Black Friday 2011 horror story thread

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's trampling season again! Here's a thread to post your experiences, injuries, reports of fatalities, Walmart riots, videos of fat people falling over, all that good stuff.

My horror story? Scheduled to start work that morning at 12am. Yippee fucking yay.

Last year, I actually twisted my ankle an hour into my shift. Don't think I'll get lucky like that again this year.

I'm gonna get trampled by a mix of customers hoping to score a slightly discounted iPad and customers looking for the 4S. If anyone needs me, I'll be cowering behind the bar.

[quote name='JStryke']My horror story? Scheduled to start work that morning at 12am. Yippee fucking yay.

Last year, I actually twisted my ankle an hour into my shift. Don't think I'll get lucky like that again this year.[/QUOTE]

Did you get knocked over by someone? X-(

Bummer girl.

[quote name='kodave']Whats the over/under on the number of BF related deaths?[/QUOTE]

this will easily be the ugliest bf ever. with the way the economy is and how limited the supply is on certain cheaper big ticket items its going to be very damn ugly.

[quote name='Sarang01']Did you get knocked over by someone? X-(

Bummer girl.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was getting carts, and my foot fell sideways off the sidewalk. At least I got to go home early.

I went to Fry's in Industry, California 2009 (in a time when I had a lot more money). Went with a friend, its a huge electronics store. Must have been about 10.000 people or so the line wrapped around the line 2 times. I got there at around 2 PM on thanksgiving day (we have thanksgiving lunch never dinner).

The experience was cool till around 8 PM. Someone decides to start a rumor that the store was going to open early. That started the madness. There was a stamped of people who bum rushed the door (just like a classic Zombie movie). Most people just abandoned their tents and chairs cause the crowed smashed it. At that time being still thanksgiving day the only thing open was a gas station and its the only thing in walking distance. It had looked like the place had been raided because there was literally nothing left in the store. I used the bathroom right before the dude closed it because he was getting pissed off.

So a few hours later to make more room the crowed people started to crowed surf shopping carts. The carts would just go in the back of the line and just roll into the parking lot and you would hear them smacking into the cars cause they where just being thrown out. That lasted for about an hour before all the carts where cleared (this is a heavy Asian area so those people don't give a fuck). Once the gas station shuts down people are pissing in the side of the wall and on peoples lawns cause of the houses on the other side of Fry's (its getting real dirty at this point). So a few hours before they open the lights all around the area decide to turn off. So its real dark in that area so that just adds a bit to madness.

Sure enough around 2 hours before the store opens police show up and start and start yelling at people. Thats when the crowed gets the most insane and it turns into a rock concert moshpit. A girl I had been talking to for a while get smalled into the wall and broke her arm on a support beam right in font of me. At that point my friend just takes the opportunity and cuts in line he gets towards the front but not after an hour of fighting everyone (he is a skinny dude I was to fat to get in front of the line). He ends up getting his Idop but I didn't get the laptop I wanted.

There was so much more that took place but I just don't have the energy to type it all out. I will never forget that.

[quote name='packerfan10']I went to Fry's in Industry, California 2009 (in a time when I had a lot more money). Went with a friend, its a huge electronics store. Must have been about 10.000 people or so the line wrapped around the line 2 times. I got there at around 2 PM on thanksgiving day (we have thanksgiving lunch never dinner).

The experience was cool till around 8 PM. Someone decides to start a rumor that the store was going to open early. That started the madness. There was a stamped of people who bum rushed the door (just like a classic Zombie movie). Most people just abandoned their tents and chairs cause the crowed smashed it. At that time being still thanksgiving day the only thing open was a gas station and its the only thing in walking distance. It had looked like the place had been raided because there was literally nothing left in the store. I used the bathroom right before the dude closed it because he was getting pissed off.

So a few hours later to make more room the crowed people started to crowed surf shopping carts. The carts would just go in the back of the line and just roll into the parking lot and you would hear them smacking into the cars cause they where just being thrown out. That lasted for about an hour before all the carts where cleared (this is a heavy Asian area so those people don't give a fuck). Once the gas station shuts down people are pissing in the side of the wall and on peoples lawns cause of the houses on the other side of Fry's (its getting real dirty at this point). So a few hours before they open the lights all around the area decide to turn off. So its real dark in that area so that just adds a bit to madness.

Sure enough around 2 hours before the store opens police show up and start and start yelling at people. Thats when the crowed gets the most insane and it turns into a rock concert moshpit. A girl I had been talking to for a while get smalled into the wall and broke her arm on a support beam right in font of me. At that point my friend just takes the opportunity and cuts in line he gets towards the front but not after an hour of fighting everyone (he is a skinny dude I was to fat to get in front of the line). He ends up getting his Idop but I didn't get the laptop I wanted.

There was so much more that took place but I just don't have the energy to type it all out. I will never forget that.[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro, but this is a 2011 thread...

