nothing, they didn't allow the B1G1 free on sale items

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com
--------------------------------------------------
ps3.gif
PS3 - Dead Space x1 - $30
ps3.gif
PS3 - Frontman Guitar x3 - $21
ps3.gif
PS3 - Heavenly Sword x2 - $40
ps3.gif
PS3 - Madden NFL 09 x1 - $30
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - Transformers x2 - $20
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - SuperNatural (Season 3) - $32
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - Kung Fu Panda x2 - $30
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - Indiana Jones x1 - $15
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - James Bond Movies x6 - $48
- Die Another Day
- Live and Let Die
- Dr. No
- For Your Eyes Only
- From Russia With Love
- Thunderball
iconbluraypng.png
Blu-ray - Mad Men (Season 1) - $17

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop (B2G1)
--------------------------------------------------
ps3.gif
PS3 - Bioshock
ps3.gif
PS3 - Need For Speed: Undercover
ps3.gif
PS3 - Resistance 2
ps3.gif
PS3 - Shaun White Snowboarding
ps3.gif
PS3 - Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
ps3.gif
PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles

Damn, this year gotten crazy for me. I can't believe I'm almost done with shopping for presents for other people. I'd have to say I've been shopping a lot more for myself.

Amazon (all for myself):
Rune Factory: Harvest Moon 2 - $14.99
PS2 2-memory cards pack - $14.99
PSP travel case - $4.99

I bought lots! I got stuff from BCBG (dresses), American Eagle (25% off plus free shipping), G by Guess (extra 50% sale off clearance), Coach (% off plus ADDITIONAL 10% off entire purchase), Burberry (whatever % sale), and Gucci (whatever they have the sale at the current time). As a girl, I hit the jackpot and very happy. I have to shop for the parents, but they're easy since they only want gift cards. :D :D :D

It helped that I'd bought all my Blu-rays and DVDs Thanskgiving afternoon at Amazon, thus sparing me the need to go to Beast Buy at 5 am to deal with those herds. Got Transformers, Trading Places, Untouchables, Rambo Trilogy, Mad Men S1 (all BD) and Supernatural S3 for about $79 before I even had dinner. Nice.

Woke up around 5:30 (after going to sleep at 4) and dragged myself to Staples to score a 640GB MyBook and 8GB USB drive. Got in line at 5:53, hit the checkout like by 6:05 and was back in the car by 6:10.

Drove to Radio Shack and was in and out of there in three minutes flat with a DualShock 3 and a Targus tripod. (More on this later.)

I could've headed back to my g/f's and gotten back into bed, but I decided to be a good boyfriend and go the ways to Office Depot to see if they had the 22" Acer monitor and it was a total pooch screw when I got there at 6:25. They only had three registers open and a line running a quarter of the way around the store waiting to check out. They didn't have any monitors to go with their lack of clues and I wasn't going to stand in that line for e 16GB key drive when they'll probably be that cheap again soon and it's not like I NEEEDED needed one. So I went home and was back in bed a mere 50 minutes after I'd left.

Getting up a bit after noon, I had breakfast and discovered that the DS3 I'd gotten from RS was opened and missing the back panel, recharging cord, etc. I was moving so fast and the clerk had pulled "the last one" off the rack for me, I hadn't noticed I'd gotten screwed. Frak!!! The hell was anyone going to have anything, so going to Wal-Mart to exploit their matching of competitors flyers was going to be the key to win. I also discovered that Amazon dropped the price of my Mad Men set by a buck and had to cancel my first order and rebuy it. Hassle.

My g/f HATES Wal-Mart - not for the anti-capitalist hippie BS reasons the sheeple parrot - and was none to happy that I was dragging her there. I don't like the place either and it was crowded with and staffed by morons, but whatever; I was there to save a buck. I checked the case and they were out of DualShock 3s, but they had the Command & Conquer 3 Deluxe Edition, so I took that to the cashier with the Beast Buy add showing it was $10. He looked at the ad and said he'd have to get a CSM to approve the override since it was so much less that the $40 price tag. I had to wait about 10 minutes for someone to show up and stick their key in the register and the line behind me was growing longer and I'm sure I wasn't very popular with them for holding up the show.

