BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MarkMan']If you haven't preordered yet, get on this game.

I've been having fun with it for awhile now. This game is no joke.

If anyone has any questions on the game let me know and I'll try to give my 2 cents asap.[/QUOTE]

Which is the version to get PS3 or 360?

To me they were equal. Load times on the 360 version when installed on HDD are good. I haven't tried the PS3 version in comparison (load time wise) as of yet though.

At any rate, get the one you think you'll have the most fun playing on.

I haven't played the 360 version on the controller yet, I've been using sticks for it. I'll try it out with control pad to see if it is manageable.

[quote name='MarkMan']To me they were equal. Load times on the 360 version when installed on HDD are good. I haven't tried the PS3 version in comparison (load time wise) as of yet though.

At any rate, get the one you think you'll have the most fun playing on.

I haven't played the 360 version on the controller yet, I've been using sticks for it. I'll try it out with control pad to see if it is manageable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Was just wondering if there were any huge differences. I have a stick for the 360 so the controller is no issues. Thanks again for your input.

[quote name='ChaosLlama']BlazBlue is something new and fresh, it's always nice to see a new franchise instead of another fighting game sequel.[/QUOTE]
Umm, you do know it pretty much a reskinned Guilty Gear right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't really call it a "new franchise".

[quote name='Traitorious']Umm, you do know it pretty much a reskinned Guilty Gear right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't really call it a "new franchise".[/QUOTE]

It is a completely new set of characters and backgrounds, a completely original story and all new moves. Yes, the basic play mechanics might be similar to Guilty Gear, but that doesn't make it any less of a new game or franchise.

I was wondering if this games is hard to pick up and play, i've seen vids of some flashy moves, are those hard to pull off?

[quote name='ify15']I was wondering if this games is hard to pick up and play, i've seen vids of some flashy moves, are those hard to pull off?[/QUOTE]
I hear it's supposed to be easier to pick up that Guilty Gear.

[quote name='bojay1997']It is a completely new set of characters and backgrounds, a completely original story and all new moves. Yes, the basic play mechanics might be similar to Guilty Gear, but that doesn't make it any less of a new game or franchise.[/QUOTE]the basic gameplay is totally different.

the similarities between the two:

chain style combos.
roman cancels rapid cancels
barrier defense and insta block
ukemi options

basically, it's like saying tekken and vf are similar becoz in both games u can block and stand up from knockdown.

BlazBlue has crafted an extremely unique playstyle for each character that not only does the game itself play uniquely, but so do each and every character. You're pretty much getting 12 games as each characters feels like you're playing a different game.

[quote name='JEKKI']
BlazBlue has crafted an extremely unique playstyle for each character that not only does the game itself play uniquely, but so do each and every character. You're pretty much getting 12 games as each characters feels like you're playing a different game.[/QUOTE]
I was having second thoughts, but you just made me keep my preorder.

[quote name='Guerrilla']I was having second thoughts, but you just made me keep my preorder.[/QUOTE]

In case anyone is having doubts about the Premium Pack being worth pre-ordering, it looks like Gamestop is listing the game-only version for the same $60 with a release date of late July 2009. So, it seems like they are anticipating being sold out within 30 days or less on this very neat collector's edition.

[quote name='MarkMan']Seriously.. reskinned guilty gear?

This game is hot... It is very unique as JEKKI touched upon...[/QUOTE]I guess that's enough endorsement for me.

I wonder if Best Buy takes orders for this. I have $30 in credit there and I don't mind missing out on the artbook.

I just don't know which version to choose! I do most of my gaming on 360, but my PS3 is always hooked up to my HDTV, and it does come with a Blu-Ray. Hmmm....

[quote name='ChaosLlama']I used the SAVER code to get free shipping on this from GS. How long does that usually take to arrive?[/QUOTE]

Keep watching, it'll probably get updated to 3-day UPS like the rest of us. Otherwise, you're looking at about 10 days from my experience.

I just preordered this game. I know it comes out in 2 weeks, but I hope I get that Artbook to go with it.

