Black Friday the aftermath

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Latest Black Friday incident tally

Black Friday madness: Grandfather body-slammed by cops, two shot and woman pepper-sprays rival shoppers on day of chaos
Police use taser on father at Wal-Mart in Alabama amid scramble for bargains
Woman uses pepper spray on other shoppers at Wal-Mart in Los Angeles
Twenty people were injured by 'competitive shopping' attack, say authorities
Elsewhere woman, 55, is shot by robbers outside South Carolina Wal-Mart
Another shopper wounded in California robbery as fights break out in U.S.
Off-duty cop uses pepper spray to quell Wal-Mart scuffle in North Carolina
Electronics stands were torn down and DVDs were trampled on by shoppers
Estimated 152 million people expected to shop over Black Friday weekend
Gunfire erupted at North Carolina mall at 2am near food court entrance
Robot removes suspicious device from fridge at Arizona Wal-Mart store

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pper-sprays-rival-shoppers.html#ixzz1emvzH92W

Check this out, Just like Left 4 dead http://www.twitvid.com/XRADF

What interesting things occurred during your black Friday? Or did you protect yourself from the walking dead by staying inside?

I got in line at target yesterday around 4pm for the 46" tv @ 298. I was #9, I knew I had no hopes at Bestbuy with some people waiting for 2 weeks at certain locations. This ghetto girl in front me asks what I'm going for and I tell her, she goes on to say that she is going after it too and that she hopes they are not doing tickets because she wants to knock everyone out of her way. I thinking girl, you trollin me? But she was serious. I tell her that its just wrong and nor fair to those in front of her. and tell her if wanted I could bulldoze over her and everyone else. She rolls her eyes tells me that there are not enough tvs for me anyway and I wouldn't get one. (I already checked their inventory, so I wasn't worried.)

At about 10:00 pm she finds out that they are doing tickets and she jumps on the bandwagon to everyone in front of her saying oh thank goodness.

At 11:00 her friends try to cut in line, I tell them they need to get back, they cut other people behind me instead. One of them was saying she just came from walmart and smacked a person in the face for pinching her throat. Later her mom tried to cut in line but got stopped by security, her mom also said this during a discussion "Why you worried about my cold titties, yea they cold"

There were 37 tvs in the end so her line cutter friends cheated people that waited 8 hours.

The line grew to over 1000 people, it circled about 3/4 of the building, a mob had formed along the fence and police came and pushed them back telling them that they had to wait for everyone in line to go in first and to not think about jumping the fence.

I was the first one out the store I only bought the tv, the employees were congratulating me and a lot of the crowd/line was cheering out front.

*Target bait and switch type tactics, while we were in line they passed out the *special* secret deals none of which were deals, but I'm sure a lot of people that waited forever to not get the 46" @ 298 would buy the 40" for 449. They also passed out another flyer after saying that they were "too late" to print these deals earlier and that we could get in on the now. These were regular priced cell phone plans.

Picture of girl who wanted to knock everyone out of her way and those in front of her.
trashygirl.jpg

Line1.jpg

Behind me
Line2.jpg

Also there were 5 fights at the nearby walmart lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should take a pic of me eating fritos in stained pajamas, because I stayed in. I guess I'm not sexually aroused by getting garbage for 20% off. /shrug

Yea, the best is hearing about the horror stories afterwards.

I enjoy BF though. Tradition for me and my friends to run around all night after thanksgiving and just find cheap blurays and games. People make it a bigger deal than it should be.

The best deal of the night (at Sears) I saw:
32" 720p (shitty brand) 60hz TV... $400. What?!

Yeah, black friday is ridiculous. I'd never put my self through all that insanity to save a couple bucks off anything I really don't need. i can hardly stand being in a walmart on a regular day let alone a day with consumer madness being pushed to the max. Was it always like this? I don't remember growing up in the nineties and hearing every year right after thanksgiving people are getting shot and trampled for heavy discounts.

[quote name='MAC METAL FACE']Yeah, black friday is ridiculous. I'd never put my self through all that insanity to save a couple bucks off anything I really don't need. i can hardly stand being in a walmart on a regular day let alone a day with consumer madness being pushed to the max. Was it always like this? I don't remember growing up in the nineties and hearing every year right after thanksgiving people are getting shot and trampled for heavy discounts.[/QUOTE]
Well, we are in a point where nearly everybody has a way to capture video, so the negatives are much more vocal. But realistically there are stores all over america that have no problems at all. But there's always the few dirty groups that start crap -- and they are at every event w/ lots of people. I usually go every year for tradition sake, its fun hanging out w/ friends and spending a few bucks on some things; I've yet to run into any problems/crazy people (sadly...). I don't get how people can get so serious over it though... but like I said, that's with all things.

DNB makes a good point, I primarily go just for the fun and to pick up a few items that I don't have to wait in line for. This was the first item I actually waited in line for at a BF, I saved about 40% off a typical sale so 200.00 and I was getting holiday pay during 6 of the 8 hours I waited. In a lot of areas BF gets out of hand, and I would never want to see anyone get seriously injured, but it is entertaining watching a few "incidents." It's the best of reality shows right there.

The girl that cut in line behind me was saying she slapped some person in the face because she got her necked pinched lol. "She pinched me in my neck, how can anyone be saying they accidentally pinch you in the neck, so I slapped her."

One of the five fights at the local walmart was over 2 dollar towels.

To the above video I posted, does anyone know what games they were fighting over? Were they just basic xbox value/hits games? Also adding the latest black friday tally to the original post

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I do love that so many of these horror stories end up taking place at Wal-Mart stores.[/QUOTE]

All the ones I've heard were at WM. Shootings, fights, pepper-spraying...

I actually documented my Black Friday experience. I had to deal with millions and millions of other people in a race to add things into my shopping cart before they ran out. Here's a picture from my experience.

dob3b7.png

[quote name='Theenternal']."

One of the five fights at the local walmart was over 2 dollar towels.

[/QUOTE]

When I heard that people were fighting over $2 towels and $30 crockpots, I went WTF? Is this what Black Friday has become? You can get $2 towels and cheap crockpots at Walmart year round. I remember when Black Friday was about people being crazy over big screen TVs, laptops, and new video game systems. So, crappy economy + really dumb people who don't price watch during the rest of the year=fights over $2 towels.

I couldn't believe when I saw the video of people fighting over crockpots. You'd think they were giving away free laptops or something.

I drove around on Thanksgiving morning to see if anyone was in line at the local Best Buy and sure enough there was. The first guy in line had a giant ass fan ... next to his GIANT MATTRESS I kid you not. Went to another Best Buy by the mall and saw tents and a gazebo.

There were no local incidents though the mall was still busy at 8 p.m. as if it was 5 a.m..

My favorite Black Friday video to this day is where the woman at Walmart falls down and her wig comes off. Instead of getting up, she stays on the ground to adjust her wig.

bread's done
Back