Black Friday HDTV deals thread

freshzen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I figured I'd make a topic where all BF HDTV deals can be shared and discussed.

I'll start by posting some of the more appealing deals that have been posted so far.

Best Buy:
Samsung (LN40B500P3FXZA) [40" 1080p 60Hz LCD) $597
Sony (KDL-32L504) [32" 720p 60Hz LCD] $377

New Egg:
Sharp (LC-46SB57U) [46" 1080p 120Hz LCD] $699

Sears:
Panasonic (TC-P42S1) [42" 1080p Plasma] $649
Samsung (LN40B500) [40" 60Hz 1080p LCD] $599
Samsung (PN50B430)) [50" 720p Plasma] $699
Sharp (LC19SB27UT) [19" 720p LCD] $179
Vizio (VO320E) [32" 720p LCD] $349

Target:
Apex (LD4088) [40" 1080p LCD] $449
Westinghouse [32" 720p LCD] $249

Wal-Mart:
Emerson (PL-P42W-10A) [42" 720 plasma] $448
Sansui (HDLCD1909) [19" 720p LCD] $128
Samsung (LN40B500) [40" 60Hz 1080p LCD] $599

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SOLDIER']Question: When upgrading TVs, what is usually the best way to sell off old TVs?

My current TV is a Samsung '45 1080p, shown here: http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-lns4095d.html

When I purchased it 3 years ago it was for $1500. Now I'm seeing current TVs going for the same price, but are more advanced and also larger.

Is that Sony Bravia a huge trade-up from the Samsung I posted? I'm somewhat tempted, especially if I could bump off $300 or so by selling the PS3 (is it boxed?).

Or should I wait it out until LEDs become cheaper?[/QUOTE]

That TV you have actually seems pretty good. I assume the Bravias you're talking about are the ones from the Sony Style deal? For one thing I doubt you'll get more than $250 for the PS3 and although it probably would be an upgrade I doubt it would be worth it. You might be better off upgrading to LED instead of LCD.

[quote name='Byasama']Has anyone seen any deals for a little LCD TV, like 19" or so? My grandma wants one for her kitchen, but I haven't found any under $200.[/QUOTE]

Walmart with an uppercut. (Don't even bother withe $150 garbage-labeled-dynex at best buy)

[quote name='freshzen']That TV you have actually seems pretty good. I assume the Bravias you're talking about are the ones from the Sony Style deal? For one thing I doubt you'll get more than $250 for the PS3 and although it probably would be an upgrade I doubt it would be worth it. You might be better off upgrading to LED instead of LCD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was thinking of LEDs too. I just worry somewhat that the value of my TV will continue to decrease the more I wait, but there's no point upgrading now if the difference is minimal.

I am wondering when would be theoretically the right time to trade up for an LED, both in performance and price.

[quote name='Chambered']It appears that the SonyStyle website is now giving you a choice which TV you'd like bundled with the PS3:

Note: for the same prices, you can also request a Bluray player in place of the PS3.
The TVs are all the same model, but different sizes. This model of TV is well rated on both CNET and Amazon.
The bundled Playstation 3 is the 120GB model.

KDL-**V5100
55" - $1,799 ($800 off)
52" - $1,499 ($800 off)
46" - $999 ($900 off)
40" - $879 ($620 off)

So they do have one offering at a reasonably lower price point. I'm debating between the 40" and the 46". I mean, even if you have (or don't care for) a PS3, you can resell it at new for about $300, which would make any of those deals even more outstanding.[/QUOTE]

You think any of the local retailers would match that deal on the 40"/PS3

Ruahrc I want the LG 47SL90 now too! So far the cheapest I have found it is @ Newegg.com. Brand new for $1550 after current 2% bing cash back w/ free s+h.

So I'm between the Sharp 42inch being offered at Dell.com or one of the displays offered at Walmart.com. I want something either 40 or 42, but my range is right at $600. Would one of those Samsung 40inch displays be better than the sharp? Or even one of the Sony sets?

thanks in advance.

[quote name='driftmr2']Ruahrc I want the LG 47SL90 now too! So far the cheapest I have found it is @ Newegg.com. Brand new for $1550 after current 2% bing cash back w/ free s+h.[/QUOTE]

It's an attractive TV isn't it? My only concern is the glass screen- if it is significantly more reflective than the glossy finish you find on other LCDs like Samsung.

BTW, I heard newegg was going to have 10% cashback on all purchases for a certain period right around BF, might make me bite as it drops it down to about $1300.
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/11/23/black-friday-deals.aspx

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']It's an attractive TV isn't it? My only concern is the glass screen- if it is significantly more reflective than the glossy finish you find on other LCDs like Samsung.

