Blade Runner- $24.00 (HD/BD) at Borders with coupon. Today and tomorrow only.

Did you get the briefcase or just the 5-disc set? Up until a moment ago, I hadn't known that you could get the 5-discs without the briefase. How much is their price ont he briefcase?

They had the Ultimate Edition on HD-DVD for 100.00, so it'd be 60.00 with the coupon. It was tempting, but 24.00 for all 5 discs was good enough for me.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Did you get the briefcase or just the 5-disc set? Up until a moment ago, I hadn't known that you could get the 5-discs without the briefase. How much is their price ont he briefcase?[/quote]

On DVD, there are three editions: the 2-disc Final Cut set, the 4-disc Complete set, and the 5-disc Ultimate briefcase set.

On HD-DVD and Blu-ray, there are two editions: the 5-disc Complete set and the 5-disc Ultimate briefcase set.

I didn't know that the briefcase was also in HD/Bluray. I was wondering why Best Buy had it for 100 and another for 60 or 70. I was going to pick this up at Best Buy today but changed my mind. However the 5 disc HD sets and the briefcase sets is the extra content the same? I really see no point in the briefcase if the content is the same. Even if it is not I still might get the 5 disc set on HD or Bluray some time in the future. Also I'm surprised this worked seeing how this is not really a "Box Set". I'm also wondering now if this can be used at more then one store or at different times. I bought Heroes on HD with it today for 65 bucks but if I can print another one and use it at a different store or the same one I might check out what a different borders has.

thanks OP, I'll be stopping by on my way home from work. I still have $20+ on a gift card so it'll be around $40 for me. cheaper than Amazon and no wait on shipping.

I thought that I would wait on this, as I probably own at least 5 different iterations of this movie, all the way back to the laserdisc versions. I have the Borders coupon, so I'll probably bite.

[quote name='sendme']I didn't know that the briefcase was also in HD/Bluray. I was wondering why Best Buy had it for 100 and another for 60 or 70. I was going to pick this up at Best Buy today but changed my mind. However the 5 disc HD sets and the briefcase sets is the extra content the same? I really see no point in the briefcase if the content is the same. Even if it is not I still might get the 5 disc set on HD or Bluray some time in the future. Also I'm surprised this worked seeing how this is not really a "Box Set". I'm also wondering now if this can be used at more then one store or at different times. I bought Heroes on HD with it today for 65 bucks but if I can print another one and use it at a different store or the same one I might check out what a different borders has.[/quote]

For HD-DVD and Blu-ray, the actual discs and viewing content are exactly the same between the briefcase sets and non-briefcase sets. The extra stuff you get with the briefcase are figurines of Deckard's car and the unicorn, photographs, and a lenticular. With regular DVD, of course, the briefcase set is the only way to get the 5th Workprint disc.

As for using the coupon multiple times, they need to scan your Rewards card before giving you the discount and these coupons always read "one coupon per customer during the valid period." I've never tried using a coupon more than once so I don't know if their computers actually record your coupon usage, but if you're so inclined, it's worth a shot to test this.

i talked to my Borders and they said it was an order online pickup in store only and the coupon wouldnt work on that. So i guess this is a YMMV deal

[quote name='rapsodist']On DVD, there are three editions: the 2-disc Final Cut set, the 4-disc Complete set, and the 5-disc Ultimate briefcase set.

On HD-DVD and Blu-ray, there are two editions: the 5-disc Complete set and the 5-disc Ultimate briefcase set.[/quote]

[quote name='rapsodist']For HD-DVD and Blu-ray, the actual discs and viewing content are exactly the same between the briefcase sets and non-briefcase sets. The extra stuff you get with the briefcase are figurines of Deckard's car and the unicorn, photographs, and a lenticular. With regular DVD, of course, the briefcase set is the only way to get the 5th Workprint disc.

