Black Friday HDTV deals thread

freshzen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I figured I'd make a topic where all BF HDTV deals can be shared and discussed.

I'll start by posting some of the more appealing deals that have been posted so far.

Best Buy:
Samsung (LN40B500P3FXZA) [40" 1080p 60Hz LCD) $597
Sony (KDL-32L504) [32" 720p 60Hz LCD] $377

New Egg:
Sharp (LC-46SB57U) [46" 1080p 120Hz LCD] $699

Sears:
Panasonic (TC-P42S1) [42" 1080p Plasma] $649
Samsung (LN40B500) [40" 60Hz 1080p LCD] $599
Samsung (PN50B430)) [50" 720p Plasma] $699
Sharp (LC19SB27UT) [19" 720p LCD] $179
Vizio (VO320E) [32" 720p LCD] $349

Target:
Apex (LD4088) [40" 1080p LCD] $449
Westinghouse [32" 720p LCD] $249

Wal-Mart:
Emerson (PL-P42W-10A) [42" 720 plasma] $448
Sansui (HDLCD1909) [19" 720p LCD] $128
Samsung (LN40B500) [40" 60Hz 1080p LCD] $599

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rmb']I think Dell with 20% bing cashback is one of the best deals. Just search for what size you need.[/QUOTE]

That 20% cash back is nice but sales tax and 60 day turnaround kinda brings it down a bit; plus I'm looking for 120hz (people say there aren't real noticeable difference between 60hz and 120hz, i've seen both in action I definitely prefer 120hz) with high contrast ratio. I'm prolly gonna wait and see whats Amazon lightning deal is for Friday at 6am ( http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_lin...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=501351531&pf_rd_i=1266092011 ) and then decide.

I tried as well...tried to claim it as soon as it came up, it said waiting in line then it finished loading and it was sold out. I can't believe it.

My sister went to Target early this morning and picked up the Doorbuster Apex 40" 1080p LCD TV for $449. I have no idea what model number it is since she took it to her new house, but in general, how are Apex HDTVs?

I told her I didn't think they were that good so she'll probably end up returning it. She is looking for an entry-level 32" - 40" LCD HDTV under $600. From what I hear you get what you pay for in terms of HDTVs so I suggest she get a good brand such as Samsung or LG since those are more in her price range. Here is what I narrowed it down to:

LG 32" 16:9 1080p LCD HDTV 32LF11 on Newegg for $399
Samsung 32" LCD 720p HDTV LN32B360 at Walmart (Saturday only) for $398
Samsung 40" LCD 1080p HDTV LN40B500 at Walmart (Saturday only) for $598

The LG got better overall ratings than the Samsung HDTVs so I'm/she's leaning towards that.

Is 1080p noticeably better at 32" or 40" or is that only for larger HDTVs? I know 1080p is generally preferable but if it won't make a big difference at that size then I'll recommend the usually cheaper 720p models.

Admittedly I'm no TV expert but I don't want her to buy a bad HDTV that isn't going to last her a good while.

Also, should she get an extended warranty (if available)? I tend to on more expensive items so I told her yes, but again, I'm unsure.

Alright fellas, I need your help on making a choice here. I'm stuck between 4 different televisions. The TV will be going in my bedroom, and I'll usually be pretty close to it, sometimes up to 1-2 feet away. I'll be using it to watch satandard def tv, high def tv, DVDs, Blu-Ray, and gaming.

1. Vizio VO370M
2. Vizio VA370M
3. LG 42PQ10
4. LG 32LF11

Someone mind pushing me in a certain direction? Thanks.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Alright fellas, I need your help on making a choice here. I'm stuck between 4 different televisions. The TV will be going in my bedroom, and I'll usually be pretty close to it, sometimes up to 1-2 feet away. I'll be using it to watch satandard def tv, high def tv, DVDs, Blu-Ray, and gaming.

1. Vizio VO370M
2. Vizio VA370M
3. LG 42PQ10
4. LG 32LF11

Someone mind pushing me in a certain direction? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

a foot away? yikes thats pretty close

id go with the lg f11 as a first choice.
then the va370m.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll say this again, as I said this in the VGD BF thread.

