Blank CDR in a new factory sealed copy of The Saboteur (360)

Zaggart

CAGiversary!
Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Normally I don't buy games new but I had a gift card for Meijers and of course, Nazi killing is always awesome.

The game was factory sealed (I could tell from previous years in retail) and had two security seals, side and bottom. But lo and behold, it contained not the game disc but a Memorex CDR! wtf? I'd love to go bitch to Meijers about it, but if I were them I'd be pretty skeptical so I think I just spent $40 on a coaster. Any suggestions?

I wonder if you took it up w/ the manufacturer - see what they say? If somebody did it during packaging..maybe it's happened before...couldn't hurt, right?

But there's little chance the store would take you seriously...especially since it was sealed....

congrats, you got the lucky plain disc version.......id ask meijers, then id contact the distributor. theyll probably say no, but its worth a try

Nevermind folks.. The righteous rage got a hold of me and I went and asked them to exchange it. There was gratuitous eye-rolling and after scanning my ID she did type a bunch of stuff on her screen, but they did it. I probably have a satellite scanning my house right now for a second disc that doesn't exist. lol

Wtf? No pics?

lol just kidding but damn I'm actually surprised they believed you. Glad you got it worked out OP

Its more common then you think. Every few months someone posts something like this on CAG. I yell at people to open their games at the store. And then someone posts about keeping their games sealed until the second they feel like playing it in order to keep the value of the game.

Then I question the logic in keeping sealed games in your backlog when games depeciate in value so fast anyway.

Target Clearance games are notorious for having CDR or AOL cds in them. My buddy worked Security at target and said it was pretty common. It can happen any place along the retail distribution chain from the factory to the delivery to stocking the shelf to a customer messing with the game in store or when the are returning the game.

Listen to Kingdox on this one: Just open your games at the store kids.

Yeah when I buy games now, I open them right away even if I don't plan on playing it for a while just to make sure the disc/the right disc is in there.

[quote name='KingDox']I yell at people to open their games at the store. And then someone posts about keeping their games sealed until the second they feel like playing it in order to keep the new game smell.
[/QUOTE]

fixed.

I bought a copy of the Labyrinth on DVD a few years ago for my girl's X-mas present.

She opened it up and put it in right away. We watch the previews and get to the menu and we see the DVD menu for Das Boot.

Crazy shit happens, but they refunded our money too. Glad to see you got your exchange. :)

Glad they did it for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if stores starting forcing customers to take up these issues with the manufacturer. It's more likely to have happened at the store than at the factory, but I can see stores getting more leery as this happens more and more.

[quote name='Zaggart']Has anyone had anything like this happen before? Normally I don't buy games new but I had a gift card for Meijers and of course, Nazi killing is always awesome.

The game was factory sealed (I could tell from previous years in retail) and had two security seals, side and bottom. But lo and behold, it contained not the game disc but a Memorex CDR! wtf? I'd love to go bitch to Meijers about it, but if I were them I'd be pretty skeptical so I think I just spent $40 on a coaster. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Someone did a excellent resealing job and returned it?

Thanks guys, I will definitely open any new games from now on before I leave the store. It was totally factory sealed or I would have done so. I was thinking what better way to end St. Paddy's week than with a case of green (bottles, anyway) Heinekens and a pissed off Irishman killing Nazi's so I was glad they did the exchange. It's a pretty sweet game so far, although I think the magic number would be closer to $30 for me.

It can be done very easily and quickly and still look factory sealed. I am more than willing to bet it wasn't factory sealed and just looked like it was. It literally takes about 10 seconds to get a disk out of a sealed case if you know how to do it. It takes a VERY scrutinous eye to tell that it had been opened.

Stuff like this does happen. I bough star wars: clone wars on ebay, the movie was sealed and had the security stickers but the case had no movie.

At least the seller was pretty cool about it and sent another one.

bread's done
Back