Black Friday Labtop deals.

T3kN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (83%)
Hey just wondering if anyone knows of any good Laptop deals for this BF.

I was thinking about getting one of those cheap $300 mini laptops, but...I tried one out at a bestbuy and they were just to small for my liking. I got big hands and I would just be uncomfortable with it.

So just wondering if anyone knew of any good deals coming up for labtops.
Thx in advanced!

Something I can watch movies with and play some games, just a decent labtop that can play WoW, or lets say source games on steam, even though I don't play wow anymore im using that as reference to gaming capabilities of the labtop i want.
$500-$600 is my price range.
Would mostly be used for school, but want the capabilites to play some games if i want too.

Thank you for creating this thread, but I was hoping to find links or listings of laptops to look out for!

The only one that comes to mind right now is a doorbuster at Bestbuy for a Compaq laptop that I'd like to say is $380.

Also, I'm looking for something just for school like word processing, surfing the Internet, and watching on youtube.

The HP DV9999 definitely looks like something that won't be beaten by Black Friday. I don't care how cheap Wal-mart makes 30 laptops for 250 people, it won't be fully loaded like this one.

My only question: if they're at DV9999, what are they going to name their newer releases? They've been using the DV moniker for years now. I have a DV6105us that I bought from Office Depot and I never regretted it a bit.

College student that could really use a laptop.
Not wanting to spend over $500, but if the quality difference is that much, I'd be willing to pay.
Basically, I just want to be able to have my music, use basic programs, have some memory, wifi and browse the net, but I don't want crap that will be really slow.

[quote name='thehoo']College student that could really use a laptop.
Not wanting to spend over $500, but if the quality difference is that much, I'd be willing to pay.
Basically, I just want to be able to have my music, use basic programs, have some memory, wifi and browse the net, but I don't want crap that will be really slow.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to get a labtop (to go with my white labcoat), too. For pretty much the same reasons. I just need it for school (MS office) and the 'net. I'm trying to go ultra-cheap, so I'm eyeing up those $300 ones. My PC-guru friend is telling me that they're absolute crap, though. He recommends spending close to $500 and getting a dell, to be safe.

[quote name='Kerig']My only question: if they're at DV9999, what are they going to name their newer releases? They've been using the DV moniker for years now. I have a DV6105us that I bought from Office Depot and I never regretted it a bit.[/quote]

HDX's probably. They released a 16 and 18 versions a few months ago that are positioned ahead of the DV's. I'll assume they are just going to stick with the HDX model designation going forward.

I've also been looking at laptops, and it seems that the deals for Black Friday aren't too great, this year.
I've read around that they've had better deals this year at various times. However, if you're really in want of one soon, here's what I've found:

http://bfads.net/Laptop-Buying-Guide-for-Black-Friday-2008
http://www.notebooks.com/black-friday-notebooks/

If you're not too interested in trying to get to the front of the Best Buy line (they're always the worst in my town), I'd consider just buying online, direct from Dell:

Dell Vostro 1510 - $499 + free shipping (It only has a Celeron M, but for $25 you can upgrade to the Core2Duo T5670. Good option off-set by the free shipping).
It also has "only" 2GB of RAM, but these aren't gaming/pro laptops, I doubt you'd ever need 4GB.

The HP Pavilion dv4-1114NR in the second link is very similarly spec'd to the Vostro 1510, if you take the Vostro's C2D upgrade ($25). That one is available at BB and Office Depot on Black Friday, and is also $499.

Personally, I'm likely to go for the Dell Vostro, unless I hear some negative personal experiences. It looks good to me, at any rate.

Bump.

Looking to get a new laptop as well. I don't really want to spend over $700, but anything under $1,000 is worth considering. Performance is important, my Dell Inspiron B130 with an Intel Celeron processor is just not cutting it after three years. At all. I'd love to have a decent graphics card for moderate gaming.

I was looking around a bit earlier, and I'd love to have a MacBook. Too bad they're way out of my price range (Student discount is nice, but still nowhere near enough.). Even refurbished or used might interest me. I also found a Toshiba that seems pretty good. I wish I would have seen that HP deal a few posts up before it expired, definitely would have grabbed that.

bread's done
Back