Keep an eye out for online retailers like Amazon.com, NewEgg.com, JR.com, 6ave.com and OneCall.com for good deals. My two TV BF purchases from BF 2006 and BF 2008 were online deals that were much better than any B&M deal.

I'd suggest posting all the TV deals, as if you're not interested in a $1K+ TV, someone else might be.[/QUOTE]

I listened to this man, and got a 32" Toshiba for 280 after Cashback from Newegg. HOORAYJESUS

[quote name='paz9x']a foot away? yikes thats pretty close

id go with the lg f11 as a first choice.
then the va370m.[/QUOTE]I was actually getting ready to pull the trigger on LG F11 a few seconds ago. Then I checked the site and saw that it was sold out. :cry:

I just hope that it comes back in stock sometime this weekend. Got any other recommendation if it doesn't become available again?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I was actually getting ready to pull the trigger on LG F11 a few seconds ago. Then I checked the site and saw that it was sold out. :cry:

I just hope that it comes back in stock sometime this weekend. Got any other recommendation if it doesn't become available again?[/QUOTE]
theres so much going on deal wise its hard to keep track. if i see anything ill try and post back here.

Man the 47sl90 at newegg is up to like $1900! I was just about ready to order it at the old price of 1600 and now it's up 300. Sucks. I really don't think it will go much below 1600 given the MSRP is around 2300.

Guess I'm gonna have to keep waiting on this one. I still sometimes think of just getting a crappier ccfl tv but think in the end I won't truly be happy with it and would just rather spend the money on a tv I really want.

it seems like i have been looking at tvs all day yesterday online and in costco, the ones at newegg sold out before i could buy, the gold box amazon deals get bought within seconds. i may just go get one from costco.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Man the 47sl90 at newegg is up to like $1900! I was just about ready to order it at the old price of 1600 and now it's up 300. Sucks. I really don't think it will go much below 1600 given the MSRP is around 2300.

Guess I'm gonna have to keep waiting on this one. I still sometimes think of just getting a crappier ccfl tv but think in the end I won't truly be happy with it and would just rather spend the money on a tv I really want.[/QUOTE]

definitely get what you want. especially if you going to spend a decent amount, theres no sense getting discouraged and settling for something youre not truly happy with.

at that price point

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-KRP-5...TF8&s=electronics&qid=1259418295&sr=8-1-spell

[quote name='redline']Anyone looking for a 50" bargain should check out the Panasonic TC-P50X1 for $699 shipped free with coupon code AFL5 at 6ave.com:

http://www.6ave.com/shop/Product.aspx?sku=PANTCP50X1

I think today is probably the last day since it was a 3-day deal.[/QUOTE]I got this television for my parents yesterday. Although I've yet to get one for myself. Last few days have been pretty frustrating, since I've watched tv after tv that I want be sold out before I can get to it.

What do you guys think of this tv?

I've been looking at that same sharp. I too, though, have heard sharps aren't the best. I'm gonna wait and hope to find a good deal on a samsung for around the same price with similar specs.

Yea, I may eventually cave though. I doubt I'll find a samsung with those specs for $700. Trying to stay positive though. lol

[quote name='shorj998']Yea, I may eventually cave though. I doubt I'll find a samsung with those specs for $700. Trying to stay positive though. lol[/QUOTE]

have you seen any of them? specs cant convey how a display will look. color reproduction is a huge part of total quality of picture and you wont see that on a spec sheet.

sharps lower end displays are supposedly not too hot, i dont have personal experience to say.
all manufacturers have lower displays (some lower than others) sony, samsung, lg, panasonic, all of them.

id go to a tv store and just spend time looking at displays, take notes of what you like and why you like it.
rank them. compare that to what you find on sale.
people are ridiculous about displays, tiny imperfections get blown out of perspective. things most viewers couldnt and wouldnt ever notice are made into deal breakers.

[quote name='paz9x']
id go to a tv store and just spend time looking at displays, take notes of what you like and why you like it.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that when say you go to 3 different frys and look at the same tvs and they lookn totally different?

[quote name='VipFREAK']How do you do that when say you go to 3 different frys and look at the same tvs and they lookn totally different?[/QUOTE]

you adjust them.

