Black Friday vs. the After Christmas Sales

shorj998

CAGiversary!
I'm definitely new to Black Friday/After Christmas sales shopping. I know there aren't any guarantees, but do you think it's better to try for a Black Friday deal or wait until after christmas?

I'm looking to get a decent 40"+ HDTV. I'm just trying to decide if I should camp out in front of Amazon next Friday or just wait.

Thanks in advance!

There's no way to no for sure. Black Friday deals tend to be better--but TV wise it seems the bulk of great deals are on off brands which I personally stay away from.

There also tends to be some good HDTV sales around the super bowl, and also in summer (when I bought mine a few years ago) when the new models are getting ready to come out and stores are having big sales to get rid of discontinued models.

the super bowl thing kind of surprises me. i would have figured they'd gouge you around that time of year since everyone is looking to have a super bowl party and what not. i'm pretty sure i'm not waiting until summer, but i could possibly hold out until february. i'd love to luck out and find one earlier though.

yea, i thought about posting it there, but under the forum description it says "video game deals." wasn't sure if an HDTV would be considered in that category or not. tv's are a pretty vital part of game playing, but technically not games themselves. lol

i got my hdtv just before the superbowl a couple years ago at best buy. they had a ton on sale (all with pictures of football on them in the ad) and got a great deal (at the time). so, while it might not be worth waiting until after christmas, im willing to bet you can get a deal about as good, or better, after christmas.

bread's done
Back