Blazblue art book $15 includes shipping

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Seems that Arksys has added the sought after Blazblue Artbook to their website's store for $15. This is going for $50+ on eBay so It'd be worth it for those still looking for one.

You'll find it at the bottom of the page
http://www.aksysgames.com/store/

Also this is my first deal post so if this item should be in another forum feel free to move it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thing is like, wafer-thin, somewhere around 20 pages. Unless you LOVE Blazblue it's totally not worth it. I'd value it at $5, max.

[quote name='fighted']anyone else getting an error when they attempt to check out through paypal?[/QUOTE]

I got an error the first time I tried, but I went in a second time and it worked. Then I had to check and make sure I didn't order two of these!

[quote name='Teeheehee']Thanks! In 4 1. The artbook actually tempted me to order BlazBlue LE, even though I don't have a 360 nor a PS3.[/QUOTE]

Why? What's so special about it? A drawing of a girl on front cover? You can get scans for free.

[quote name='redroversk']This thing is like, wafer-thin, somewhere around 20 pages. Unless you LOVE Blazblue it's totally not worth it. I'd value it at $5, max.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've flipped through it, really nothing special. Every character doing a couple of poses, a few random shots, and that's it. Nothing titillating like the cover if that's what you're after ;), and pretty short overall.

[quote name='dallow']167 left.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many they produced... it doesn't like it was very limited.

[quote name='redroversk']This thing is like, wafer-thin, somewhere around 20 pages. Unless you LOVE Blazblue it's totally not worth it. I'd value it at $5, max.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd jump on this if either the artbook was longer or the price was cheaper. I really wanted this but $15 for this is not a must buy for me.

[quote name='Chronis']Yeah, I'd jump on this if either the artbook was longer or the price was cheaper. I really wanted this but $15 for this is not a must buy for me.[/QUOTE]

So buy 2, and sell one and get them both for free :D.

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder how many they produced... it doesn't like it was very limited.[/QUOTE]

Unless "limited" items of this nature are numbered (i.e. 145/2000), they can make as many as they want. It's like those exclusive limited edition DVDs that keep coming out... and then after that runs out they just come out with the ultimate super duper edition.

[quote name='the_punisher']So buy 2, and sell one and get them both for free :D.[/QUOTE]

Unlikely. Prices on Ebay will be $15 or less within 24 hours given the new glut of them that just showed up.

Damn, didn't think they'd print more!

Welp, I guess I can't cancel my order eh? I only intended to flip and knew it was a gamble. Lost this time.

[quote name='dallow']Damn, didn't think they'd print more!

Welp, I guess I can't cancel my order eh? I only intended to flip and knew it was a gamble. Lost this time.[/QUOTE]

well perhaps years from now it will be worth like $20 or something haha

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Why? What's so special about it? A drawing of a girl on front cover? You can get scans for free.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what's in there, but I'm a artbook whore. I preordered games that I don't have much interest in playing just for their artbooks (Luminous Arc 2, Knights in the Nightmare, Persona 3, FES, 4). I also buy a lot of strategy guides, and not penny ones either.

[quote name='Teeheehee']I don't even know what's in there, but I'm a artbook whore. I preordered games that I don't have much interest in playing just for their artbooks (Luminous Arc 2, Knights in the Nightmare, Persona 3, FES, 4). I also buy a lot of strategy guides, and not penny ones either.[/QUOTE]

I would hesitate to call this an artbook. The Atlus books at least have some pages to them and a sturdy binding. This is literally a light 20 page magazine style deal. Really not worth anything IMHO and I think it's kind of tacky to be selling this instead of actually giving them away to people who bought the game.

Well, I guess I can't cancel since their CS operates M-F only. I didn't realize it was going to be such a lame artbook or I wouldn't have bought it. Oh well. My fault. X_X

[quote name='bojay1997']I would hesitate to call this an artbook. The Atlus books at least have some pages to them and a sturdy binding. This is literally a light 20 page magazine style deal. Really not worth anything IMHO and I think it's kind of tacky to be selling this instead of actually giving them away to people who bought the game.[/QUOTE]

I would sum up the reaction like this....

- Blazblue fans are not happy with it.
- Those expecting an 'artbook' are not happy with it.
- Collectors are happy with it.
- Those that sold it are the happiest of all :lol:

Strategy guides are nice because they have art and information(even if it is mostly stuff you can get free on the internet...it has colors!!), and big artbooks seem to be cool. I bought the artbook for Okami, and it's freaking thick. I think it was 20 beans? Guess my first artbook from buying a new game will be demon's souls. After looking at the book for this, I'm pretty much in agreement that this should have been standard with anyone buying the game or should be selling standalone for a lot less.

these are probably all the art books gs wouldn't give away because of the graphic content, they had to get rid of them somehow.

i'm sure price will be back up in a few months.

