Blackstar Tour Dates Announced (Coast to Coast!)

MadChedar0

CAGiversary!
BREED LOVE ODYSSEY TOUR DATES
10/28/2005 - FRI - Sacramento, CA @ Memorial Auditorium
10/29/2005 - SAT - San Francisco, CA @ Mezzanine
10/30/2005 - SUN - San Francisco, CA @ Mezzanine
10/31/2005 - MON - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
11/01/2005 - TUE - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
11/03/2005 - THU - Los Angeles, CA @ Gibson Ampitheater
11/04/2005 - FRI - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues (2 shows, 5:00pm + 9:45pm)
11/05/2005 - SAT - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues 2 shows, 5:00pm + 10:00pm)
11/06/2005 - SUN - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
11/07/2005 - MON - Phoenix, AZ @ The Marquee
11/10/2005 - THU - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
11/11/2005 - FRI - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theater
11/12/2005 - SAT - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
11/13/2005 - SUN - Austin, TX @ Stubbs
11/14/2005 - MON - Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live ( Cancelled )

11/16/2005 - WED - Charlotte, NC @ Ovens Auditorium
11/19/2005 - SAT - Atlanta, GA @ Earthlink Live
11/20/2005 - SUN - Tampa, FL @ Masquerade
11/21/2005 - MON - Gainesville, FL @ U. of Florida
11/23/2005 - WED - Ft. Lauderdale @ FL Revolution
11/24/2005 - THU - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
11/25/2005 - FRI - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
11/26/2005 - SAT - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
11/27/2005 - SUN - Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues
11/29/2005 - TUE - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
11/30/2005 - WED - Providence, RI @ Lupo's
12/01/2005 - THU - Boston, MA @ The Roxy
12/02/2005 - FRI - Northampton, MA @ Calvin Simmons Theater
12/03/2005 - SAT - Toronto??? ... TBD... TBD

12/04/2005 - SUN - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
12/07/2005 - WED - Detroit, MI @ State Theatre
12/08/2005 - THU - Indy or Champaign... IN or IL.... TBD
12/09/2005 - FRI - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues (2 shows, early AND late shows)
12/12/2005 - MON - Philadelphia, PA @ The Electric Factory
12/13/2005 - TUE - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
12/14/2005 - WED - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom

This was ripped from Okayplayer.com

---- 11/24 + 11/25 | Washington, DC (930 Club)
It appears DC gets some love. I'll try to find out of anymore dates. I don't know if these 2 dates are affiliated with the tour, but Blackstar is going to hit DC...!

---- Update! Coast to Coast! And those DC dates were confirmed. So there it is, Blackstar is coming to a city near you.

---- 11/11: Mos has dropped from the tour due to extreme exhaustion. Many places are giving partial and full refunds. I'm still going tomorrow to the Austin show, because man it's still going to be awesome. It won't be the "once in a life time" concert, but instead just plain amazing. I can live with that.

---- 12/03: Seems like Mos is performing at some shows! Namely the show in New Haven, CT. So there's some Blackstar opportunities.

Me and some friends are going to the Santa Cruz show on Halloween!!!

Also you guys should note this:

10.29 | San Francisco (Mezzanine - show will feature Ghostface not Kweli)
10.30 | San Francisco (Mezzanine - with Kweli not Ghostface)

Bring your PSP™ system to the show.
You could receive a PSP™ game and a CONNECT Cash™
card worth 25 song downloads.*
Everyone who attends will receive EXCLUSIVE Mos Def downloads.
*Limited to the first 50 people per show or while supplies last.
See further details at us.playstation.com.

I'll be bringing my PSP for sure.

[quote name='zewone']Me and some friends are going to the Santa Cruz show on Halloween!!!

Also you guys should note this:

10.29 | San Francisco (Mezzanine - show will feature Ghostface not Kweli)
10.30 | San Francisco (Mezzanine - with Kweli not Ghostface)
Everyone who attends will receive EXCLUSIVE Mos Def downloads.
...[/QUOTE]

Word on bringing your friends. I just found out about the date in Austin, so I need to get a group going. Can't wait.