[quote name='thelonepig']Keep watching, it'll probably get updated to 3-day UPS like the rest of us. Otherwise, you're looking at about 10 days from my experience.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. How long after you ordered did it update? Mine still says 5-10 days +2 for processing.

[quote name='ChaosLlama']That would be nice. How long after you ordered did it update? Mine still says 5-10 days +2 for processing.[/QUOTE]

It took about a week, IIRC.

Does anyone NOT have their Artbook "Backordered"? I'm wondering if anything's changed since I last checked in here and a search yielded nothing.

this game is a lot more pad friendly than Guilty Gear is.

for one, no frame specific roman cancel inputs.

secondly, if you hold down an attack button, the game registers that input for five frames which makes combos easier to perform.

altho that 2nd one isnt really a pad benefit moreso than an overall execution one...

haven't really looked into this game yet but i preordered it anyways knowing it's the next ggxx. but they took out RC?? man using FRC in your combo was one of the funnest part of ggxx. and too bad they don't have a character using a large scythe who laughs uncontrolably when getting hit

they took out frame specific false roman cancel.

regular 50% meter roman cancel, now called Rapid Cancel, is still in the game.

i see. i use the FRC more often tho, because it uses only 25% meter and is harder to pull off. thus more satisfying to unleash the combo onto your opponent.

Since the game is released in Japan, people have been reporting that apparently the PS3 version supports Remote Play so you can play it on the go on your PSP.

Each character will have 3 endings, with over 30 hours of story voice overs in both Japanese and English, and there are multiple story paths for each character during the story mode. Remote Play could come in handy to see all the story and get the trophies even if you are away from home.

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1132.html
http://geyogeyo.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-06-24-1

03ea635f-s.jpg

2009-06-24T12:18:03-d012f.jpg

[quote name='GuardianE']Does anyone NOT have their Artbook "Backordered"? I'm wondering if anything's changed since I last checked in here and a search yielded nothing.[/QUOTE]

Mine also says it's Backordered. But people have been saying that there should be enough for everyone that's preordered or something. I preordered mine about 8 days ago and I'm hoping I get the artbook as well. I'm sure by Monday or Tuesday we'll know if we've gotten the artbook with our shipment.

wait.. so you'd be able to play Blazblue on the psp away from home? How would that work? Are you going to be able to move the game onto the psp in low resolution or something?

[quote name='gacktplays']Since the game is released in Japan, people have been reporting that apparently the PS3 version supports Remote Play so you can play it on the go on your PSP.

Each character will have 3 endings, with over 30 hours of story voice overs in both Japanese and English, and there are multiple story paths for each character during the story mode. Remote Play could come in handy to see all the story and get the trophies even if you are away from home.

http://hatimaki.blog110.fc2.com/blog-entry-1132.html
http://geyogeyo.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-06-24-1

03ea635f-s.jpg

2009-06-24T12:18:03-d012f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think you don't really understand what Remote Play is. All that it allows you to do is use your PSP as a controller/monitor for a game being streamed off your PS3. You can't go out of the PSPs wireless range which is roughly a few rooms away from wherever your PS3 is in your house or download the game to the PSP. In theory, if you have your PS3 set up as part of your home server system and you can otherwise access it remotely, you could stream the game if you have access to a wi-fi connection remotely, but I think for all practical purposes there would be way too much lag if you are any distance away. Basically, remote play might be useful if you only have one television where your PS3 is hooked up and another family member is watching it, but if you think playing a fighting game is hard with a standard controller on a big TV, just try it with the relatively poor PSP controller and a tiny monitor. Remote play is a neat feature with very, very limited real-world applications.

[quote name='aaronyu2']wait.. so you'd be able to play Blazblue on the psp away from home? How would that work? Are you going to be able to move the game onto the psp in low resolution or something?[/QUOTE]

Basically, you set up your ps3 as an access point on your PSP. Then you can remotely turn on your ps3 and play PS1 titles, very few PS3 titles, music, and videos(iirc) through your psp. Basically a remote connection

Bojay, I thought you could access it from any WiFi hotspot?