BTW, I heard newegg was going to have 10% cashback on all purchases for a certain period right around BF, might make me bite as it drops it down to about $1300.
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/11/23/black-friday-deals.aspx

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

it will depend on the anti-glare coating. if you have a very bright room or direct light it will be a problem regardless of the coating. i dont imagine it will be different than the high gloss screens on certain lcd's

I am planning on getting a Viore 32'' online from Wal-mart on Black Friday, I have heard that the Bing cashback will be 10%+, and if I pay it through Paypal I also get $10 back. So I am looking at getting it for about 250 or less with shipping...I feel like it is worth getting the no-name for $100 less or 33% less than the name brands...or is that a mistake?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll say this again, as I said this in the VGD BF thread.

Keep an eye out for online retailers like Amazon.com, NewEgg.com, JR.com, 6ave.com and OneCall.com for good deals. My two TV BF purchases from BF 2006 and BF 2008 were online deals that were much better than any B&M deal.

I'd suggest posting all the TV deals, as if you're not interested in a $1K+ TV, someone else might be.[/QUOTE]

Which did site did you have the most luck with? I'd love to do the shopping at Amazon (No tax plus Prime) but if one of those sites does tremendous discounts I'll make that the place to refresh.

[quote name='driftmr2']Ruahrc, how are you getting $1300 for the tv? Wouldn't 10% only be $158 off?[/QUOTE]

Dizaam! Time to go back to 2nd grade to learn math again. Yeah it's 1400 (plus or minus) after the 10% off. Here's hoping this model gets some other deals.

Ruahrc

How long does it take for Newegg to send a confirmation email and update your account as far as order history? I made the transaction, but I didn't receive an email and my account still says no order exists.

I think I'm just nervous. -_-

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Which did site did you have the most luck with? I'd love to do the shopping at Amazon (No tax plus Prime) but if one of those sites does tremendous discounts I'll make that the place to refresh.[/QUOTE]Amazon was where I picked up my TV last BF, as they had the cheapest price between all of them, plus I opened up an Amazon.com VISA and made 6% back on the TV on the purchase. Also, it was shipped for free.

Within 30 days after the purchase, they ended up matching a later deal they had and I ended up with a free Sony BDP-S550 BR player. :D

JR.com was my BF 2006 TV purchase.

NewEgg.com can have some nice prices if you get lucky, though 6ave.com and OneCall.com are always trying to out-do one another.

I just got my fingers crossed that I can still grab either that 50 inch plasma 1080p Samsung or Panasonic for 897 or 1000 respectively. either or though I would rather the Samsung. I just hope im not the only jerk at best buy trying to get that tv when I could have gotten it earlier during the week for the same price had the wife not screwed me up.

I take it then that 6ave and onecall are both reputable dealers then? I have not heard of either beyond the fact that onecall is selling the 47sl90 through amazon (although at a high price)

Ruahrc

How exactly do we get Bing cashback with Newegg? I have a Bing cashback account and ordered some stuff before, but I never got any cashback on eligible purchases.

I was also one of the many that was planning to get one of these T.V's from best buy, target and walmart, and I had my eye specifically on the 32'' Emerson from walmart. Its better than the one that target has which is the 32" Westinghouse, and from a recent survey, Emerson is number 2 in the top 50 rising Electronic companies, with GE being number one, and Panasonic being number 3.
However, just the other day which was 2 days ago, Crutchfield had a 32" Samsung Flat Screen LCD which is 3 series that had so many good reviews about it and its the 2009 model, and the Price, wow... the price was $345.95 - $20 cupon code, it came out to be $325!!! I bit it off right there!
I received the t.v yesterday and it looks amazing!!!! I couldnt be happier than this its trully is fantastic looking t.v. and the whole thing is that this t.v retailes for 450-500 dollars almost every where.
That was my best black friday purchase ever!
To the people who didnt manage to get this deal, I personally would take the 32" Emerson if you would ask my advice.

^^^exact same boat as you except I missed that deal. However slickdeals posted this: (add 20% bing CB)

Electronics, Software & Accessories

Samsung LN32B360 32" 720p LCD HDTV
QTY: 1 $547.99 Estimated Delivery Date
Sub Total $547.99
Total Discounts -$170.00
Sub Total $377.99
Shipping & Handling $30.99
Shipping Discount -$30.99
Tax (5.5%) $20.79
State Environmental Fee
More Info --
Total $398.78

works out to about $333 after bing

I don't trust that 32" Westinghouse deal. I love the price, but there's a catch there somewhere. I'm assuming that's one of the products that are heavily advertised, but few in stock, where the main goal is to have a ton of people show up for it, not get it, but settle for something else while they're there.

I'm just gonna stick to Amazon, because they had ENORMOUSLY better deals than brick & mortar last year, and you know what's available and what's not on there.

[quote name='sippycupz']I don't trust that 32" Westinghouse deal. I love the price, but there's a catch there somewhere. I'm assuming that's one of the products that are heavily advertised, but few in stock, where the main goal is to have a ton of people show up for it, not get it, but settle for something else while they're there.

