Black Wii 49.99 with trade in....

This actually isnt half bad considering the used market for Wii and its accessories. Plus this new one comes with the Wii Motion Plus AND Wii Sports Resort.

Of course, I was sold when I read it was the black Wii :)

[quote name='Kush']I'd probably bite if they didn't want an extra remote and nunchuk...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. There's got to be a way to get a used remote and nunchuk for cheap.

I just found out that Sears is matching this deal. They will give you a pair of black socks if you trade in your white pair and pay and extra 20 bucks.

[quote name='JaxMoney']wasn't this posted like last week or so?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the deal just came out.

I bit on this on the 5th. At face value, sure it doesn't seem like a great deal. Considering that my kids' wii broke about a week and a half ago, though, and one of the wiimotes I took in was sketchy, at best, I found it to be a better option than shipping our old wii off to nintendo, having to wait for it to ship back, and having to buy a new wiimote anyways.

Does have a different color console make that big of a deal? Really? Are you that vain? OOOk! Go for it. Me? I'll just buy Wii Sports resort for $45 and keep my white one AND second wiimote and nunchuck. The only way I could see this being anywhere near logical is if you have a VERY old Wii and want a new one under warranty. That's my 2 CP.

Andrew

[quote name='a-pelletier']Does have a different color console make that big of a deal? Really? Are you that vain? OOOk! Go for it. Me? I'll just buy Wii Sports resort for $45 and keep my white one AND second wiimote and nunchuck. The only way I could see this being anywhere near logical is if you have a VERY old Wii and want a new one under warranty. That's my 2 CP.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with this. It does look pretty awesome, but I don't see myself replacing it simply due to the fact that I would lose everything ;(

[quote name='oasisboy']GameStop = too many suckers out there who will throw away their Wii at us just for the "color". Win...[/QUOTE]
+1 Gamestop loves these people

I remember trading in my first GBA SP and paying for a different color, but can't really see myself doing that now, particularly on consoles that will (mostly) sit in my living room for me to play. If you want a black Wii, why not just get a skin or something for it? Cheaper IMO

[quote name='oasisboy']GameStop = too many suckers out there who will throw away their Wii at us just for the "color". Win...[/QUOTE]

Yes. If only more people whined on the internet, something might change.

This is the reason why Gamestop continues to pull these BS offers out for suckers. Wait till the next Wii color comes out then what will you do? Trade in your Black Wii and controllers for the new color? AND they are making you pay for the new Wii! It should be a straight up trade, knowing what they sell the used systems and controllers for.

DJ Hero for 39.99, that comes with the turntable? is this a good deal for it? i've been interested but not for the original prices, anyone think it's worth biting for 40? (i realize this has nothing to do with OP but its in the ad so figured i'd ask here)

EDIT: nvm, small print says "turntable only, game not included" ...blah

This really is a suckers "deal". Losing all of your downloadable content, some of your game saves and just to get a black console?

When the next console comes out with HDMI output, now that could be a reason to upgrade but even then I will never buy another Wii as long as they want to tie my content to the console I own. That will be my one and only Wii forever.

you should be able to back up your saves to an SD card, correct? And the VC games is a pretty big deal if you have a lot of them. But like the gentleman said earlier about his kids beating the poo out of his old wii and him giving up a sketchy wiimote.. not bad at all in that situation.. there are some shades of gray (no color pun intended) to this deal.

Im buyin my 3rd wii tomorrow.. had 2 already but couldnt decide if i really liked it or not, one time money was tight and the other i was just bored with it and sold it.

that being said any good games come out on VC lately? (past year)

oh and honestly the system seller besides being way coool and black/sleek was Monster Hunter, I bought the bundle the other day in preparation, i hope i like it :)

[quote name='Kush']I'd probably bite if they didn't want an extra remote and nunchuk...[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']oh and honestly the system seller besides being way coool and black/sleek was Monster Hunter, I bought the bundle the other day in preparation, i hope i like it :)[/QUOTE]

Me too. I mean, I knew I'd have to get it fixed or replace it eventually for my kids, but Monster Hunter is really what pushed me over the edge on doing it now. In all the time we've owned a wii, I think Monster Hunter will be the first time I myself will have played it.

I picked up a few other clearance wii titles too, just in case I enjoy the wii. The only games we owned were Littlest Pet Shop, some Marios, and Super Hero Squad, so I figured I needed some more adultish games.

As for the virtual console stuff, I didn't own any VC titles, so no loss there. Probably the only VC game I'll end up buying is the FFIV sequel. Everything else I want I pretty much have for my old consoles already.

If my kids have to reunlock some characters on Smash Brothers, I'm sure they can deal with it to have a working wii again.

Yeah you can put your games on an SD card, that's sort of what that slot is there for. You can't play anything off of it, but for the purpose of placing it on another Wii I'm almost positive that works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manicbomber']Yeah you can put your games on an SD card, that's sort of what that slot is there for. You can't play anything off of it, but for the purpose of placing it on another Wii I'm almost positive that works.

So, again, to all the people calling other people suckers in this thread could you elaborate on the depth of your ignorance concerning the loss of downloaded purchases?[/QUOTE]

You can't transfer downloaded games from one wii system to another. Believe hearing that if yours breaks and gets replaced you loose them too.

