Blackberry Playbook $199 Buy.com

great device for those who are looking to buy a real "tablet" not an oversized phone browser like the IPAD.

BlackBerry PlayBook is capable of runnning flash and it's compatible with HTML5 as well.

Also there are confirmed rumors that you will be able to run Android Apps on it by Februrary next year with the new update.

It's a similar situation to the HP Touchpad in that the price is decent if you mainly want to use it for email, web browsing, streaming video etc but the app selection is pretty minimal when compared with Android or Apple.

I got a Touchpad a while back on the sale and to be honest, I never really used it until the Cyanogen Android alpha came out. Now I use it a lot, but that's due to the access to all the Android apps primarily.

I guess here it depends on if it's worth holding out until the supposed February update and then it's unknown which Android apps will run and how well etc. It seems that this method will be via emulation of some sort rather than installing the full Android OS like what happened with the Touchpad. There really isn't anything going on over at xda on the Playbook front so I wouldn't expect much in the way of an Android ROM.

Also note the Android emulation was supposed to be released "Summer" then "Fall" now it's February but that date is hardly set in stone.

I bought one from Buy.com but will probably return it, unopened. What's their return policy, is there a restocking fee? Do I pay for return shipping? :bouncy:

I'd suggest those looking to get one of these to connect with your phone or work phone blackberry do some research. As of a bit ago when I researched, my corporate masters won't let me use the awesome bridge feature to connect blackberry to playbook (bluetooth serial port blocked for security reasons, etc). Also unless its changed, AT&T doesn't allow its blackberry subscribers to use the internet access on the phone through the playbook via the bridge for free.

I got my wife a Motorola Xoom 10 inch 32gb for her early birthday/christmas present and its actually a pretty nice tablet and I think it is in line for an Ice Cream Sandwich update fairly early on when that gets released. Got it for $350 and $5 shipping from a deal a day website I peruse and damn I was so relieved when it came and was actually new in box for sure.

bread's done
Back