Just for fun, I put in 1,000,000 copies and the cart still takes it without complain for a grand total of $15 millions. It doesn't seem like the cart actually verifies stock availability, or did they actually print tons of them :shock:

The artbook doesn't say it's a limited edition. Only the LE game does. Aksys can reprint as many and as often as they want if there is a demand for it since it's just good profits for them.

Anyway, tempted to get another copy to replace my slightly messed up copy from GS. I guess I'll let it slide and do it later.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would hesitate to call this an artbook. The Atlus books at least have some pages to them and a sturdy binding. This is literally a light 20 page magazine style deal. Really not worth anything IMHO and I think it's kind of tacky to be selling this instead of actually giving them away to people who bought the game.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because the game, a soundtrack (48 tracks in total on two-discs) CD, and extras DVD for the same price as any other game, wasn't good enough for you? They sure as hell didn't have to do that and yet, they did. Now you want more?

I paid $10 for mine and don't regret it at all. If ANY of that money goes back to AkSys in some way, I'll be happy because they deserve it for making a great 2D fighting game.

[quote name='dualedge2']I paid $10 for mine and don't regret it at all. If ANY of that money goes back to AkSys in some way, I'll be happy because they deserve it for making a great 2D fighting game.[/QUOTE]
they also DON'T deserve it for making a shit 2D art pamphlet

[quote name='Mr. Spinnington']they also DON'T deserve it for making a shit 2D art pamphlet[/QUOTE]

What, did mommy not read you a bedtime story last night?

Calm the fuck down, if people don't want to buy it, they don't have to. :roll:

[quote name='dualedge2']Why? Because the game, a soundtrack (48 tracks in total on two-discs) CD, and extras DVD for the same price as any other game, wasn't good enough for you? They sure as hell didn't have to do that and yet, they did. Now you want more?

I paid $10 for mine and don't regret it at all. If ANY of that money goes back to AkSys in some way, I'll be happy because they deserve it for making a great 2D fighting game.[/QUOTE]

No, I think the game is amazing and I love that they didn't really charge extra for the LE. A lot of that goodwill goes away though when they jerk people around who preordered and didn't receive an "artbook" because it was allegedly sold out and then magically hundreds or thousands of these start showing up at Anime Expo and their site at $10-$15. That's not cool with me.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, I think the game is amazing and I love that they didn't really charge extra for the LE. A lot of that goodwill goes away though when they jerk people around who preordered and didn't receive an "artbook" because it was allegedly sold out and then magically hundreds or thousands of these start showing up at Anime Expo and their site at $10-$15. That's not cool with me.[/QUOTE]

Well, Gamestop only recieved a certain stock, probably some sort of initial print. Once the orders filled, they ran out. I doubt Aksys was holding out thousands of copies, in fact, I think that Aksys is reprinting these things knowing that they'll sell. I think its a good thing, infusing the market with more copies to bring down ebay prices and such. In fact, Im glad that they're not charging for more, knowing that they could probably get away with $25 or some number like that with market prices. And for the record, I was one of those preorders that got screwed out.

[quote name='CaoPi']$15 ship is way too much for a book![/QUOTE]

$15 is too much for this "book". I paid $25 for Okami artbook and IMO it was well worth it. Unbelievable what passes off as "artbook" these days. I think the main reason this one is so popular is because there's a drawing of a girl in mini skirt on the cover.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']$15 is too much for this "book". I paid $25 for Okami artbook and IMO it was well worth it. Unbelievable what passes off as "artbook" these days. I think the main reason this one is so popular is because there's a drawing of a girl in mini skirt on the cover.[/QUOTE]

They probably printed these specifically to sell just because everyone was pissed off that they didn't get one. There was no guarantee that people were going to get this artbook, and the people who did got them for free.

Honestly, it's supply and demand. You don't have to buy the damn thing, so don't.

By the way, the Okami artbook you're referring to retails at $39.99. Just because it dropped in price doesn't mean that it's the standard by which artbooks should be measured.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit'] I think the main reason this one is so popular is because there's a drawing of a girl in mini skirt on the cover.[/QUOTE]

And it's funny how that isn't carried over at all into the book itself ;)

Got mine in the mail today via FC mail, ordered mine Wed 7/22. Didn't get any ship notice or anything. They ship out of southern California (literally 5 miles from me) so figure out standard USPS transit time from there

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Got mine in the mail today via FC mail, ordered mine Wed 7/22. Didn't get any ship notice or anything. They ship out of southern California (literally 5 miles from me) so figure out standard USPS transit time from there[/QUOTE]
ah great to hear. how was the condition of the book?

[quote name='Steve0Matic']Got mine in the mail today via FC mail, ordered mine Wed 7/22. Didn't get any ship notice or anything. They ship out of southern California (literally 5 miles from me) so figure out standard USPS transit time from there[/QUOTE]

wow...i ordered mine on wednesday evening and live in SoCal as well. hopefully i get mine today too.

bread's done
Back