Cruising around I hit a another Radio Shack and found nada there and while checking a Gamestop for a used LittleBigPlanet to exchange my Saints Row 2 I'd gotten Wednesday for, they located one at another store and called to have it held. Yay. Rolling to Game Crazy around 6 pm, I figured there was no way they'd have any Rainbow Six Vegas 2 copies for the X360 and I was right. However, I was able to get a printed ad, so it was back to Wal-Mart to make myself a nuisance again. (My g/f is really getting unhappy about having to go to Wally World again. Twice a year is too much for her, much less twice in a few hours.)

Get back to WM and they have R6V2 and I repeat the drill of showing them the ad and having to wait for the override from the CSM. While I was waiting, I could see the stock piled up on the counter behind them and thought I spied a DS3. YES!!! It was! Whipping out my Radio Shack ad, I blew out of there with the game and controller for $40+tax. They confiscated my ads this time when they hadn't before, claiming they needed them (yeah, right) but since I got what I wanted, I didn't fight it. I'd made them sell me $130 worth of merch for $50, so they could have the ads for all I cared.

All told, I spent perhaps $220 for 6 BD movies, a BD TV set, a DVD TV set, two PC games, a X360 game, gamepad, USB drive and external HD. It was a bit of a hassle in spots but it all worked out. I've got to take back the first DS3, but oh well.

just got a few bluray movies

Amazon:
Transformers $10
Kung Fu Panda $15
Ironman $15

Fry's:
40yo Virgin $9
Knocked up $9

Total just a tad under $60

shoponkyo.com
onkyo hts-3100 refurb - $153 (i know its not all that, but its for a tiny bedroom)

amazon.com
kung fu panda blu-ray - 14.99

gamestop
b2g1 - $214
ps3 quantum of solace
ps3 cod world at war
naruto ultimate ninja storm
motorstorm
resistance 2
gears 2

gamecrazy
ps3 dualshock 3 - 29.99 (pricematched radioshack)
b2g1
360 brothers in arms - 17.99
ps3 assassins creed - 7.99
ps3 dark sector - free

only real money spent was the onkyo and kung fu panda. gamestop and gamecrazy was purchased using credit. also got my girl a dress at macy's for $50 after using $75 gift card i picked up from blockbuster.

I normally do black Friday, but but nothing was worth the hassle this year. I usually only go after DVDs like Simpsons and Family Guy sets, but this year's selection was not the greatest. The other things I need like DVDrs and Memory sticks I can can get online for the same price or only a few dollars more and I'm not that much of a cheapass to fight the crowds to save a couple dollars.

Online was where I spent loads of money. Bought lots of anime box sets this month. Last night, I got lucky as I shopped online at FYE at 3 AM and they had a 30% off coupon code off all used DVDs. They run that sale every now and then, but they had listed Star Trek Next Gen box sets that was not up the day before. So I scored two of them for about $26.00 each shipped, which is about $10 to $25 less than the going rates else where for them used. If they did not have such a lousy system to look for used items, I probably would have bought more there.

Reality's Fringe;5169724 said:
Anyone from LI? A Walmart worker was trampled and killed there.

I live very close to there and i was suppose to go with a friend of mines & his family there...but,my mom and i had to take my grandma to the hospital...he told me that it was a madhouse there from 3:30am until open time at 5am...when the doors opened...HELL BROKE LOOSE!!!

1 Wal-mart worker died...got trampled and had a heart attack
1 lady was 4 months pregnant...got trampled and her water broke and she lost her unborn baby...
Another man had got his arm stucked in the doors that the people ripped off,got his arm broked in half...

From what i heard from my friend and his family...It was a damn shame...

Wasn't a bad haul really. Picked up

Blu-Ray
Iron-Man
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

And of course I picked up a couple Bluetooth headsets for 10 bucks. So it was a nice BF for The Wife and I.

[quote name='81dollars']I live very close to there and i was suppose to go with a friend of mines & his family there...but,my mom and i had to take my grandma to the hospital...he told me that it was a madhouse there from 3:30am until open time at 5am...when the doors opened...HELL BROKE LOOSE!!!

