Blade and Blade Trinity not on amazon.com?

If you haven't seen Blade Trinity you might want to hold off. I loved the first two Blade movies and the third really disappointed me big time.

Best Buy exclusive releases?

Blade
Blade Trinity

/edit: Maybe not. Some users are reporting finding them at Wal-Mart. No idea why they're not listed on Amazon.

Some stores went ahead and put them out

2mmwrax.jpg

(Courtesy of user "Fanboyz" @ bluray.com)

/edit two: Apparently these are the Amazon listings for them, but Amazon does not have them in stock:

Blade
Blade Trinity

Is blade 2 on blu-ray? I thought I read somewhere that one wasn't coming out.

**nevermind. saw that it is out.

[quote name='greatmuta3']Those are the canadian versions,I want new US releases.[/QUOTE]

Canada is Region 1, so there really isn't much difference.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Canada is Region 1, so there really isn't much difference.[/QUOTE]

Region? lol. That's the least of our problems. The Canadian releases are garbage. The original aspect ratio for Blade is 2.39:1, the CA release by Alliance is 1.78:1, that's a huge difference. Not to mention the transfer itself is a mess.

Here's what highdefdigest said in their review:

'Blade' - (2/5)
The most loved title in the series by some (with 'Blade II' receiving its share of love), 'Blade' didn't deserve this. Alliance's pressing of the first part of the trilogy is in 1080p, but not in the OAR of 2.35:1. Rather, it's 1.78:1. To quote the man himself, "Motha-fucka, you outta your damn mind?!?!" Blade's quite the eloquent speaker...
The AVC MPEG-4 encode is a hit and miss affair, even if one ignores the alteration in the film's ratio. Reds are bright and nasty, in a good way, particularly in the bloodbath opening scenes, and blacks are often appropriate in their depth, but unfortunately, colors often are too damn bright, as levels seem to have been bumped up. Delineation is average at best, but the black on black (on black on black) layerings to Blade's attire are all clear and distinct, which is quite amazing, really. White levels are off, sometimes are too busy, and are pretty much ugly as a whole. There is a significant amount of noise, to the point that it almost belongs in the audio section of this review.
Contrast is all over the place, as is depth and detail. That said, there is only a tiny flick here and there of dirt or debris, as this is one clean looking pile of mediocre! Edge enhancement is present, while there is also a small bit of artifacting to be found every now and again. The dated special effects can be distracting, but that's no fault of the lukewarm, botched, butchered transfer...if anything, it's a good thing the transfer does show their age. Alliance provided fans a low blow on this release, causing many to have to seek out the Dutch import, as it is rumored to be superior. Considering how this Canadian release looks, that wouldn't take much.
Take a look at the comparison shots of the CA release with the Dutch one (which has the proper OAR): http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleic...6&art=full&image=0&cID=893&action=1&lossless=

comparison_image.php

comparison_image.php

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the official release dates for the movies:

June 19th: Blade and Blade Trinity
July 10th: Blade II

Blade and Blade III have broken the street dates at Walmart (both in store and online) and Fry's. They're also available to pre-order from Best Buy, but Amazon has botched up their pre-orders for this. They initially had it up, but then took it down around the time Blade II was announced (only the 1st and 3rd were originally planned). I'm sure it'll show up at amz eventualyl but for now I suggest just pre-ordering at Best Buy, or finding it at your local WM:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=4904516336021467068&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=blade&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=q626c616465~~ccat02015%23%230%23%232a~~f535||426c752d7261792044697363~~nf309||5072652d4f72646572&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Region? lol. That's the least of our problems. The Canadian releases are garbage. The original aspect ratio for Blade is 2.39:1, the CA release by Alliance is 1.78:1, that's a huge difference. Not to mention the transfer itself is a mess.

Here's what highdefdigest said in their review:

Take a look at the comparison shots of the CA release with the Dutch one (which has the proper OAR): http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleic...6&art=full&image=0&cID=893&action=1&lossless=

comparison_image.php

comparison_image.php
[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I had no clue the Canadian releases were cropped that much. I barely dodged a bullet since I started to buy all 3 from a seller selling all of the Canadian ones for a cheap price.

Sweet, time to pick up the trilogy. Also, I really liked Trinity, it definitely had a different feel than the first 2 but I loved it.

bread's done
Back