Remote play is rad as hell.
I currently only have one TV, so the feature may actually be useful to me. Rad.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Basically, you set up your ps3 as an access point on your PSP. Then you can remotely turn on your ps3 and play PS1 titles, very few PS3 titles, music, and videos(iirc) through your psp. Basically a remote connection

Bojay, I thought you could access it from any WiFi hotspot?[/QUOTE]

You can as long as your PS3 is part of your home network and you don't have a firewall set. I'm not aware of any games that will allow remote play over distance wi-fi, however, simply because the lag is too great. The people I know who use this feature typically use it to stream videos and music where there is buffering and no need for simultaneous high speed two way communication between the PSP and the remote PS3.

[quote name='bojay1997']I think you don't really understand what Remote Play is. All that it allows you to do is use your PSP as a controller/monitor for a game being streamed off your PS3. You can't go out of the PSPs wireless range which is roughly a few rooms away from wherever your PS3 is in your house or download the game to the PSP. [/QUOTE]
I think you are the one who don't really know what Remote Play is.
Don't own a PSP and PS3 or never tried Remote Play? Well it always asks you to connect locally or via internet whenever you use Remote Play.
You can stream movies and music and some games EVEN IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME, all you gotta do is assign your PSP to your PS3 once and it takes about a minute to do:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/2_60/remoteplay/remoteinternet.html

[quote name='jacknicklson']
Bojay, I thought you could access it from any WiFi hotspot?[/QUOTE]
Yes he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you use wireless or multiple routers for your PS3 connection at home it might not work though, so wired is the best.
On the PSP side all you need is the ability to connect your PSP to the internet, you can not watch bluray or DVD's (copyright reasons?), but you can power on/off your PS3, watch whatever movies/music that's stored on the PS3 (or portable) HDD and stream it to your PSP via the net.

Even w/ the lag playing via internet (ok for pixlejunk games), it is useful for Blazblue just to get through the story mode to unlock stuff, since there are 3 endings per character and it's gonna take a long time to get through everybody's story mode routes.

03ea635f-s.jpg

Looks like people that ordered from Gamestop and Amazon are starting to get charged for the game. I was. hopefully this means they are shipping such that we receive them close to release day.

Im getting kinda worried, I ordered about 2 days or so ago, and the artbook still hasnt showed up in my order, and now the entire offer is gone

[quote name='gacktplays']I think you are the one who don't really know what Remote Play is.
Don't own a PSP and PS3 or never tried Remote Play? Well it always asks you to connect locally or via internet whenever you use Remote Play.
You can stream movies and music and some games EVEN IF YOU ARE AWAY FROM HOME, all you gotta do is assign your PSP to your PS3 once and it takes about a minute to do:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/2_60/remoteplay/remoteinternet.html

Yes he doesn't know what he's talking about. If you use wireless or multiple routers for your PS3 connection at home it might not work though, so wired is the best.
On the PSP side all you need is the ability to connect your PSP to the internet, you can not watch bluray or DVD's (copyright reasons?), but you can power on/off your PS3, watch whatever movies/music that's stored on the PS3 (or portable) HDD and stream it to your PSP via the net.

Even w/ the lag playing via internet (ok for pixlejunk games), it is useful for Blazblue just to get through the story mode to unlock stuff, since there are 3 endings per character and it's gonna take a long time to get through everybody's story mode routes.

03ea635f-s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did you even bother to read my posts? I clearly stated that you can use remote play over wi-fi for streaming audio and video. You can also use it for remote gameplay, but nobody does it because the lag is too great. Even with great wi-fi connectivity on both ends, you are looking at 5-7 seconds of lag. That makes it impossible to play any game, let alone a fighting game that requires instant response. The story mode doesn't magically upload to your PSP just because you are connected by wi-fi remote play, it still has to stream and it still requires selection using the buttons and controller and lag kills it to the point of being unplayable. Just because you can technically do something doesn't mean people will. For purposes of this game, the only practical use for remote play will be within your own home.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Collectordragon']The artbook is no longer mentioned on the website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just checked also. Probably did that so they can gather all the orders so they can get all the artbooks together for everyone that preordered before today.

Checked my order, as I saw the authorization on my CC from GS.com, and it's showing the artbook added as a line-item to my order.

Now, we'll just have to see if it ships or not.

bread's done
Back