1 Wal-mart worker died...got trampled and had a heart attack
1 lady was 4 months pregnant...got trampled and her water broke and she lost her unborn baby...
Another man had got his arm stucked in the doors that the people ripped off,got his arm broked in half...

From what i heard from my friend and his family...It was a damn shame...[/quote]

That's a bit over exaggerated. Here's the CNN story. It was bad but not as you described.

Well, if I incorporate what I got on Thanksgiving day & Black Friday here it is.

Meijer on Thanksgiving:
From Hell Blu-ray $10
Transporter 1 Blu-ray $10
Transporter 2 Blu-ray $10

Bestbuy.com on Thanksgiving:
Transformers Blu-ray $13 with shipping (will return this since I was actually able to get it on Friday)

Bestbuy on Black Friday:
Transformers Blu-ray $10

Target on Black Friday:
Dead Space Xbox 360 $30

I am happy with what I got because Dead Space is a gift to my girlfriend that loves survival horror games. Got the Blu-rays I wanted but I am pissed at Bestbuy.com for not letting me cancel my order but I will just return the second Transformers.

I stopped by Gamestop at 10:45, picked up some $3.99 UMD's:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith x2 (1 gift)
The Mask of Zorro
Fantastic 4 x2 (1 gift)
Alien
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Rock Band 2 w/Track Pack 2 for $1

With the point card that I needed, I was out of there at 10:58 (in before the buzzer). Called it a day and came home.

Then I found out about the Legendary Bundles for $29.99...but wasn't driving back in (30 minutes) for it.

TBW

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']I think I take the cake for Black Friday. Got these for $8.99/$9.99 each

IMG_1221.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get Nightmare Before Christmas for that price?

Greetings. I'm a newbie to CAG, so I'll ask your forgiveness in advance of any faux pas I might make. :)

I've been gaming for (literally) decades, but haven't done that much as of late.
After fence-sitting for too long I decided it was time to get a new console (to keep my Wii and Tivo HD company).

So, I traded in my fat PS2 and games (as part of the Game Crazy Black Friday PS2 bundle trade-up deal) to buy a new 80GB PS3; and got a free BD remote, free Fifth Element Blu-ray, and a free "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" (new) game.

I bought "The Orange Box" (new) on sale for $19.99, and then took advantage of the used B2G1 deal and got "Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction", "Soul Caliber IV", and "Super Mario Galaxy" (for my niece).

All for a grand total of $417.27 before tax.

15 minutes later, the insanity continued when I picked up a 6 foot HDMI cable for $9.99 (MSRP $27.99) at Target.

Woohoo! :D

I had a pretty great BF this year:
Orcs & Elves - DS - $5 (Meijer)
Bionicle Heroes - DS - $5 (Meijer)
Geometry Wars Galaxies - DS - $5 (Meijer)
Superman Returns - 360 - $5 (Meijer)
Assasin's Creed - 360 - $5 (Game Crazy)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - 360 - $5 (Game Crazy)
1600 MS Point Card - $15 (Target)
Total Spent: $45

I think the deals of the day for me were Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Assasin's Creed at $5. I don't know why the Point card was priced at that at Target, considering it was supposed to be the 3-Month card for $15, but I definitely didn't mind. ;)

[quote name='eminemobied12']not bad, on days like this i wish i lived in kentucky, in Jersey all stores were filled with ppl by midnight... but I did get
360 Elite, Gears Of War 2, & the replica lancer for $340
& Infinite Undiscovery, RE4 for $30[/QUOTE]

How/where did you get this deal??????????????????? :bouncy::drool:

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']got them all at Walmart. Showed the cashier the Frys ad for $8.99 and she thought it applied to all Blu-Rays[/QUOTE]

If that had been the case, I would have walked away with a bigger stack than that.