That won't help the source they use... ? You'll still see blocks and it won't be performing as well as it could because of it. Also, I don't know where you go, but If I'd adjust it then I'll probably get hounded the whole time. It's too bad you can't say bring in your ps3 with a blu ray in it and test it that way.

[quote name='VipFREAK']That won't help the source they use... ? You'll still see blocks and it won't be performing as well as it could because of it. Also, I don't know where you go, but If I'd adjust it then I'll probably get hounded the whole time. It's too bad you can't say bring in your ps3 with a blu ray in it and test it that way.[/QUOTE]

no of course it wont help the source. and some places will let you bring in equipent to test, some will have equipment on hand for you, call and ask. i doubt frys would, but a tv store sure might.

i adjust tvs all the time at frys. tell them to leave you alone if you dont want to be bothered or find a new place to shop if that doesnt suit you.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...422771&skuId=9222637&st=sony bravia&cp=1&lp=7

i got this one from best buy today for 375, its only 26 inches but looks fantastic. the 32 inch was the lightning deal yesterday that sold out in about 5 seconds on amazon for 299, i would have loved to have got that one, it was 50% off or probably more, but i feel pretty good about this purchase, at least its done.

edit
heh now its up to 399, glad i got it when i did

Last edited by a moderator:
i was in the market for a 50'' Panasonic G10 for around $1k and this BF was a real disappointment. All the sales were for the inferior S1 models or were less than 50''. Not to mention it seems that the prices seems to have been hiked up in the weeks preceeding BF, and now after.

Oh well, I can wait...

Would you buy anything from the following websites?

www.tigerdirect.com
www.compusa.com
www.circuitcity.com (?)

I have been looking on the 47sl90 and I see that I can get it for 1600 at those sites with 8% bing cashback. However, I am a little supsect as all 3 sites are exactly the same except for the header. Seems a little wierd? And circuit city was out of business right? What's going on here...

Ruahrc

If I remember correctly, they are all the same site because Tiger owns them all?

I could've swarn I've seen the 47sl90 for closer to $1000 at Fry's unless they really jacked up the prices.

All those websites are owned by Systemax and are legit.

I urge everyone to buy the $329.99 32" AOC from RadioShack in terms of a great deal. I worked there and we had these things on pretty much 24/7 and they never crapped out. From my experience, the picture quality doesn't decrease ever but the blacks aren't too dark. The price just makes it all the better though.

Thanks for letting me know about the sites. Prices seem to be all over the place now with the amazon price going down to 17xx now. Craziness! Guess I just need to identify a "trigger price" and once I see it for that price just go and don't look back right :)

VipFREAK, you may have been confusing it with the 47SL80 which is a very similar TV except it's CCFL and not LED illumination and is available for a few hundred less than the SL90.

Ruahrc

oh yeah... my bad. Yeah, I remember having to take a double take seeing the 80's and then going home to see online it being the 90's. I thought I was losing it because I was going to Fry's almost every day just to stare.

[quote name='Kendro']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102259

I can get this for a little under $575 from a local dealer. Anyone have any experience with this model or Samsung's in general?[/QUOTE]

i dont have any personal experience with that model but its a good deal for an lcd of that size/performance.
i read over the model thread on avs and dint see anything I would consider to be a problem.

i say go for it, especially since its a local dealer.

I'm still waiting for the LG 32LF11 to come back in stock, but if it doesn't then it will be between the LG 37LG50 and the Vizio VA370M. Which of those two would be the better choice? I can't seem to find much info on the Vizio...

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I'm still waiting for the LG 32LF11 to come back in stock, but if it doesn't then it will be between the LG 37LG50 and the Vizio VA370M. Which of those two would be the better choice? I can't seem to find much info on the Vizio...[/QUOTE]

the 37lg50

Well I caved and ordered the 47sl90 from circuitcity.com. It is listed as 1599 with a 12.2% bing cashback making it about 1400 total which was right at the top end of my target price. (and coicidentally the lowest price I've seen on his tv so far) I figured the time I have spent scouring for deals and reading around I just may as well get the tv and be done with it. I have never ordered from the "new" circuit city so I hope it all goes okay.

