Black Friday Question

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!
Sorry for the quick question, but will stores except the insane deals from other stores on Black Friday? I had a horrible experience at Circuit City last year (over an hour waiting in line and inexperienced workers), and I would really prefer to avoid it and go to Best Buy (however CC usually has the better deals).

Thanks for any help!

figured that was the case, thanks for the reply

hopefully they'll get some compotent people to work at that store, though they weren't fully to blame. There were some idiot customers (one lady didn't get her free 360 controller) and they were having tech problems.

for the record, CC is horrible. ive had experiences and heard of numerous more in which they pull sale items from the shelves the night before a sale starts. also, my buddy went last year on black friday, got there hours before opening. about an hour before they opened, employees came out and started handing out tickets for the sale items. but instead of handing them out in order of the people in line, they handed them out to friends and family that were out there. then when my buddy complained to a manager, once the store opened, he was like "yea, and?"
theyre A-holes. i stick with best buy.

having worked for best buy i can tell you that black friday is a huge day and as long as it is not a doorbuster they will usually pm. if you get someone nice usually you get a doorbuster too.

Wal-mart is your best bet on any price match, especially with them mentioning "we'll price match any local competitors price" on every radio ad. Most retailers are probably going to be somewhat strict due to the economy and facing bankruptcy; Circuit City.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Sorry for the quick question, but will stores except the insane deals from other stores on Black Friday? I had a horrible experience at Circuit City last year (over an hour waiting in line and inexperienced workers), and I would really prefer to avoid it and go to Best Buy (however CC usually has the better deals).

Thanks for any help![/quote]

CC had failed technology. every damn rebate that they offered on almost every item had to be printed from the register. which means data access to databases that couldn't take it.

The system will choke, freeze, and go real slow....

I would not go back. unless you are the first one in line.

utterly crap.

[quote name='xycury']CC had failed technology. every damn rebate that they offered on almost every item had to be printed from the register. which means data access to databases that couldn't take it.

The system will choke, freeze, and go real slow....

I would not go back. unless you are the first one in line.

utterly crap.[/quote]
I think that was the problem last year

I don't think i'm really going to go for any doorbusters like TV/Computer, I'm really hoping to get a External Hard Drive as well as some DVDs and maybe a new Monitor.

neudog, I didn't know Wal Mart price matches! I thought they were like Target and don't do that. The only problem is is that all the stores near me have pretty poor DVD/Video Game Sections, and don't carry a lot of monitors/hard drives.

Wal-mart is very specific and open about matching Black Friday deals. They will do it with no problem as long as you're there buying it during the promotion time period of the other store.

You can do it right at the register, too, you don't have to go to customer service or whatnot. They might have changed their policy since previous years, though, and there might certainly be some exclusions. YMMV.

Other than Wal-mart: 99% no.

I tried to price-match a circuit-city deal on Super Mario Galaxy last year. Best Buy wouldn't do it, but Wal-Mart did.

Plus, Wal-Mart was eerily empty by the time I got over there. No black friday rush at all...

bread's done
Back