I'm pretty satisfied with my BF haul this year. : ) It's the first time in ten years I haven't had to go to work (yay for finally getting a non-retail job) AND getting holiday pay for both Thursday and Friday... so I was able to have some fun. : )

- Amazon:
Infinite Undiscovery w/Gift - $19.99
Nights for Wii - $9.99

- Target
Xbox 360 Pro Holiday Bundle w/ $60 gift card - $299

- Gamestop
Speed UMD - 3.99
Labyrinth UMD - 3.99
Starship Troopers UMD - 3.99

-JC Penny
Set of 6 bathtowels, 8 wash rags and 2 hand towels for $30
(I know, I know... but I need to furnish a new apartment :p)

Total spent:$372 (but still have my Taget $60 giftcard : )

Plus I bought the 40" Samsung 1080p hd tv from Best Buy last Sunday. ^^;

Only tried to get one thing and not even game related. 4 Handset Uniden Wireless phone system from Radio Shack as a gift for my Grandma. List Price over $100. Got it for $50. Radio Shack in our town had some really good early bird deals and one hour after opening Friday, they seemd to still have some of them all. Store was pretty busy, but they had plenty of staff and I was in and out in 10 minutes. Good experience and was back in bed by 8am. :D

Me and my grandpa headed out at 8:00 to get me some christmas gifts. We got.

Wal-Mart:
HP Printer that was like 30 bucks (last one)
PNY 8gb Flash Drive (17 dollars)

I also coulda got the last samsung camera but i didn't want it as it was ugly colored.

Radio Shack:
For Me:
Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 20 bucks

For others:
2 Garmin Nuvi 250W's 160 each
50 pack tdk dvd+r's

And we did get other stuff but not black friday deals. Not much but it was enough.

I save in advance for this, it's always worked out well for me. As for games, it's what I'll play for months. Kind of a holiday tradition, for me.

Sonic Unleashed (Xbox 360) $25.95 - Amazon.com deal of the day
The Last Remnant (Xbox 360) $29.95 - Amazon.com
Shaun White Snowboarding (Xbox 360) $29.95 - Amazon.com
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) $39.95 - Amazon.com
Call of Duty World at War (Xbox 360) $49.95 - Amazon.com
Legendary (Xbox 360) $29.95 - Amazon.com
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Xbox 360) $44.98 - Amazon.com
End War (Xbox 360) $37.99 - Bestbuy.com
Rock Revolution (Xbox 360) $14.99 - Bestbuy.com (used $15 GC)
Battle Fantasia (xbox 360) $24.99 - Toysrus.com (used a paypal $25.00 off deal)
Lost Planet Colonies (Xbox 360) $14.99 - Circuitcity.com
Armored Core For Answer (Xbox 360) $19.99 - Gamestop.com
Spiderman Web of Shadows (Xbox 360) $39.99 - Gamestop.com
Score International Baja 1000 (Xbox 360) $19.99 - Ebay
Golden Axe Beast Rider (Xbox 360) $26.00 - Ebay
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 (Xbox 360) $32.99 - Ebay
Madden 2009 (Xbox 360) $30.00 - Walmart (local)
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 (Xbox 360) $14.99 - Bestbuy.com (used $15 GC)
Kung Fu Panda (DVD) $9.00 - Walmart
Last Unicorn (DVD) $2.00 - Walmart
V for Vendetta (DVD) $2.00 - Walmart
Sanyo Xacti VPC-T700 7MP Digital Camera w/ 1GB SD Memory Card $59.00 - Walmart
2GB Micro SD card $6.98 - Amazon.com
Laptop Cooling Pad $11.99 - Amazon.com

[quote name='ITDEFX']Anyone think we are going to get another "How I fought CC" story by Billg this year?[/quote]

With any luck, hopefully NOT. His diatribe last year was both annoying and entertaining, but more of the first and less of the latter.:D

[quote name='dodgeme']
HP Printer that was like 30 bucks (last one)[/quote]

Was it a printer/scanner combo? If not, you could've bought an HP printer from Kmart for $19 on clearance and black ink carts for it for $2.50, which are also on clearance.:D

[quote name='ITDEFX']Anyone think we are going to get another "How I fought CC" story by Billg this year?[/quote]

With any luck, hopefully NOT. His diatribe last year was both annoying and entertaining, but more of the first and less of the latter.:D

