Black Ops in 3D???

Anythingoo1

CAG Veteran
So recently on the news, I've heard something about Call of Duty: Black Ops being released in 3D...
I'm not entirely sure about this, seeing as I only caught the last bit of it, and from what I did hear, they mentioned that the 3D glasses were no longer needed, and you could play it from 9 different angles in the room. However, you would have to buy a different tv to do this.
I have no idea if this is even true or not, but I'm assuming it may happen...
Anyone else know anything about this?

[quote name='Anythingoo1']So recently on the news, I've heard something about Call of Duty: Black Ops being released in 3D...
I'm not entirely sure about this, seeing as I only caught the last bit of it, and from what I did hear, they mentioned that the 3D glasses were no longer needed, and you could play it from 9 different angles in the room. However, you would have to buy a different tv to do this.
I have no idea if this is even true or not, but I'm assuming it may happen...
Anyone else know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

That sounds really unlikely; the part about the glasses that is. AFAIK all TVs require 3D glasses and that's why they've gotten a less than warm welcome from consumers. Do you have a link to that news story?

[quote name='Thrinn']That sounds really unlikely; the part about the glasses that is. AFAIK all TVs require 3D glasses and that's why they've gotten a less than warm welcome from consumers. Do you have a link to that news story?[/QUOTE]

I'll have a rummage around on the BBC website, but I don't know if you'll be able to view it (considering you live in America), and also I saw it on TV, so I'm not sure if they'll have it on the internet...

But thanks for your feedback :D

Someone from Treyarch was on Friday's episode of GameTrailer's and had confirmed that it'll have 3D compatibility. Seems too gimmicky for me.

The glassless 3D monitors are still not within reach... So don't count on it to play Black Op 3D using that kind of monitor. Personally, I want to play the game in 3D considering CoD series keep on setting the bar on FPS higher and higher... 3D TVs are still expensive :whistle2:(

Technically arent games and movies already in 3d? I mean when I see one person infront of me in a game and see a person standing further in the background I can tell which one is close and which one is far away already.

I dont know, Ive just never seen 3d that interested me any let alone lended itself to the medium in a way to make it more engaging or enchanced the experince.

[quote name='gargus']Technically arent games and movies already in 3d? I mean when I see one person infront of me in a game and see a person standing further in the background I can tell which one is close and which one is far away already.

I dont know, Ive just never seen 3d that interested me any let alone lended itself to the medium in a way to make it more engaging or enchanced the experince.[/QUOTE]

:lol: valid point... but the 3D buzzing now a day is about images popping right at you. So playing FPS games, bullets might fly toward you. Anyway, think about the 3D rides in Disney World or Universal Studios, are they gimmicks? Sure, but look at how many people get in lines to experience them... I still remember the Terminator ride, it was pretty damn cool at the time.

I won't say 3D sucks ass, but if the technology is ready for the main stream, I welcome it, rather than spit on it. If you don't like it, you don't have to get it or use it. There's no harm... It's not like Black Ops is going to cost more because of the 3D feature. Same goes for the TVs, don't like it, don't buy it.

30 Black Cops!?!

I remember a couple of shooter games on the Sega Master System that had these nifty glasses that made 3D out of a distorted image on the TV. No special TV or player required. I wonder what happened to those days?

[quote name='Serpentor']The glassless 3D monitors are still not within reach... So don't count on it to play Black Op 3D using that kind of monitor. Personally, I want to play the game in 3D considering CoD series keep on setting the bar on FPS higher and higher... 3D TVs are still expensive :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

battlefield sets a way higher bar for fps.... cod just adds new gadgets, battlefield bc2 lets you destroy walls with explosives and collapse buildings

[quote name='dreamerslost']battlefield sets a way higher bar for fps.... cod just adds new gadgets, battlefield bc2 lets you destroy walls with explosives and collapse buildings[/QUOTE]
and that sets the bar higher? if i remember the game Black allowed you to do that and it was for the ps2/xbox.

bread's done
Back