Black Friday a week away

yohsh

CAGiversary!
So I was messing around on the computer when I realized that black friday is only a week away. This is gonna be my second black friday. Last year I wasnt able to get anything good but this year im looking at that compaq laptop at circuit city. (if I dont get one. Probably will get an Asus eeepc)

So my question to all the Cags who read this thread is: what are you guys/gals gonna camp out for? Is anyone gonna stand in line on thursday? Or are you gonna just come at 10:30 and see whats left?

I certainly don't have any products in mind to purchase for myself. I already bought an LCD tv, have a 360, tons of games, etc. However, I'm going to start looking through the ads better to see if there are any things that would make good gifts.

This bull crap is like any other hyped release date. I'm not dealing with these idiots period no matter how good the deal. It's not worth it.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm working on black friday. and yes I'm expecting it to suck epic proportions.[/QUOTE]

I used to work at Wal-Mart and Black Fridays were the best. It's so fun to watch everyone go crazy about nothing. Everyone in the store goes to the front to watch everyone run in the store... good show.

I bought a Dell PC yesterday for $545 (with an extra $100 dell gift card, so its like $445). It includes a 24" monitor which is like $400 alone, so its a pretty good deal. Its a better deal then all the other PC deals for black friday.

I think the best deals this Black Friday will be online (including the $80 Wii on Amazon.com for those which are lucky enough to get it).

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm working on black friday. and yes I'm expecting it to suck epic proportions.[/QUOTE]

Working here too , although I work in a Supermarket , it's usually pretty slow for us since everyone else is out beating themselves up for the BF deals.

I've never actually gone shopping on Black Friday , but from the stories I've heard I don't think I'm really missing all that much.

Nothing noteworthy this year for me... I'll probably head to FYE for the BOGO Free deal on the TV box sets. Best Buy doesn't have Futurama or Simpsons on sale, so it's there.

Heading over to the big Palisades mall at around midnight to camp out at Best Buy and Target. Will be my first Black Friday so I'm not sure what to expect...

Planning on bringing Tylenol and lots of caffinated beverages to help cope with the onslaught.

Maybe the poor BF deals will keep the crowds to a manageable level compared to the ones from earlier years but thats just wishfull thinking.

I dont think we really have black friday in Canada and if we did I think the deals would probably be crap anyways

[quote name='crystalklear64']Nothing worth going for this year IMO.[/quote]

Ditto. I've only dealt with the BF crowds maybe TWICE in my lifetime and unless there's some monumentally Earth shattering deal(like a PS3 with full BC for $199), then I'd rather sleep and get out later in the day to scrape up the leftovers.

I'm going to Circuit City in the morning... there are a bunch of good DVD deals there. I'm waiting for the EBGames to show up, I might stop there too.

After looking at the ads for this year... it doesn't look like its worth staying in line for hours for anything video game related. There is some software I want, but to be honest, most of these games (like bioshock), I can't even play at full res and enjoy them because my machine is so slow!

The only thing I would like to get is that GPS from bb for 99 dollars because my brother wants it.

[quote name='magiic']I dont think we really have black friday in Canada and if we did I think the deals would probably be crap anyways[/quote]

Sorry if this is naive, but is there even a Canadian Thanksgiving to precede a Black Friday?

Oh, and how many people are going to try pre-buying and doing the later price adjustments? Would that even work?

I am hoping to pick up most stuff online at midnight on Black Friday. The dvd and video game deals are usually available on the website. Then I will go in the afternoon on Black Friday to try to pick up whats left.

Orange Box and Bioshock for $25 on PC at BB are quite good. Bought Orange Box yesterday to PM next Saturday.

[quote name='people']Orange Box and Bioshock for $25 on PC at BB are quite good. Bought Orange Box yesterday to PM next Saturday.[/quote]

no price matching for black friday... or else everyone don't need to sleep overnight

Games and DVD's youll probably be able to go a 10:30 and pick em up easy. Unless its 4.99 or ends in a z. Im still contemplating whether or not I should stand in line for that $300 laptop (after rebate. minus 8.25% tax.)

bread's done
Back