360 games

SCIV - 30
DBZ burst - 15
Fable II - 40 -gift for brother
RSV2 - 10 - gift for brother
Pure - 20
Xplorer guitar - 10

dvds
Sex in City movie - $10 -gift for gf's mom
Entourage season 1 - $9
Weeds Season 1 and 2 -- $9 each - gift for GF
Batman begins - $4
Christmas Vacation - $6
Walk Hard - $6
Grinch with jim carrey - $6 gift for GF
Jeff Dunham dvd - $10 - gift for GF
Memento - $4 -gift for gf

Amazon.com

Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar Bundle (X360) -69.99
Transformers Bluray - 9.99
Kung Fu Panda Bluray -14.99

NFLshop.com (buy any item get 50% off another)
peyton manning premier jersey - 109.00
official (Duke) NFL leather game ball -List price 89.99, 50% off 44.99

2008 Black Friday Damage::

Amazon.com
:br: Iron Man (Ultimate Two-Disc Edition + BD Live): 14.99
:br: Rambo 1-3 Boxset: 17.95
:br: Shooter: 14.99
:br: Stargate (Extended Cut): 11.95
:br: The Punisher: 11.95
:br: Trading Places (Special Collector's Edition): 8.99

:dvd: Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume 3: 12.99
:dvd: Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Volume 4: 12.99
:dvd: House M.D. - Season 4: 29.99
:dvd: Psych - The Complete Season Two: 13.99
:dvd: Sealab 2021 - Season 1: 8.49
:dvd: Sealab 2021 - Season 2: 8.49
:dvd: Sealab 2021 - Season 3: 8.49
:dvd: Sealab 2021 - Season 4: 8.49
:dvd: The Office - Season One: 8.99
:dvd: The Office - Season Two: 13.99
:dvd: The Office - Season Three: 13.99

:ps2: Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection: 14.95
:ps2: Shadow Of The Colossus: 9.98

:ps3: Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway: 17.95
:ps3: Far Cry 2: 25.95
:ps3: Heavenly Sword: 19.95
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots: 39.99
:ps3: Ridge Racer 7: 9.95
:ps3: Resistance: Fall Of Man: 14.95
:ps3: The Club: 9.95

Bestbuy.com
:ps3: The Simpsons Game: 9.99

GameCrazy
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: 9.99
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2: FREE

GameStop.com
:ps2: Final Fantasy XII: 9.99

RadioShack.com
:ps3: DualShock® Wireless Controller: 29.99

Target.com
:ps3: Hei$t: 19.90
:ps3: X-Blades: 9.90
>>Hope these two actually ship. :dunce:

I think thats all I got... everything I bought online except for GameCrazy... I asked my cousin to go to a GC since there wasnt one for 50 miles from my house... lack of sleep and dedication to the F5 button made this Black Friday special... Thank you Amazon for keeping me glued to my TV till next July.

Deals skipped::
:ps3: Dead Space: 30.00
:ps2: Katamari Damacy: 4.95
:ps3: Little Big Planet: 39.95

Man I am REALLY disappointed in this years sales so far. I mean outside the live 30% cash back deal and maybe a random deal here or there the deals havnt been that greats, especially for a year when the economy is in the tank and we have been hearing time and time again how we are going to see 90% off sales. I seriously think retailers planned this all along, hype up how the sales are going to be insane this year because of the economy then charge pretty close to regular price for stuff since most people are too stupid to realize they arnt getting the 90% off they were told they were.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man I am REALLY disappointed in this years sales so far. I mean outside the live 30% cash back deal and maybe a random deal here or there the deals havnt been that greats, especially for a year when the economy is in the tank and we have been hearing time and time again how we are going to see 90% off sales. I seriously think retailers planned this all along, hype up how the sales are going to be insane this year because of the economy then charge pretty close to regular price for stuff since most people are too stupid to realize they arnt getting the 90% off they were told they were.[/quote]

Really? I thought this year was the best one yet. I saved a ton of money of stuff but, of course, I ended up spending all of those savings on crap for me. Sigh, oh well, maybe I'll save some money next year.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Did anyone get any HOT Non-electronics Bargains?[/quote]

Wait... people buy things OTHER than electronics?!?!? Well I guess if you count food items I did get some Hot Pockets 7 for $10 at Acme on Friday.