As for using the coupon multiple times, they need to scan your Rewards card before giving you the discount and these coupons always read "one coupon per customer during the valid period." I've never tried using a coupon more than once so I don't know if their computers actually record your coupon usage, but if you're so inclined, it's worth a shot to test this.[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I might just get the Blu-Ray or HD 5 disc set, and then buy the regular DVD edition briefcase from BB. Anybody have a BB 10% off coupon?

[quote name='rapsodist']For HD-DVD and Blu-ray, the actual discs and viewing content are exactly the same between the briefcase sets and non-briefcase sets. The extra stuff you get with the briefcase are figurines of Deckard's car and the unicorn, photographs, and a lenticular. With regular DVD, of course, the briefcase set is the only way to get the 5th Workprint disc.

As for using the coupon multiple times, they need to scan your Rewards card before giving you the discount and these coupons always read "one coupon per customer during the valid period." I've never tried using a coupon more than once so I don't know if their computers actually record your coupon usage, but if you're so inclined, it's worth a shot to test this.[/QUOTE]

So seeing how I just want all 5 discs and only them it is pointless for the briefcase.

Good luck finding the blu-ray non-briefcase version. I checked today and none of the Borders locations in St. Louis even ordered the blu-ray version. I had them special order it, but by the time it gets here, I will have to settle for a 25% or 30% coupon because the 40% will have expired. Also, they might not let me use any coupons because of the special order...I have never seen them use this rule before (I have special ordered and used a coupon before), but there is always a chance...

Amazon has a note saying that the blu ray version is short supply on a nationwide basis and they are currently out of it.

Has anyone actually bought the briefcase version...I glancing looked at it at Best Buy it looked like the briefcase was made out of plastic and not metal.

I bought the briefcase set yesterday and it is plastic not metal.
Also, amazon says there was a production delay impacting all retailers, which would expain why many store don't have it in stock yet.

"Production Delay: Due to production and shipment delays from the studio impacting all retailers, this title will not be available to ship by the street date indicated above. We are working with the studio to get this product in stock as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Just grabbed one @ my lunch time... Blade Runner HD-DVD (5-disc set) for only $26 dollars after tax... Bought it @ BORDERS Penn Station, NYC... The lady said they still have 2 copies... got one so there's should be another 1 but didn't see it there. I took the last one on the shelve.

Thanks OP.. decided to get it based on the deal, I wasn't even looking to pick it up at all...

my 5th disc was lose and its kinda scratched, but i don't ever see myself watching the workprint version.

[quote name='yuchiro']If you guys can't get the deal at Borders, Amazon has it for $27.95 shipped....only a few bucks more.[/quote]

It's insane that most HD DVDs are the same price for one disc as for 5 in this set.

No luck here. Lady said it wasn't a box-set. I pointed out it was 5 disks. Then she said the coupon wouldn't ring up [guessing it was a lie]

No go. My border's looked raped and pillaged. I haven't seen the boxset section so empty in all of the years that I've gone to Borders. I really wish I could have gotten this at this price. Oh well, here's hoping that BB has gotten another batch of the SD briefcase. Otherwise, to wait for the DD sale I guess.

The coupon rang up fine for me, so I'm guessing that person just lied.... also, my Borders box set section was destroyed too.. and the computer said the set was "on its way"... but i asked them to check if they had it and there were copies in the back.

i ordered the Briefcase Blu-ray version from Amazon yesterday and sure enough it shipped today ...i dont know why they still have that stipulation online

[quote name='DestroVega']The coupon rang up fine for me, so I'm guessing that person just lied.... also, my Borders box set section was destroyed too.. and the computer said the set was "on its way"... but i asked them to check if they had it and there were copies in the back.[/quote]

I don't lie. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:The coupon ended yesterday and the other guy said he was going to try and go out and use it today. Learn to read.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I don't lie. :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:The coupon ended yesterday and the other guy said he was going to try and go out and use it today. Learn to read.[/quote]

DestroVega's post was in response to post #27. He should've used the quote function to make it clear.

[quote name='rapsodist']DestroVega's post was in response to post #27. He should've used the quote function to make it clear.[/quote]

yes, I should have used the qoutes.... sorry.

bread's done
Back