[quote name='Gimgak']You can't transfer downloaded games from one wii system to another. Believe hearing that if yours breaks and gets replaced you loose them too.[/QUOTE]

It's possible to transfer them by calling NOA, but to my knowledge you need to have both consoles present and online to do so. So it wouldn't work in that case to trade it in and keep your games.

The SD card wouldn't work as you could have the games on the SD card, but each one is licensed to the specific serial number of the particular console it was purchased on, as I understand it.

It is ridiculous that Nintendo did that with downloaded content. There is no reason it should be tied to a specific console. They need portable profiles.

To be fair it does come Wii Motion Plus and Resort. But yeah, if the extra Nunchuk and Wiimote didn't have to be included in the trade, I'd probably bite on this.

I will probably bite on this since one of my remotes is pretty jacked up but still works. The console I also bought used so getting a brand new one with a warranty is great! I also really want to try Wii Sports Resort.

[quote name='homerojay']I would do it if I could keep my virtual console and wiiware games.[/QUOTE]

was thinking of doing the trade in since i don't have wii sports anymore and haven't bought a wii motion plus and wii sports resort , but i've bought about 10-12 VC games and want to keep them, also think my credit card is still on file, smh Nintendo, fix it :/

So to make this clear what you are trading is one Wii Console, AV inputs, power cable, 2x Wii Remotes, and 2x Nunchucks.. and you get the black bundle

.....sounds lame...

I traded my gamecube for this sort of deal when the wii came out... i payed 50 bucks and traded in my game cube for a wii i was pumped for that but not this

Having traded in a few random accessories I didn't use anymore and some games I got a little over $50 in store credit. This deal seems very interesting for me now, especially that I have an SD card and I've only downloaded 1 game from virtual console (link to the past). Even if I can't get the game transferred over, I stilll feel like this bundle would be worth it since I wouldn't have to pay tax, I've been looking to get wii sports resort anyways, and I already have a motion plus so I'd have 2. The only thing holding me back is losing that extra nunchuck, does anyone know if gamestop would let me buy back my nunchuck used?

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Having traded in a few random accessories I didn't use anymore and some games I got a little over $50 in store credit. This deal seems very interesting for me now, especially that I have an SD card and I've only downloaded 1 game from virtual console (link to the past). Even if I can't get the game transferred over, I stilll feel like this bundle would be worth it since I wouldn't have to pay tax, I've been looking to get wii sports resort anyways, and I already have a motion plus so I'd have 2. The only thing holding me back is losing that extra nunchuck, does anyone know if gamestop would let me buy back my nunchuck used?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone ever tried to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='a-pelletier']Does have a different color console make that big of a deal? Really? Are you that vain? OOOk! Go for it. Me? I'll just buy Wii Sports resort for $45 and keep my white one AND second wiimote and nunchuck. The only way I could see this being anywhere near logical is if you have a VERY old Wii and want a new one under warranty. That's my 2 CP.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people who are doing this (like myself) are people with old Wii's that are either broken or are heading there...and would prefer to just get a new console for a little extra money, rather than paying $75 to Nintendo and getting a refurb back AND having the hassle of having to mail it and be around to get it back, etc.

Luckily, I've never downloaded anything off Wiiware otherwise that would be a big problem. I never thought about it before, that you couldn't transfer those games, so I'm glad I know now because now I'll never buy anything from the Nintendo channel!

Having said all that, this should be a warning to people not to buy a used Wii from Gamestop, esp. after this deal when everyone will be trading in their old, decrepit systems. :p

:/ lol smh and fail at me, didn't see the trade in "an extra wii mote and nunchuck" thought just 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck .
And with that, the deal is dead to me :(

would have done it too

I just got this deal at GS and the black color is slick. I didn't have a copy of Resort so I basically paid for Resort and traded my launch Wii for a brand new black Wii. Not bad!

What does GS do to test the console? I'm not sure what happened to my Wii, but it's having a really hard time loading games. I get an "Error" message when I try to load a game. I'm not sure how much Nintendo actually charges to fix this.

[quote name='Pck21']I just got this deal at GS and the black color is slick. I didn't have a copy of Resort so I basically paid for Resort and traded my launch Wii for a brand new black Wii. Not bad![/QUOTE]
And gave up a remote and nun chuk.

[quote name='tokerblue']What does GS do to test the console? I'm not sure what happened to my Wii, but it's having a really hard time loading games. I get an "Error" message when I try to load a game. I'm not sure how much Nintendo actually charges to fix this.[/QUOTE]

They loaded mine up and played a game for a couple of minutes.

[quote name='lllGurulll']And gave up a remote and nun chuk.[/QUOTE]

...which I had lying around anyways since I don't play my Wii as much any more. My gf has a Wii with an extra nunchuck and remote already so if we want to play together (she's in law school atm and doesn't have time to play these days) then we play on hers. I guess the deal really worked in my favor and may not work for everyone. :D

yeah losing my VC games makes this a no go for me. Nintendo really screwed up in that area

bread's done
Back