[quote name='packerfan10']t
. That lasted for about an hour before all the carts where cleared (this is a heavy Asian area so those people don't give a fuck).
[/QUOTE]
Your story had everything; trampling, fighting, rioting, and even some thinly veiled racist comments. Awesome job!

The worst I remember was responding to call where a lady broke her leg and instead of being helped aside people just kept stepping on her leg. Another one was when someone thought it would be a good idea to bring their young kid with them, sure you save $100 off a crappy TV but is it worth having your child break their arm.

Might hit target later, don't need anything but seeing people throw televisions in their carts like bags of flour never gets old.

[quote name='silentevil']I've always been suprised that people don't get robbed sitting outside a store for days[/QUOTE]

it does but depending on the area they tend to have police or security come through every so often to look in on things.

I have been to 2 Targets and Toys R Us and the lines to check out are fucking horrible. I was saddened when I found out it would be almost a 2 hour wait to check out of Toys R Us.

I should have went out later in the morning around the time I would normally get up for work around 4:30 but the main thing I wanted probably won't be there which is fine.

[quote name='packerfan10']I went to Fry's in Industry, California 2009 (in a time when I had a lot more money). Went with a friend, its a huge electronics store. Must have been about 10.000 people or so the line wrapped around the line 2 times. I got there at around 2 PM on thanksgiving day (we have thanksgiving lunch never dinner).

There was so much more that took place but I just don't have the energy to type it all out. I will never forget that.[/QUOTE]

so everyone bum rushed the doors then all got back in line? if shit like that happened today i can see people suein the store

[quote name='YoshiFan1']

Those people are lucky the gate didn't close on them[/QUOTE]

Geez it's like an episode of the walking dead

[quote name='redfusion']Geez it's like an episode of the walking dead[/QUOTE]

except that theres more "zombies" and action in this and the stroyline is waaaaaaaaay better.

This was the first time I was out for an early doors sale (5 am KMart...getting MGS HD Collection for 360). It was actually quite civil and I was 2nd in line, only waiting about an hour outside. The only horror part was a strange woman in her late 40s/early 50s who kept referring to the young employees as "noobs" and talking about "using the Jedi Mind Trick" on cashiers and would not shut the fuck up. Then when 5am rolled around and the doors weren't opened that very second, she started hammering on the goddamn doorbell relentlessly...which must have seemed like it was me since I was the one standing next to it. I'm sure that nerdy old bitch had lots of important things to do like sudoku puzzles or watch her Monty Python DVDs, so there was no time to waste I guess.

Work actually went by relatively smooth for me all things considered, but the one guy I work with got a text from his daughter that apparently a fight broke out at the Wal-Mart down the road. Don't know any details though.

An update on that LA Times story:

As shoppers converged on retailers around the country looking for Black Friday deals, authorities reported scattered problems.
In Porter Ranch, a woman pepper sprayed customers at a Wal-Mart in what authorities say was a deliberate attempt to get more "door buster" merchandise. In San Leandro, a Wal-Mart shopper walking to his car was shot and wounded in a suspected robbery early Friday.
Another shooting was reported at a parking lot next to a Wal-Mart in South Carolina, also a suspected robbery attempt. Officials told WMBF-TV they believe the robbery was tied to Black Friday.
At Porter Ranch, 20 customers, including children, were hurt in the 10:10 p.m. incident, officials said. Shoppers complained of minor skin and eye irritation and sore throats.
"This was customer-versus-customer 'shopping rage,'" said Los Angeles Police Lt. Abel Parga.
The woman used the spray in more than one area of the Wal-Mart "to gain preferred access to a variety of locations in the store," said Los Angeles Fire Capt. James Carson.
"She was competitive shopping," he said.
Police are searching for the woman but said they've had trouble getting a clear description of her.
Black Friday sales began at the Wal-Mart at 10 p.m. and featured sales on toys, including $5 Bratz dolls, $10 Wii video games and $29 tricycles.
Witness Matthew Lopez described a chaotic scene in the San Fernando Valley store among shoppers looking for video games soon after the sale began.
"I heard screaming and I heard yelling," said Lopez, 18. "Moments later, my throat stung. I was coughing really bad and watering up."
Lopez said customers were already in the store when a whistle signaled the start of the Black Friday sale at 10 p.m., sending shoppers hurtling in search of deeply discounted items.
Lopez said that by the time he arrived at the video games, the display had been torn down. Employees attempted to hold back the scrum of shoppers and pick up merchandise even as customers trampled the video games and DVDs strewn on the floor.
"It was absolutely crazy," he said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...marred-by-shootings-pepper-spray-attack-.html

That makes sense. Just wait for someone to get a doorbuster you want, then shoot them for it.

Its absurd they couldn't locate the pepper spray woman. I'm sure WalMart only has 100 security cameras around the store.

