AMD Turion 64 X2, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, DVD-RW
Windows Vista Home Premium, Integrated Webcam / Microphone
$629.99
*Add antivirus software, external webcam, and printer for $100 more

HP
15.4" BirghtView Widescreen
AMD Athlon 64 X2, 1 GB Ram, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW
$449.99
*Add Antivirus Software, bag, wireless mouse and printer for $100 more.

Sony :hot:
Intel Pentium Dual Core, 1GB Ram, 120GB HDD, DVD-RW burner
$399.99
*Upgrade to 160 GB HDD, add antivirus software, mouse, printer/scanner/copier, and bag for $100 more.

Toshiba :hot:
17" TrueBrite Widescreen
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, DVD-RW burner, HDDVD player
$799.99
*Qualifies for 5 FREE HD-DVD movies mail in offer

----------------Circuit City----------------
All laptops can get a free all--in-one printer, Norton Internet Security software, and Wireless-G router after MIR.

Compaq Presario
15.4" Widescreen
Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, SuperMulti DVD drive, Vista Home Premium
$299.99 (after $50 MIR)

HP Pavilion
15.4" BrightView Widescreen
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, DVDRW, Webcam, Vista Home Premium
$549.99 (after $150 MIR)

Sony Vaio FZ
15.4" XBRITE-ECO widescreen
Intel Centrino Duo Core 2 processor T5250, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, DVDBR, built-in webcam, Vista Home Premium
$899.99

Toshiba Satellite
15.4" TruBrite widescreen
AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, built-in webcam, DVDRW, Vista Home Premium.
$749.97 (after $90 MIR)

Toshiba Satellite
15.4" TruBrite Widescreen
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, DVDRW, Vista Home Premium.
$399.99 (after $150 MIR)

----------------Wal Mart----------------
Dell I1501P-H003W
15.4" Widescreen
AMD Turion 64 X2, 2GB RAM, 80GB HDD, DVD-RW
Windows Vista Home Premium
$598

HP Pavilion dv6629wm-b Bundle
1. Laptop:
15.4" Widescreen
AMD Turion 64 X2, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Windows Vista Home Premium
Includes Photosmart M447 5.0MP (digital camera) and
Includes Photosmart A526 compact photo printer- 2" LCD, Integrated card slots
$798

----------------STAPLES----------------
Compaq Presario
15.4" Widescreen
Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, SuperMulti DVD drive, Windows Vista Home Premium
$349.98

----------------RADIO SHACK----------------
:puke:

Acer Notebook PC
14.1" Widescreen
Intel Celeron M530, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, CD-RW/DVD,Vista Home Basic.
$399.99 (After $150 MIR)

HP (Bundle)
15.4" Widscreen
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-55, 1GB memory, 160GB HDD, DVD double-layer burner, Vista Premium
Quickplay with remote and eabuds, 2.4" LCD Digital Camera, printer/copier/scanner
$799.99 (after $100 MIR)

That Sony laptop deal sounds good. Anybody have experience with sony laptops, are they any good? I would use it to surf the web and for music. No gaming or anything.

I'm actually thinking about that Compaq laptop Staples is putting out. It is identical to the Sony Vaio from Bestbuy in pretty much everyway, it just has an 80GB hard drive rather then a 120GB which is fine with me and I'm buying a 500GB external anyway.

The Compaq is $50 cheaper ($350) and I won't have to get to Bestbuy at 6-8PM the night before.

My grandma lent me her Compaq while I fixed it for her and I ended up having it for a few months. It was an AMD single core CPU, 512MB Ram, and 80GB hard drive and worked very well for normal use.

My Compaq was not even a year old when the CD/DVD Writer Drive went out and then about 2 weeks later the fan broke. Pretty much a piece.

[quote name='panasonic']My first compaq crapped out in 2 days returned for another crapped within a week then returned for an hp.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know Hp and Compaq are the same.

[quote name='Snake2715']Just so you know Hp and Compaq are the same.[/quote]

This is true...But to an extent some differences, like Chevy to Cadillac err GMC.

[quote name='mvp828']Question, if I bought this (Vaio) like a week before would they price adjust on Black Friday?[/quote]

Probably not and if they would you would still have to go in on BF because these are usually doorbuster deals and expire before noon.

The gateway at BB sounds good to me no need to upgrade anything it has enought RAM and a 14" screen which IMHO is the best size for a lappy. I'm not gonna wait in line for it though maybe there will be something good without having to punch a grandmother in the face for later.

