Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='4tygames']I got the white AC vita in the mail yesterday from amazon. You do not get a retail copy of the AC game. Instead it comes bundled with the memory card in a crappy little plastic container. I don't understand why Sony has been doing this with all of the bundles this year including the paper sleeves for the ps3 games on the ps3 bundles.[/QUOTE]

Sony is in financial trouble. Serious Financial trouble. They save millions of dollars a year on doing these things, and you couldn't see why they don't?

I'm with you they raised the price of the Diet Slim PS3 and couldn't bother with a game case, however I totally understand why they did it.

2 day shipping from Seattle to 50 miles away taking 3 days is what I get for being negative on my purchase and second guessing myself.

[quote name='omnicious']Tempted to sell the white AC Vita bundle. It's being sold for $300 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Listed for and sold for are very different things. You can buy these for $250 still in many stores, who would pay more?

[quote name='Slowdance']Listed for and sold for are very different things. You can buy these for $250 still in many stores, who would pay more?[/QUOTE]
You got me. I wouldn't pay that much. There are a few listings being bidded up to that price though. Of course it could be one of those bidders that actually don't pay up though.

Glad people seem to be enjoying their vita purchase. I played a bit on my AC3 vita, but the 4gb mem card really limits what you can do. excited to see what MLB 12 is like on the vita.

I love the arguments over deals. When a new deal is posted for a similar item you always get four groups or cag arguments.

1. The original buyers of the previous deal either questioning the authenticity of the new posted deal or trying to explain how the previous one was better.
2. The people who missed the original deal trying to explain how the new deal is obviously superior.
3. Those who bought the first deal, who are now furiously trying to cancel their original order to get the new deal or thinking of ways to somehow get out of the first deal.
4. People who purchases the item at full price near launch who either post to defend their purchase to themselves or try to troll on the new deal as being crappy.

In this case I dont think there were many people in category 3, but that's just me.

For BF I think the Amazon bundle was by far the best bundle. The main point is that to get a Vita it cost $20 less. Forget the rest of the bundle, the $180 price was cheap to just get a vita. Add in the other items in the bundle and it was an easy purchase. I could really care less about the bonuses, I just wanted a NEW Vita for as cheap as possible. I was checking Amazon Warehouse with no luck.

[quote name='omnicious']Tempted to sell the white AC Vita bundle. It's being sold for $300 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

At the height of jealousy after the Amazon deal a few sold for around $300, but that was with all the Amazon bonus items. Now they can be had for the $250 retail price easily, even on ebay. Some even include PS All-stars with them.

If anyone wants an AC3:L White Vita Bundle still, I'll sell one for $210 paypal shipped via 2 day shipping directly from Amazon.

The company they shipped it with lost my package so now they're telling me they'll sell me another for the same price as when it was on sale, but I ended up buying a Vita locally so don't really need it. Just offering it here at cost ($180 + tax + CA waste fee?) before I put it up on eBay/Amazon to try and convert my Amazon GC's into cash.

I got a Hori protector because I always buy Hori, I like their quality, but they don't make a back touchpad protector, only a front protector. These are cheap and I've heard their quality is surprisingly good, they also have a back protector.

I ordered the Hori face cover and the Pull 'n Go Folio because apparently the Vita with face cover on fits into that. I like being able to close a shell over when I'm not using it, my PSP lives in a PlayGear Pocket for similar reasons.

[quote name='omnicious']What screen protector did everyone get for their Vita? Is a case recommended?[/QUOTE]
Bought a Hori Screen Protector for mine, listed here

As for the case, none yet. I'm just going to use my oldschool Logitech PSP case (if it fits), if it doesn't I'll just put it in the PSP Sleeve.

Don't plan on using it too much anyways, so I think that'll do for the time being.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']so would you guys say assassins creed liberation is worth keeping? or should i sell it and get something else? i already have persona 4 btw[/QUOTE]

I'd say that depends entirely on if you enjoy AC games. Personally I can't stand them. I won't be going anywhere for trade ins for a few days so I may try it, but I can't wait to get rid of it as long as I can get $15 at BB or GS.

I also got the PS3 holiday bundle (already had all the games) so I have a ton of trade fodder to get LBP Vita with, or maybe a mem card.

[quote name='omnicious']What screen protector did everyone get for their Vita? Is a case recommended?[/QUOTE]

I ended up grabbing the COD Bundle. I picked up the official Sony Vita screen protectors (2 pack) onsale on Amazon for around $7. As for a case, my local Target had the PDP Custom Crystal cases on clearance for $5.xx. I picked up one of those and love it. It's a hard metal on the outside, and a secure rubber on the inside. Holds 8 games and 2 memory card, plus you can change out the covers in the windows of the case. It comes with a few, but you can print your own. Very good deal. It's pretty cheap on Amazon, too.

