Blast Works for Wii $29.99 at Blockbuster B&M

djpookie2000

CAGiversary!
I know there is a seperate thread for Blockbuster and Game Rush, but I didn't want this to be lost with all the posts.

My local Blockbuster in Dallas, TX, one without a GR, has Blast Works for the Wii for 29.99. $10 less than all the other stores. I bought one myself and love it. Great game if you like old shmups for the 80s and 90s.

Yeah, I already posted this in said Blockbuster thread and was met there with massive indifference (as most people there only want to talk about flipping). I was pretty surprised to find out it was $10 more everywhere else. I probably wouldn't have bought it for $40 (even in cheap Blockbuster credit) but at $30 it was worth it. My kids have played it - I need to try it out tonight.

So, I would normally merge something like this into the Blockbuster thread but it is a genuine deal ($10 less than everywhere else) and most people probably aren't even aware their local Blockbuster sells new games, so we can leave it for a bit.

Note also that many Blockbusters have Lost Planet Colonies for sale (regular $30). Not as big a deal, but since I never saw it at Target, for example, someone might want to snag it from Blockbuster. But also notable in that this is the first time I've seen a regular Blockbuster carry a "greatest hits" type game - they usually only stock the major new releases. If they keep this up they will become my main source of new games (and note I'm talking a regular non-Gamerush store).

This is the "Katamari shooter" game right? Looks pretty good...I generally like more traditional shmups so I'll probably have to watch some vids on it before I buy it.

Wow, I'm glad I picked it up there. I figured 29.99 was MSRP on it.

I still have yet to play it (maybe tonight), as I picked up Boom Blox at the same time and have been loving that.

Yeah, I kind of thought this was retail, so it's a surprise. I still don't think I can get excited about it, but thanks for the heads up!

I was really hoping to pick this up today, but the Blockbuster near me only has six Wii games for sale and this wasn't one of them.

[quote name='rainking187']I was really hoping to pick this up today, but the Blockbuster near me only has six Wii games for sale and this wasn't one of them.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask if they had it? Keep in mind they put out display boxes for the games and often they don't get around to doing it right away. They had nothing out at my local store either, so I asked and they looked it up on the computer and then pulled it out of a drawer. Other than that, they only have about 6 Wii games for sale - that is typical. Thing is, Blast Works is one of them ;).

Is there any way I could get Circuit City to price match Blockbuster's price and still get the giftcard from CC?

So basically I pay $30 AND get a $10 giftcard?

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Is there any way I could get Circuit City to price match Blockbuster's price and still get the giftcard from CC?

So basically I pay $30 AND get a $10 giftcard?[/QUOTE]

:whee:

[quote name='nintendokingdom']Is there any way I could get Circuit City to price match Blockbuster's price and still get the giftcard from CC?

So basically I pay $30 AND get a $10 giftcard?[/quote]Good idea...but I don't think so. They don't list it with an in-store price on their website (so you could print and pricematch) and I haven't seen a BB/GR flyer or ad with Blast Works listed.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go by one and see if they have any flyers or such in-store.

What it boils down to is that you have to show proof it can be purchased at that price.

EDIT: It can be done, though...I did it earlier this year at BB, PMing CC.

EDIT EDIT: OK, now I have an idea...I'll get Blast Works at CC, then use my credit to get it at GR, take the GR receipt to CC for 110% pricematch/adjustment...and then return a copy to GR. Thoughts? Does CC PM receipts? I know BB (Best Buy) does.

EDIT x3: Hmmm...CC's price guarantee says competitor's 'advertised' price, but nothing about bringing in a competitor's receipt. Anyone do this before?

Thank you, nintendokingdom, for giving me one more thing to obsess about.

What if......yeah this is a lot of work.......but what if I purchase it at blockbuster....and then return it, but keep the reciept.

Take the reciept up to Circuit City and prove it to them that way, that the price is $30 at BBV?

The only reason I care so much, is because I have a Circuit City Rewards Credit Card and they're sending me a $30 giftcard. I figure......add the $30 card with the $10 card and I could get Okami (which I really want)

[quote name='nintendokingdom']What if...[/quote]Well, yeah, that's basically what I was talking about, except I wasn't talking about returning it before trying to PM at CC. I'm not sure if BB/GR would let you keep the receipt if returned first or if CC will PM a receipt.

I need to check BB/GR's return policy.

[quote name='confoosious']:whee:[/quote]Soon, you too shall get used to this way of thinking, young padawan.

Most likely CC will either let you PM the price or take their promo, not both, as that is their policy.

[quote name='CircuitCity.com']Q: Can I combine a price match with a separate offer from Circuit City?
A: No, you have the choice of the local competitor's offer and price OR our offer and price, but not both. For example, you cannot receive a price match on an item and then apply a coupon or other form of savings to further reduce the price.[/QUOTE]

This is a great deal. I picked this game up for retail and have no regrets. One of the few Wii games I think is worthy of its retail price.

[quote name='sp00ge']Most likely CC will either let you PM the price or take their promo, not both, as that is their policy.[/quote]Yeah, I kind of figured they wouldn't let you do that up front after reading the policy, but was wondering if they'd PM after the fact with a BB/GR receipt...

bread's done
Back