[quote name='bigtymer']Probably not and if they would you would still have to go in on BF because these are usually doorbuster deals and expire before noon.

The gateway at BB sounds good to me no need to upgrade anything it has enought RAM and a 14" screen which IMHO is the best size for a lappy. I'm not gonna wait in line for it though maybe there will be something good without having to punch a grandmother in the face for later.[/quote]

I dont mind the crowds too much, and as for the RAM, it has 1GB, which isn't ideal for Vista. But not to worry everyone has another gig for 14.99 on BF.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Beggers can't be choosers.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we have several choices thank you very much. And it's not begging- it's cagging.

[quote name='djkunai']Actually, we have several choices thank you very much. And it's not begging- it's cagging.[/quote]
There are no 13" laptops.

And if anyone thinks they can buy this laptop a week before and pricematch on BF they have to be stupid. These laptops will be long pulled from the shelves.

Is the Sony deal really that good? The Dual Core has to be well over a year old now. It seems like all your buying is the name.

Now if it was an SZ, then it would be hot

I have a Sony laptop that has been running strong for 2.5 years so far. It has a 13.3" screen so it's light and the main reason I went with Sony was that I can get around 5 hours of battery on the standard battery (and that's considering it has a radeon 9700, it would probably be better with a crappy intel onboard gpu). When I get out of college and it's time for a new laptop, I will be looking for another Sony one because I have no complaints. For $400 it's a no brainer

[quote name='Koggit']Are there weights for any of these listed anywhere?

My sis wants a really light laptop -- four lbs or so.[/quote]

google the asus Eee laptop
about 1 lb i believe

anyways, i think that's the laptop i'm gonna go with
sure the specs are a bit bad for $400,
but i am buying it due to the size of the thing

also, it handles internet/word processing just fine

i would love to pic up one of those vaios. anyone know what would be a good time to start lining up? i want there last year to get a toshiba laptop at 3 am but the line was already wrapping around the store

[quote name='wwe101']i would love to pic up one of those vaios. anyone know what would be a good time to start lining up? i want there last year to get a toshiba laptop at 3 am but the line was already wrapping around the store[/QUOTE]
I would go about 5 or 6 pm on Thanksgiving night. Yes you will sleep/wait overnight outside the store.

[quote name='djkunai']I'm going at 10 am on Thanksgiving with a bunch of friends.[/quote]

damn! thats early. ill try to be there around 8

I always stay in on BF. Usually go to Cal City with the family. Nearest BB, CC, TRU or anything is no less than 40-45 miles away. I was interested in the laptop deals at BB but 6pm on Thursday....... No thanks.

Just in case you want to include some Walmart deals, which are not near as good as those IMO:

Dell I1501P-H003W $598
15.4" Widescreen

HP Pavilion dv6629wm-b Bundle $798

1. Laptop:
15.4" Widescreen
AMD Turion 64 X2, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, *no specs of optical drive*

2. Camera:
Photosmart M447 5.0MP

3. Photo printer:
Photosmart A526 compact photo printer
2" LCD
Integrated card slots

I did one of these BF laptop deals 2 years ago. I got a decent Toshiba laptop for $199 from Circuit City.

All I can say is, be prepared to wait in line for a long time and deal with crazy ass people trying to cut, curse each other out, and run you over when the doors open. They had 15 vouchers (my sister and I were 4 and 5 in line), and probably 200 people had formed in the line by 5am.

As long as you go into it with open eyes (and some warm clothes - Uggs if you have 'em), it's worth it. My sister still has the Toshiba laptop, and I only recently sold mine to upgrade to a Sony Vaio. I highly recommend Vaios, I've been extremely happy with mine.

Good luck and let us know if any of you are successful. I'm contemplating standing in line for an LCD tv, but a small part of my brain still remembers the bone chilling cold and annoyance of last time..

[quote name='Synergy']I did one of these BF laptop deals 2 years ago. I got a decent Toshiba laptop for $199 from Circuit City.

All I can say is, be prepared to wait in line for a long time and deal with crazy ass people trying to cut, curse each other out, and run you over when the doors open. They had 15 vouchers (my sister and I were 4 and 5 in line), and probably 200 people had formed in the line by 5am.

As long as you go into it with open eyes (and some warm clothes - Uggs if you have 'em), it's worth it. My sister still has the Toshiba laptop, and I only recently sold mine to upgrade to a Sony Vaio. I highly recommend Vaios, I've been extremely happy with mine.