I really like the white color on the Vita, matches the look of my new white RAZR HD phone almost exactly. I'm going to struggle and keep the 4GB card until I see a good deal on the 32GB size though to feel better about the great price on the bundle.

[quote name='PerryD']I really like the white color on the Vita, matches the look of my new white RAZR HD phone almost exactly. I'm going to struggle and keep the 4GB card until I see a good deal on the 32GB size though to feel better about the great price on the bundle.[/QUOTE]

I actually really like it too. I have never had a white handheld and was gunning for a black, but obviously the savings were too good to pass up. Now after having it the last 2 days I love the white. Its so glossy that I don't think itll get dingy as long as I take good care of it, unlike the cheaper white plastic that DS lites and some phones have been made of that get tiny scratches, and the scratches start getting dirty and all that.

It helps that I stuck my Persona 4 sticker on it right off the bat, so the white isn't distracting at all. Looks so damn nice. Easily the most high tech looking handheld i've had! My phone is an older android, so I really have nothing that looks this sexy. I am a handheld freak though so i'm very happy to add this to the piles of older consoles in my collection.

So far i've only played a bit of Retro City Rampage and Wipeout, but it feels and looks great. My ps3s were tied up doing a transfer all day but I am now finally downloading some more + games, and i'm really excited. I've also been playing P3 FES so I can jump into Persona 4 asap.

[quote name='mightymek']I ended up grabbing the COD Bundle. I picked up the official Sony Vita screen protectors (2 pack) onsale on Amazon for around $7. As for a case, my local Target had the PDP Custom Crystal cases on clearance for $5.xx. I picked up one of those and love it. It's a hard metal on the outside, and a secure rubber on the inside. Holds 8 games and 2 memory card, plus you can change out the covers in the windows of the case. It comes with a few, but you can print your own. Very good deal. It's pretty cheap on Amazon, too.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the Sony Vita screen protectors as well The Hori ones were going to take longer and I like to put on a screen protector before I even start playing.

I randomly picked out a nerf armor case at Target to give it a try. They aren't the best looking but I liked them on my DS because they were cushy which made extended play bearable. Haven't tried it out yet but it may be going back.

I remember seeing those PDP cases on clearance before black friday at my target, I'll have to check and see if they still have them.

[quote name='4tygames']I got the white AC vita in the mail yesterday from amazon. You do not get a retail copy of the AC game. Instead it comes bundled with the memory card in a crappy little plastic container. I don't understand why Sony has been doing this with all of the bundles this year including the paper sleeves for the ps3 games on the ps3 bundles.[/QUOTE]

The Uncharted 3 superslim bundle comes in the standard case and so does the PS3 AC bundle. I was also shocked that the Infamous bundle doesn't come in gamecases, but for a $200 bundle these games were basically free, so I really can't complain too much.

It does throw you off to see the retail gamecases pictured on the box for the Vita bundles and the Infamous bundle...

[quote name='Mikaboshi']does anyone still have it on sale?[/QUOTE]

AT&T stores are supposed to be clearencing the 3G version for $200, plus a couple of free games on 11/30...

I got my Vita today (so gorgeous!) but I have a question...

I have the crappy 4GB memory card, but couldn't resist playing Uncharted as my first Vita game, and with that being on my Vita, I can't fit another game on it. Is there a way I can transfer the game elsewhere and not have to download it again? And copy it back on later when I get a bigger memory card. I know this seems sad, but downloading even 3GB takes a long time on my internet. Plus I have bandwidth cap.

I tried to transfer it back to Ps3, and it showed the whole copying process but have no idea where it went. Anybody else have a solution?

I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.

[quote name='diplo']I got my Vita today (so gorgeous!) but I have a question...

I have the crappy 4GB memory card, but couldn't resist playing Uncharted as my first Vita game, and with that being on my Vita, I can't fit another game on it. Is there a way I can transfer the game elsewhere and not have to download it again? And copy it back on later when I get a bigger memory card. I know this seems sad, but downloading even 3GB takes a long time on my internet. Plus I have bandwidth cap.

I tried to transfer it back to Ps3, and it showed the whole copying process but have no idea where it went. Anybody else have a solution?

I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.[/QUOTE]

You can backup everything on your memory card to your PC. But I'm just as new to this as you.

If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales

[quote name='Romeo']If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales[/QUOTE]
Not hardly. I can just as easily swap games in and out while I wait for a deal on a larger memory card. I have no problem playing one game at a time. Besides, the majority of the content from PS+ is catered towards those who own a PS3, so I'd hardly consider the membership pointless just because you don't have at least 16GB. That's a pretty outlandish statement if you ask me.

[quote name='Romeo']If you have PS+, you need a minimum 16gb memory card. Anything less and your membership is pointless. It's Sony's way of pushing memory card sales[/QUOTE]
I'll just tether my Vita to my 4G connection and milk my unlimited data for all it's worth.