I just checked out the playstation site, yeah I guess it's not guaranteed to be Blackstar ( Mos and Kweli ) everytime, but pretty much so. Thanks for seeing that though.
Also it seems Monch and Jean Grae will be making appearances ( from looking at the playstation.com site ). That's so awesome.

I hope you don't need a PSP to get those Mos Def tracks. I wonder what they could be? Early tracks from his forthcoming CD in '06?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wish I could afford to make the trip to Houston. Maybe it's possible ... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It's one of those "There might not be a second chance". Blackstar together in concert! :drool: That was one of my lifelong goals and now it's gonna happen. :lol:

[quote name='zewone']It's one of those "There might not be a second chance". Blackstar together in concert! :drool: That was one of my lifelong goals and now it's gonna happen. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but for you it doesn't involve a 700+ mile trip. :lol:

[quote name='WeaponX2099']No chicago. come on, man!! They gotta come here.[/QUOTE]

See, I could even swing Chicago. But they're not coming anywhere relatively close to this area. So screw all of you who live out west who get to see this.

Oh Thank God...This was one of my top things to see. Period. I never thought they would come back, well I thought they would maybe make one or two more albums, but not tour. Hallelujah! And they're coming to my city and close to my birthday, neener neener neener to all those that can't make it to them:razz:

Actually, I feel sorry for you guys that aren't going to be able to see them perform. Yes, I know it does suck.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wish I could afford to make the trip to Houston. Maybe it's possible ... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Oh man try to find a way. It's Blackstar!
I don't know about the Houston show, but I know the one in Austin is going to be general admission. This venue, Stubbs... it's so easy to get up front. Maybe I'll see ya there, giving high fives to Mos and Kweli.

Friday bump for Northern California, just one week!

And speaking of Ghostface performing a date in SF, my brother is going to meet them tonight in DC. I hope I get a call from one of the Wu dudes. That'd be sweet.

Bump. Good news for Washington, DC. Maybe this means theres more Blackstar to go around. I'll try to find out more.

[quote name='ph33r m3']11.03 | Los Angeles (Gibson Amphitheatre)

just ordered tickets. oh yeah.[/QUOTE]

High-five on that. I bought mine this morning. Can't wait.

You guys in California need to let us know how dope it is.

fuck, i just realized that Nov. 3 is my bro's b-day. Still though, Blackstar or my bro's 17th? I say Blackstar.

[quote name='zewone']You should go with him to the show. Great birthday gift.[/QUOTE]

Dude! How was it? I need details. :drool:

[quote name='MadChedar0']Dude! How was it? I need details. :drool:[/QUOTE]
Don't even remind me. :cry: My friend who was gonna drive had to work all of a sudden and we weren't able to go. :cry: I'm going to need you to tell me how it was. I feel terrible about not being able to go.

[quote name='zewone']Don't even remind me. :cry: My friend who was gonna drive had to work all of a sudden and we weren't able to go. :cry: I'm going to need you to tell me how it was. I feel terrible about not being able to go.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:|
Ah damn, I'm sorry to hear that. That hurts. I'm apathetic though. Two years ago I got screwed for time and couldn't see Common Sense/ Kweli here... I really regretted that one. Also a year ago I had primo seats in Buffalo to the RUSH reunion/farewell tour and a friend got caught in Canada (who was going to drive)... blah.

There might be hope though. If Blackstar really is releasing a new album in 2006, maybe this is just the beginning of them touring. In either case I'll do my best to sneak in a camera/ retell the story as if you were right there.

Gonna see them tomorrow night here in Hollywood 'cuz they're making an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel! Yeeeeeeah...damn, and it would be priceless for Common to show up. fuckin' G.O.A.T. right there....hahaha

Massive updates of cities added!

[quote name='abs0lute']Gonna see them tomorrow night here in Hollywood 'cuz they're making an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel! Yeeeeeeah...damn, and it would be priceless for Common to show up. fuckin' G.O.A.T. right there....hahaha[/QUOTE]

Isn't he doing a movie or something, so he couldn't to the "Touch The Sky Tour"?