I love how all these "experts" on CNBC are complaining that the deals where to good this year and that it's going to hurt there bottom. :roll:

Anyways I got that Dyneix TV 24 inch at best buy yesterday. I got there later then last year and still was about the same spot in line (I got there around 4:30 and I thought I was going to be in a line around the building). Also went to Target right after got that 4 gig Xbox. Everything worked out well.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAeqjOZpp7k

Those people are lucky the gate didn't close on them[/QUOTE]

Haha that was here in Puerto Rico! BestBuy opened @12am and those pigs where waiting for the sales! there are lots of videos at www.endi.com I went ar 4am to SonyStyle Store but the mall opened at 5am,I went for the 200$ ps3 bundle.The line was huge so I went to Gamestop on the same mall and waited there when
@5am the store opened I was like the 30th customer and got it.Afterwards I went to Oldnavy and picked up 3 pairs of jeans @15$ a piece and got home at 7am.The ps3 was for me,but all my kids were already awake ! At 9am I set it up, and since then it has been on; early christmas for my kids!....and still no sleep cause Im taking care of them , wife is out!
www.elnuevodia.com/videos-negocios-empujonesentoysrusdemayaguez-1294279106001.html

Last edited by a moderator:
No horror stories here.

I went to Wal-Mart around 5AM and it was almost completey empty. I walked over to the DVD/Blu-ray displays and grabbed what I wanted and then I went and checked out. Total time in store: 15 minutes. Luckily I did most of my shopping on Amazon so there wasn't anything I was really looking for anyway.

i hope they can find camera footage of the pepper spray shopper that has got to be crazy to see. she checks out what people have that she wants, sprays them and then checks the item off of her xmas shopping list.

One of the WM's in Austin got shut down completely because some lady said she couldnt find her daughter. They cleared everyone out except the employees and cops. They never found the kid. Turns out the f'n twat left her daughter at a store they were at earlier.

Saw the video of the old man that got jacked up by cops in AZ. Story was he had his basket with his grandson and shit started to hit the fan and his grandson was super close if not already being trampled and grandpa stuck the game he had in his pants half way sticking out to make a grab for his grandson so he wouldnt get worked over and cops grabbed him and slammed him to the ground. Vid on youtube showing the aftermath where the old man was out cold and a pool of blood under his head. Alot of people were giving the cops shit for the way they handled it.

[quote name='Will']One of the WM's in Austin got shut down completely because some lady said she couldnt find her daughter. They cleared everyone out except the employees and cops. They never found the kid. Turns out the f'n twat left her daughter at a store they were at earlier.

Saw the video of the old man that got jacked up by cops in AZ. Story was he had his basket with his grandson and shit started to hit the fan and his grandson was super close if not already being trampled and grandpa stuck the game he had in his pants half way sticking out to make a grab for his grandson so he wouldnt get worked over and cops grabbed him and slammed him to the ground. Vid on youtube showing the aftermath where the old man was out cold and a pool of blood under his head. Alot of people were giving the cops shit for the way they handled it.[/QUOTE]

Police training has gone to shit in America. Too many ill-trained roided up cops disgracing the profession for the ones who actually know how to do their jobs.

[quote name='slidecage']i got a paper cut pulling 5 bucks out of my pocket :)

why didnt that make the new[/QUOTE]

Because youre slidecage.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/11/25/black-friday-shooting-sparks-safety-reminder/

Safety reminder? Really... ?

[quote name='Will']One of the WM's in Austin got shut down completely because some lady said she couldnt find her daughter. They cleared everyone out except the employees and cops. They never found the kid. Turns out the f'n twat left her daughter at a store they were at earlier.

Saw the video of the old man that got jacked up by cops in AZ. Story was he had his basket with his grandson and shit started to hit the fan and his grandson was super close if not already being trampled and grandpa stuck the game he had in his pants half way sticking out to make a grab for his grandson so he wouldnt get worked over and cops grabbed him and slammed him to the ground. Vid on youtube showing the aftermath where the old man was out cold and a pool of blood under his head. Alot of people were giving the cops shit for the way they handled it.[/QUOTE]

Both of these are hilarious.

Apparently the pepper spray woman turned herself into the police. They're still interviewing witnesses and the people who got maced, so they apparently weren't ready to charge her yet, so she was able to walk out of the station. At least they know who she is and have her contact info when it comes time to arrest her. Seems like the cops were taking their time with this one and didn't expect her to just waltz into a station.

I didn't go anywhere this year. I bought a few DVD's on Amazon & that's it. Nothing I really wanted and to just browse with all those crowds, didn't really make sense to me.

[quote name='Will']
Story was he had his basket with his grandson and shit started to hit the fan and his grandson was super close if not already being trampled and grandpa stuck the game he had in his pants half way sticking out to make a grab for his grandson so he wouldnt get worked over and cops grabbed him and slammed him to the ground.[/QUOTE]
he should have
1. not take his grandson to bf
2.should have drop the games in the floor
3.next time shop online

bread's done
Back