I wouldn't say it is pointless, but it does make it less convenient to use. Many Vita game are under 2GB, so at least a couple of games can fit on a 4GB card...

[quote name='Fresh8142']You can backup everything on your memory card to your PC. But I'm just as new to this as you.[/QUOTE]

Grrr I keep getting the "could not connect to pc message", thanks though

[quote name='Tsel']Not hardly. I can just as easily swap games in and out while I wait for a deal on a larger memory card. I have no problem playing one game at a time. Besides, the majority of the content from PS+ is catered towards those who own a PS3, so I'd hardly consider the membership pointless just because you don't have at least 16GB. That's a pretty outlandish statement if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Not outlandish at all. If you buy a new holiday bundle and a PS+ subscription you can't even download the three advertised games.

You're right regarding it's more of a PS3 feature, but as a vita feature it's being pushed as a path for proprietary accessory sales.

[quote name='diplo']I'm gonna need a 32GB card but I refuse to pay $80-100 for it, that's just insane.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Apple charge $100 for 16 GB?

There's a whole spectrum of insanity.

After playing with this thing for a bit I think I want a case and maybe a screen protector (probably not). I was able to order a copy of the Pesona 4 Solid Gold edition a little bit ago. I first bought it purely because it was rare. Now I might actually open it to us the case and screen protector in it.

I picked up an extra 4G card on Amazon for $10, so I have Uncharted on one memory card and a couple of other games on another card. Somewhat of a pain to turn off the system to change cards, but manageable until larger memory cards drop in price.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']After playing with this thing for a bit I think I want a case and maybe a screen protector (probably not). I was able to order a copy of the Pesona 4 Solid Gold edition a little bit ago. I first bought it purely because it was rare. Now I might actually open it to us the case and screen protector in it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the following hard case at Target (bunch of them clearance priced at $5). It seems to function well and even holds some games and extra memory cards:

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Custom...=1354112527&sr=8-6&keywords=vita+case+crystal

[quote name='Romeo']Not outlandish at all. If you buy a new holiday bundle and a PS+ subscription you can't even download the three advertised games.

You're right regarding it's more of a PS3 feature, but as a vita feature it's being pushed as a path for proprietary accessory sales.[/QUOTE]

You can download 3 of the PS+ games at once on a 4GB memory card, as long as one of them isn't Uncharted. Wipeout and Gravity rush are between 1.6GB and 1.7GB each, and the rest of the games offered is under 1GB.

I do agree that Sony would like to push accessory sales, but don't paint this as an requirement. No one has to download multiple games to the Vita in order to enjoy it.

Besides the 4GB memory card is essentially being given away for free, so I am not going to complain about it...

If you have Plus you can also save your game saves on the cloud while you move stuff from memory card to memory card. It is actually pretty easy.

Am I the only one who was confused as hell when it came to deleting something from the Vita? FFS...had to look up how to do it on the net.

PS...got the Vita bundle at GS on BF. I'm about 75 percent through Uncharted. Awesome game.

Just like I "bought" but haven't downloaded most of the PS3 Plus stuff, I'll do the same on the Vita. "Buy" the games but download them when I'm ready. Surely I can make that work with 2 4gb cards for now.

Mine came yesterday, too. Got it from the Amazon deal. I loaded some stuff on it (Disgaea 1-2, PS All-Stars, Wild Arms, Skype, etc.), and I agree that 4gb gets cramped real fast, especially if you have substantial PSP/PS1 purchases like I do. I am also not a big fan of the way the Vita forces you to manage transfers on the Vita itself, rather than on my PS3 (ala the PSP). I suspect I will be shelling out for the 32gb card at the next good sale on it.

I haven't even redeemed the PS+ codes yet... no sense without more room.

On the plus side, the form factor is quite nice, and I love the analog stick design. The screen is also excellent, albeit the original PSP's screen spoiled me, too. Definitely worth the price I paid, and it's enough for me to retire my beloved PSPGo (well... unless I need something really, really small).

I just finished Uncharted as my first Vita game and it was good. I just downloaded Uncharted which is like 3 gb and played and beat that first and when I was done I deleted that and downloaded the other ps plus vita games. Now off to play some AC3: Liberation and Resistance: Burning Skies.

[quote name='SpoDaddy']How do you buy the games without downloading?[/QUOTE]

You go all the way through the check out process, "check out" >"proceed to check out" and just don't download, when it says "download now" or sumit, just make sure it's in your download history.

[quote name='SpoDaddy']How do you buy the games without downloading?[/QUOTE]
add to cart
check out
and just dont download
I got all the ps plus vita games through my ps3 before my vita came in
then just go to the ps store on your vita and you can find the games in your download list

Jumped the gun too quickly and got the Declassified bundle before realizing that Amazon had a better bundle. Needed something to pass the time on my 90 minute train ride to work.

bread's done
Back