Ruahrc

Nope still seems to be 12.2%. The higher percentage is from the Bing Cashback gold rush. Seems like the bonus percentage is still on through Dec. 2nd.

Go to the Bing shopping site and click on the "learn more" link on the Gold Rush. Then click on "shop favorite merchants" and you'll see Circuit City listed in the list at 8-12.2%. Click the link (it won't ask you to put in your Bing email) and search the 47SL90. You should see it listed as $1599.99 and right under it should show $195.20 Bing Cashback (which is 12.2% of $1600). I went through the order process and at the end there is a checkbox you need to make sure is checked that says "send this email address to Bing to report the cashback". I did that and if I look at my Bing Cashback account I see the $195 in there from the order, so the cashback looks squared away.

Congratulations are not quite in order yet though, as I am still a little apprehensive on the whole CircuitCity.com. I noticed that they have no return policy on the TV. You can refuse delivery if you see damage on the box and they will send a replacement but apparently once you sign for it you can't return it. I'm almost wondering if I should make the delivery guy stand around while I open the box to ensure everything is okay (their website does say to inspect the contents of the box before signing acceptance). I did not see this until after the order was placed (and I suspect it was because they did not show it clearly or even at all). Anyways they have not processed my order yet it appears so I suppose if I really wanted to I could cancel but problem is the TV is still about $300 or more cheaper than you can get it elsewhere. I'm just hoping everything works out okay. I did charge it to my credit card (as opposed to my debit card which I usually do) though so in case things really go bad I can just dispute with the CC company.

Ruahrc

yes you should. do not sign for it until youve opened it inspected it, hooked it up and tested it.
have a source ready. try more than one input.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Nope still seems to be 12.2%. The higher percentage is from the Bing Cashback gold rush. Seems like the bonus percentage is still on through Dec. 2nd.

Go to the Bing shopping site and click on the "learn more" link on the Gold Rush. Then click on "shop favorite merchants" and you'll see Circuit City listed in the list at 8-12.2%. Click the link (it won't ask you to put in your Bing email) and search the 47SL90. You should see it listed as $1599.99 and right under it should show $195.20 Bing Cashback (which is 12.2% of $1600). I went through the order process and at the end there is a checkbox you need to make sure is checked that says "send this email address to Bing to report the cashback". I did that and if I look at my Bing Cashback account I see the $195 in there from the order, so the cashback looks squared away.

Congratulations are not quite in order yet though, as I am still a little apprehensive on the whole CircuitCity.com. I noticed that they have no return policy on the TV. You can refuse delivery if you see damage on the box and they will send a replacement but apparently once you sign for it you can't return it. I'm almost wondering if I should make the delivery guy stand around while I open the box to ensure everything is okay (their website does say to inspect the contents of the box before signing acceptance). I did not see this until after the order was placed (and I suspect it was because they did not show it clearly or even at all). Anyways they have not processed my order yet it appears so I suppose if I really wanted to I could cancel but problem is the TV is still about $300 or more cheaper than you can get it elsewhere. I'm just hoping everything works out okay. I did charge it to my credit card (as opposed to my debit card which I usually do) though so in case things really go bad I can just dispute with the CC company.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I guess I have to hurry up and decide what I want to do here. Let us know how it goes! You are right, $1400 is the cheapest I have seen that tv for sure. Half of me wants it for $1K, the other wants it right now. :)

[quote name='driftmr2']I guess I have to hurry up and decide what I want to do here. Let us know how it goes! You are right, $1400 is the cheapest I have seen that tv for sure. Half of me wants it for $1K, the other wants it right now. :)[/QUOTE]

in my experience superbowl time has the best deals on better displays. this time of year the better deals are concentrated on the lower end stuff.

The tv is sitting in my cart right now... I am going to look around online for some coupons. If I can find one that works, I will have to buy! How much would you guess this tv would go down in Jan? I have seen tvs drop like rocks in June because that's when I think I see them launch newer models.

Sorry everyone I was not able to update the thread before Black Friday. My computer crapped out on me the day before Thanksgiving =\

[quote name='paz9x']yes you should. do not sign for it until youve opened it inspected it, hooked it up and tested it.
have a source ready. try more than one input.[/QUOTE]

That would pissoff the delivery guy for sure.

bread's done
Back