Good luck and let us know if any of you are successful. I'm contemplating standing in line for an LCD tv, but a small part of my brain still remembers the bone chilling cold and annoyance of last time..[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Makes me want to try for that Vaio even more. Gonna camp outside BB, I guess.

some excerpts to give you an idea of what to expect... find out how many laptops each store has and what time you would need to get there to be one of the first x people:

Last year I got there at 10 and was about 75th in line.

the first group inline was there at 2 am thursday after going out partying wednesday night. they were there a whole 25 hours in line. other people started showing up about 8 am thursday morning. i went around 5 pm thursday and would have been about number 100 inline

Last year I arrived at 9:00 PM at the westside store, there were like 100 people ahead of me

Best Buy last year was nuts. I got there at 10 and ended up over 200 people back.

I left for BB at midnight, MIDNIGHT! and both BB I went past had around 100-200 people in front of them already.

at 9pm, and there were about 100 people in line. We have about 20 Best Buys in our area, and everyone had a line of hundreds by midnight.

[quote name='banpeikun']some excerpts to give you an idea of what to expect... find out how many laptops each store has and what time you would need to get there to be one of the first x people:

Last year I got there at 10 and was about 75th in line.

the first group inline was there at 2 am thursday after going out partying wednesday night. they were there a whole 25 hours in line. other people started showing up about 8 am thursday morning. i went around 5 pm thursday and would have been about number 100 inline

Last year I arrived at 9:00 PM at the westside store, there were like 100 people ahead of me

Best Buy last year was nuts. I got there at 10 and ended up over 200 people back.

I left for BB at midnight, MIDNIGHT! and both BB I went past had around 100-200 people in front of them already.

at 9pm, and there were about 100 people in line. We have about 20 Best Buys in our area, and everyone had a line of hundreds by midnight.[/quote]

That's insanity. My sister and I got lucky, I guess, we got in line at 10pm the night before and were #4 and #5.

Truthfully, that was really pushing it in terms of how long we would have made it. It was so, so cold that night, and the hours of 1-5am just felt totally endless. At one point I thought my sister was dead (she was totally cocooned in a blanket).

It took me a full 24 hours to get warm after going through it. I don't know how some people did it in just regular clothes and jackets.

I'd do it again, but it would really depend on the temperature. I live in Boston, so this time of year is pretty cold. If I lived in a warmer climate, I'd probably do it again without hesitation. Boredom is no problem, frostbite is a different story...

[quote name='Synergy']That's insanity. My sister and I got lucky, I guess, we got in line at 10pm the night before and were #4 and #5.

, and the hours of 1-5am just felt totally endless. Boredom is no problem, frostbite is a different story...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just bring a DS, PSP, or GB and play it while you wait. Thats what I am going to do.

[quote name='Snake2715']Just so you know Hp and Compaq are the same.[/quote]

Yes, but I think that the Compaqs are manufactured in a different distro and they suck. They crap out.

[quote name='joseraul']Just in case you want to include some Walmart deals, which are not near as good as those IMO:

Dell I1501P-H003W $598
15.4" Widescreen

HP Pavilion dv6629wm-b Bundle $798

1. Laptop:
15.4" Widescreen
AMD Turion 64 X2, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD, *no specs of optical drive*

2. Camera:
Photosmart M447 5.0MP

3. Photo printer:
Photosmart A526 compact photo printer
2" LCD
Integrated card slots[/quote]

What's wrong with that Dell? With the exception of the HD being a tad on the low side, it seems to be pretty well built.

[quote name='wwe101']what time should i be there if im going to the one in parma ohio? im talking about bestbuy for the vaio[/quote]each store is guaranteed to have 15 of the sony laptops. depending on how popular your particular best buy in parma is, it could have more, like 30 or 40. if you live close enough to the BB, you can drive by a few times starting thursday morning to see how the line's growing. if i had to guess, i'd plan to be there before noon, and possibly by 10 AM to get that laptop. not really worth it if you want to be with family (unless the family wants to wait at BB for 20 hours)

[quote name='banpeikun']each store is guaranteed to have 15 of the sony laptops. depending on how popular your particular best buy in parma is, it could have more, like 30 or 40. if you live close enough to the BB, you can drive by a few times starting thursday morning to see how the line's growing. if i had to guess, i'd plan to be there before noon, and possibly by 10 AM to get that laptop. not really worth it if you want to be with family (unless the family wants to wait at BB for 20 hours)[/quote]

damn! i was planning on going around 8pm

bread's done
Back