I had an epic battle of my own with that company last year after the 360 I ordered online arrived sans console. It was resolved the week before Xmas and I got a free wireless controller and Marvel/Forza game for my troubles.

I just made my last (hopefully) online purchase for the Thanksgiving weekend. I only ended up going to 2 actual stores for BF deals. The rest I got entirely online. If some prices look strange it's because I included their tax and shipping costs as well. Here's what I've got for Xmas this past month:

Pre Black Friday:

GoGamer.com
:360: Warhammer: Battle March - $11.55
:pc: Fallout Collection - $14.55

BestBuy.com
:pc:eMachines Laptop - $339.18 (for the wife)
:pc:USB mouse + Hub - $9.54

Black Friday and On:

Best Buy
:360:Turok - $16.91
:dvd:Nip/Tuck Season 4 - $16.91
:dvd:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Seasons 1 and 2 - $18.53
:dvd:Entourage Season 1 - $13.23
:dvd:24 Season 5 - $23.83
:dvd:24 Season 6 - $23.83
Insignia 7MP Digital Camera x 2 - $127.18

Circuit City
:360:Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - $21.19
:360:Guitar Hero Explorer Controller x 2 - $21.18
:wii:Game Party - $10.59
:ds:Transformers: Autobots - $10.59

Toys R Us
:ds:Naruto Ninja Destiny - $10.82
:ds:Naruto Ninja Council 3 - $10.82
:ds:Naruto Glove Kit for Nintendo DS - $8.17

Gamestop
:360:Armored Core: For Answer (NEW) - $17.19
:ds:Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2 (NEW) - $26.79
:360:Fallout 3 - $29.37
:360:Fable 2 - $29.37
:360:Saint's Row 2 - $29.37
:360:Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal - $9.62
:360:Crash of the Titans - $9.62
:360:TMNT - $9.61
:360:Medal of Honor: Airborne - $9.61
:360:Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - $9.61
:360:Kengo: Legend of the 9 - $9.61
:360:Grand Theft Auto 4 - $28.60
:360:Culdcept Saga - $17.16
:360:360 Controller - $38.15
:wii:Wii Mote Controller + Nunchck x 2 - $47.68

Hollywood Video
:360:Assassin's Creed - $5.39
:360:Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - $5.39
:360:The Darkness - $5.39

Amazon.com
:dvd:Hot Fuzz - $4.99
:pc:Warhammer Online - $10.95
:pc:Warhammer Online Time Card - $12.95
:360:Sonic Unleashed - $20.95
:360:Pure - $19.95
:wii:Okami - $14.95
:wii:Resident Evil 4 - $9.95
:wii:Ultimate Board Game Collection - $9.95
:wii:Wii Fit Balance Board Mat - $4.95
:wii:Wii Fit Rechargeable Battery Pack - $9.95
:wii:Wii Fit Balance Board Sleeve - $2.95
:ds:Personal Trainer: Cooking - $4.95

Goozex
Spent $38 on games to flip and Trade Credits and got:
:wii:Smash Bros Brawl
:wii:Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
:wii:No More Heroes

Total Listed Here: $1211.57
Total Spent on Other Xmas Stuff: ~$200.00
Total Spent on Xmas so far: $1411.57

After Xmas Purchases:
1 Bullet - $0.50
Gun Rental - $15.00 (why buy if you're only going to use it once?)

I also have to make a $39.90 return to Amazon due to Warhammer dropping the day after I purchased it. There's also more stuff I ordered for other people and stuff I ordered for myself that other people are paying for. I think I'm canceling Xmas next year. Either that or find a way to mortgage an apartment. :lol:

Some newer games like Fable have had decent sales. However no older ones really have, most games that didnt JUST come out havnt had that great of sales. I am also suspicious how much of this would have been this price even if not for Black Friday. I mean games have been dropping like $15 just a few weeks after launch for awhile now.