And p33r m3, I'm excited for you man.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Oh shit, they're coming to Chicago on my birthday. It's a 3 hour drive and it'll be winter, but dammit, I gots to see that![/QUOTE]

fucker, it's a 9 hour drive for me. :cry:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']27. Point, ME! For your inability to do math :lol:[/QUOTE]

I knew I should have checked your profile. :oops:

Someone asked me how old I was on Wednesday ... that hasn't happened in a while. I had to think about it for a minute. :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Oh shit, they're coming to Chicago on my birthday. It's a 3 hour drive and it'll be winter, but dammit, I gots to see that![/QUOTE]

You got that right.

Well it seems like Mos Def is sick and hasn't been making it to a few shows, and is being taken off the Austin show... This sucks so much. :cry:

I just got back from the Austin show, it was friggin DOPE as hell. :hot:
I gotta get on some hw right now but ill be back to post as much as I can for those who couldn't make a show.

Blackstar keep shinning!

Edit: So here's the show recap.

Before the show started, some random poet came onto the stage, and did like a def poetry slam/jam thing. He had some really great points. This poet came out before each act to get the crowd riled up. I know it worked for me. So after that guy came the first act...

Since Mos Def couldn't make the show, they added another act to the show, K'NAAN. They were surprisingly good. The main singer is from Somalia, and they kicked much ass on the bongos and bass guitars. How's that for real hip hop.

Next was Jean Grae. I'd never seen her live before, or seen what she looked like, but man she was real hot. Both in body and lyrical content. She has a more aggressive style than I'd like, but she got the crowd going. I'm a Jean Grae noob so I didn't know any songs she was singing. On a funny note, there was this really goofy white dude who was going nuts and having a great time, and JG pointed him out infront of everyone and we all had a good laugh. I guess you had to be there to truly witness it. Overall Jean Grae had a real great personality and put on a good set.

Then things got real crazy when Pharoahe Moch hit the stage. He started off with "Oh No", making sure everyone got into it, even those Mos wasn't there. He got into some older stuff, which was much appreciated. Things picked up again when he did that one song "My Life." Throughout the whole performance people were dogging him to play "Simon Says." Finally, for his last song, the trumpets started blaring that infamous "Baa ba baaaa. baaa baaa. " and the baseline took off. Everyone was jumping with the beat and going nuts. About half way through the song ( everyone still going crazy ) Jean Grae and Talib Kweli break out from behind the stage! Complete Pandemonium. The stage lights blaring and the beat boxes booming. Like you could only hear shouts and cheers for a minute straight.

Then Pharoahe and Talib segwayed into Kweli's set by playing Guerilla Monsoon Rap! Everyone was still going nuts by this time. After that Kweli played the Beautiful Struggle intro, Broken Glass, Respiration, Love Language, just a great selection of songs. As a special treat, he did Biggie's 10 Crack Commandments. Everyone really enjoyed that. Also, because it's "the dirty south" here in Austin, Kweli did some of Slim Thug's part of Still Tippin' to the Still Tippin' beat. Really sick. And even better, during I think "Get By" I got two high fives from Kweli! So awesome.

Then Kweli did "Black Girl Pain" with Jean Grae, "Lonely People", and a bunch of others. Basically any song which included Pharoahe or JG, Kweli sang that song with them. Also, one of the dj's was one of the Xecutioners! Really good stuff. About 75% through Kweli's set, he brought out a really hot/nice R&B singer from San Francisco. I can't remember her name. Before she sang though Kweli did a freestyle introducing her. Just more awesomeness ontop of awesomeness. I can only imagine how the show would have been if Mos Def showed up. I guess I'll have to wait for that once in a lifetime show.

If you live in a city where the Breed Love Odyssey Tour is coming to, I highly reccommend it. You won't be dissappointed. I hoped this helped some people visualize the experience who couldn't be there.

I'm sure I left out a bunch of stuff, like Kweli jumping on top of the massive speaker boxes to get closer to the audience, etc, but I invite others to post their experiences from other shows.

bread's done
Back