I'm just gonna stick to Amazon, because they had ENORMOUSLY better deals than brick & mortar last year, and you know what's available and what's not on there.[/QUOTE]
one of my brothers was talking to a best buy employee who told him they only had 5 of most of the big items. specifically the tvs. there were two tents set up outside with campers already and this was yesterday (wednesday) afternoon.

[quote name='asanka77']Happy Thanks giving

I found another great deal here

[lame spammed website][/QUOTE]

thanks for the spam, douchebag! I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if your site actually sold tvs...

reported for the banhammer.

[quote name='sippycupz']I don't trust that 32" Westinghouse deal. I love the price, but there's a catch there somewhere. I'm assuming that's one of the products that are heavily advertised, but few in stock, where the main goal is to have a ton of people show up for it, not get it, but settle for something else while they're there.

I'm just gonna stick to Amazon, because they had ENORMOUSLY better deals than brick & mortar last year, and you know what's available and what's not on there.[/QUOTE]

Figure I'll throw this out there. I got the 32" Westinghouse from a few years ago and they had a ton of them. I think I got the last ticket for it and it was #21.

It really depends on how much business that store does in your area. My friend works for Target and sent me a pic of all the Westinghouse TVs that they had in stock. 108 total. .. and this is in Oklahoma. They had 132 of the Apex that was on sale as well.

I was able to snag a LG 42" 40 series tv for 598 at amazon.com. The tv itself is decent with 1080p at 120hz. Most other places have it listed at $811 and I was able to find it on amazon through sheer luck. Currently amazon itself is sold out and one of it's other stores is selling it for $811. I am sure that amazon will restock the tv soon enough but if you see it get it quickly as amazon sold out within 40 minutes.

I am still excited that I was able to snag it at that price. I was planning to settle for the 37" model at a price of $714, so finding the 42" model at $598 was a great coup.

Keep your eye out for this deal!

http://www.amazon.com/LG-42LH40-42-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259281026&sr=1-1

sorry about the link I typed this out on my iPhone so I am not sure if it would work and I did not risk loosing the post.

[quote name='shadowkast']^^^exact same boat as you except I missed that deal. However slickdeals posted this: (add 20% bing CB)

Electronics, Software & Accessories

Samsung LN32B360 32" 720p LCD HDTV
QTY: 1 $547.99 Estimated Delivery Date
Sub Total $547.99
Total Discounts -$170.00
Sub Total $377.99
Shipping & Handling $30.99
Shipping Discount -$30.99
Tax (5.5%) $20.79
State Environmental Fee
More Info --
Total $398.78

works out to about $333 after bing[/QUOTE]

If what you pay at the end of the day is $333 for this Samsung T.V, Get it!! Since I am not familiar with bing really that much, and if it involves rebates and what not, i say skip it, and get the 32" inch Emerson from Walmart. Thats the cheapest and the best Deal for a 32" inch This year!
About this Saumsing,Like one of the other people said some where else about this t.v, if you compare this 720P Samsung to a 1080P Samsung, you practically wont see a difference!!! It looks amazing, especially if you have HDMI Cables!

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']seems like a great price. Don't forget to use bing if you get it through walmart.com got 30 bucks back on my vizio doing that. definitely helps with tax.[/QUOTE]

Definetly Skip! Newegg Had 37Inch Spectre I think it was either 1080p or 720p, I think it was 1080P and it was $379 with free shipping, but the reviews werent that good.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']How is $325 Shipped is close to $400? Thats $75 dollars of savings.
And this 32" inch Samunsg looks as good as 1080P T.V![/QUOTE]

The link on best buy was for 370 + tax and idk if that included shipping.

i bought that 32lf11 its a very nice display. i only hooked it up to test it before i boxed it up for xmas. but, its very nice.
1080p is nearly worthless at that size unless its being used for a pc monitor.

I'm looking for HDTV .For a computer monitor to be used for editing, as well as games.

I've come to the conclusion that I can spend around $600-700 bucks.

40inch 1080p
Sony Bravia 40" Class 1080p LCD HDTV, KDL-40S504

or

Samsung 40'' Class 60Hz 1080p LCD HDTV, LN40B500

I'm open to other choices, but these 2 seem to be the best tvs that can be bought for about 600-700 for BF. As far as I can find, it's not easy looking up HDTVs since there seems to be a million different models from every company.

Thanks for any and all comments, help.

I am still refreshing that LG 42" on Amazon (still no luck); what do you guys think of...
Samsung 40" 120hz LN40630 for $799.99
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN40B...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259304473&sr=1-1
you think this deal would still be available on Monday (if so I might wanna wait for something better to come along).

$800 is the maximum I am willing to spend on a tv this year (luckily amazon doesn't charge tax nor shipping ^^)

[quote name='dcm1602']The link on best buy was for 370 + tax and idk if that included shipping.[/QUOTE]

I said I bought it for $325 dollars from Crutchfield with free shipping and no tax!!! $325 in total!
your T.V Comes out to be $410, a good price but thats almost 100 dollars more, and like alot of people said, you dont need 1080p when playing video games, 720 is more than enough.

bread's done
Back