I spent all my HWV credit at GS during the B2G1 free sale and picked up:

:psp:
Brave Story: New Traveler - $29.99
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - $26.99
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - $26.99
Final Fantasy - $17.99
Star Ocean: First Departure - $34.99
Wild Arms XF - $17.99

:ds:
Bangai-O Spirits - $17.99
Dragon Quest IV - $34.99
Final Fantasy IV - $34.99
Front Mission - $17.99
Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ (new) - $19.99
Mazes of Fate - $17.99
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon - $17.99
Trauma Center 2 - $17.99

:ps2:
Rule of Rose - $14.99

:wii:
Mario Kart Wii (new) - $49.99

...and so I've got a deal with my wife that after today, no buying games until after Christmas. :whee: (I'm picking up my paid-for copy of Persona 4 on Wednesday and we'll see if my Target has any clearance games left)

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent some dough but actually bought a lot less DVDs than last year's BF:

Circuit City
Bioshock (X360...the very last one and not GH) - $20
War - $6
Good Luck Chuck - $6
Bee Movie - $6

Walmart
Dead Space (price match with Target) - $30

Target
Westinghouse 26" LCD TV/Monitor (plus $10 off coupon) -$289

I bought a lot of things, but these are the game-related things I bought.

PS2 Memory card 2pk 6.95
God of War 6.95
God of War: Chains of Olympus 14.95
Left 4 Dead (PC) 19.95
Guild Wars: Eye of the North 4.95

Ah the joys of internet shopping... my online take Wed-Mon:

PS3 Memory Card Adapter $2.95
The Last Remnant (X360) $29.95
Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System $14.95
Sonic Unleashed (X360) $20.95
Personal Trainer: Cooking (DS) $4.95
TAC DSK-RED Illuminated Drum Sticks - Red $2.95
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit (X360) $19.95
NBA '09 The Inside (PS3) $0.00
Nintendo DS Lite Play Stand $2.95
KORG DS-10 Synthesizer (DS) $24.95
Shaun White Snowboarding (X360) $19.95
Jasman HALO 3 Covenant Plasma Pistol Laser Pursuit Gaming 2 Players Set $19.99
Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe Collector's Edition (X360) $49.95
Brian Urlacher Chicago Bears Navy 2008 NFL Baby / Infant Jersey $29.99

Amazon Total $244.43

Roundtable Toys $78.97
Wal-Mart Step2 Action Train Table $57.21
Newegg XB360 ACC TURTLE BEACH EAR FORCE X4 $139.99
Thinkgeek $25.47
Best Buy Ninjatown (DS) $15.89
TFAW.com Nick & Dent Sale $57.85

Other Stores Subtotal $375.38

GRAND TOTAL 619.81

I also took advantage of the Gamestop 30% trade-in deal, picked up:

National Geographic Panda! (DS)
Wonder Pets Save the Animals! (DS)
Star Wars Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance (DS)

All for -$0.58 :D

Amazon.com Purchases

Windtalkers
Dude, Where's My Car?
The Sand Pebbles
The Longest Day
For Your Eyes Only - 007
Live and Let Die - 007
Die Another Day - 007
Dr. No - 007
From Russia With Love - 007
Thunderball - 007

10 BDs for $62.90

I plan on keeping the 3 Sean Connery Bond films, and selling the rest to break even. If I can end up selling the remaining 7 BDs for $62.90, then I will have gotten 3 great BDs for absolutely free! Woot!

[quote name='Shady3011']That's a bit over exaggerated. Here's the CNN story. It was bad but not as you described.[/quote]

I'm telling u what happen there...my friend was there...and his sister was 3 feet away...

My BF started on Wednesday.

Target
Wii - Boom Blox -40
PS3 - Dead Space - 60

Thanksgiving

Meijer Blu-rays(turns out there were ones not mentioned in the ad like Superbad but it was sold out :( )
Speed - 10
Hostel II - 10

Friday

Gamestop

PS3 - Rock Band 2 plus Vol 2 track pack

Walmart

PS2 - ACDC Rock Band pack(with t-shirt and no bull dvd) - 42

This was before work then after work I went to Gamestop to get disc of GOW 2 (that was not in the case I bought on Wednesday).

Back to Target for BF price adjustment. The employee tried to say they normally don't price adjust for 3 day sales?! He scanned my receipt and it adjusted.

Stopped by blockbuster grabbed

Wii - Super Mario Galaxy - 20
Wii - SST - 10
$20 PSN card for the 4.99 games.

bread's done
Back