BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havok83']Was this a very limited release bc I cant find it stocked anywhere near me[/QUOTE]

Its near impossible to determine how many were distributed in the first print but I would guess about 30-40,000

Second print(game only) should be here in a few weeks so getting the game won't be a problem. The LE could potentially become hard to find thanks to the great buzz this game is getting

I picked one up today since all the Best Buys near me have it back ordered. I'm not a hater but I usually don't care for anime games with a big flair for the ridiculous.

The game is quite good though and works great with my TE stick. The main reason for my early purchase is the LE stuff and the three major things I have to say are:

1. All 3 discs come on one mount which is lame.

2.The soundtrack is surprisingly great, especially great for fighting game and will probably be one of the first game sountracks I've listened to in a long time.

3. The strategy DVD is fantastic. I have never seen a better strategy guide included before and aside from the weird IGN thing it just seems a like a great primer for experimenting with other characters. I'm sure it will eventually end up on YouTube but it's great to have it accessible whenever I want.

[quote name='Traitorious']Ok, I received a reply from Amazon already.

Apparently they just started receiving their allotted copies of the game either really late last night or this morning. So they've been matching up orders to get them out. The CS rep said that they'd start shipping today (I think he meant to say July 2, but typoed July 1 imo, especially since the item page still says July 3rd is when its in stock).

Anyway, he saw that there was a delay between release day and the game even starting to ship, could not upgrade me to overnight shipping since they are already too close to shipping them out (if they indeed go out today, but I haven't been charged yet, still pending), but was able to refund my 2-day shipping costs. So they will be out on the trucks within 24 hours I guess.[/QUOTE]

I have prime (so "free" 2 day shipping), but hope it shows up by the 3rd, otherwise I won't get it until after the long weekend. :cry:

hey if you don't want the art book i'll take it. my friend got me the game at a local gamestop for my bday...but didnt get the art book. i have a pretty big collection of art books and would love this one.

Might want to wait for a "proper" artbook down the line. At least your chances of it getting smashed will be less :(

Oh well, time to use some giant books to see if they can erase some of the damage.

Traded in Mirror's Edge (done with it), Folklore, and Bond (b1g1 at BBV) for Fight Night, went straight to another store and got Blazblue for Freeeee! Really 15 bucks, but I'm damned please. Haven't even opened it yet. I almost don't want to...it looks too damn good.

[quote name='Gatchaman']Anyone who ordered from Amazon have it ship yet? Still waiting here.

Gatcha~[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped a couple hours ago.

My order got canceled due to invalid CC billing address, which is totally bogus since i used the same CC ordered RB2 and the TE stick....

I ordered 2 copies (one from Gamestop for artbook, one from Amazon to keep). My gamestop one shipped yesterday, arrived today (with 3 day select UPS... that's pretty awesome). My Amazon one shipped today, estimated to arrive the 3rd. I complained about the late shipping too but got the same bs answer so whatever... (I paid for 1 day shipping, but after being told that, I just put it back to free 2 day prime shipping, get my $3.99 back)

Gamestop just tossed my game and artbook into a bubble envelope so both are a bit damaged... sigh.

Looking forward to returning the Amazon copy to Gamestop to get my money back on Sunday or Monday, since it's supposed to arrive Friday.

[quote name='AkariK']I ordered 2 copies (one from Gamestop for artbook, one from Amazon to keep). My gamestop one shipped yesterday, arrived today (with 3 day select UPS... that's pretty awesome). My Amazon one shipped today, estimated to arrive the 3rd. I complained about the late shipping too but got the same bs answer so whatever... (I paid for 1 day shipping, but after being told that, I just put it back to free 2 day prime shipping, get my $3.99 back)

Gamestop just tossed my game and artbook into a bubble envelope so both are a bit damaged... sigh.

Looking forward to returning the Amazon copy to Gamestop to get my money back on Sunday or Monday, since it's supposed to arrive Friday.[/QUOTE]
You should just return the GS damaged copy to them since they didn't care enough to ship it in a padded envelope in the first place, well, assuming you have the patience not to open it up but wait for your amazon copy.

I'm fully expecting my art book to be warped when I get it. It's averaging 107~ degrees every day now and the heat isn't kind on anything.

I got my artbook and game today. One day after release isn't so bad. It actually came packaged awesome! It was in a box that was big enough to fit everything and padded with one of those Amazon bubbles. Excellent shape. Thanks GS!

another sad story:

i got my gs package today. gs! there's a huge bend/crush mark on the cover of the artbook where the blazblue sign is. the ups box came intact. so it probably have happened during packaging. there was protective wrapping for the game. but i guess since the game is shorter than the artbook. they crunched each other.

overall, impressed by the bonus guide disk. =)

any advice to fix the artbook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow sounds like it was a roll of the dice whether or not you got an art book in decent shape. Seriously, would it have killed them to package these things such that they weren't damaged. Free doesn't mean worthless.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wow sounds like it was a roll of the dice whether or not you got an art book in decent shape. Seriously, would it have killed them to package these things such that they weren't damaged. Free doesn't mean worthless.[/QUOTE]

Don't think GameStop employees are paid enough to care, sadly. As with all things GameStop, it is a MAJOR roll of the dice on whether or not your stuff arrives in pristine/good condition or damaged.

[quote name='miriamleo']Is this game only available retail in Gamestop?
I don't see it anywhere like BB or Target.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to get it at most Best Buys. The website says "Available" at all the stores in my area.

The mom and pop shop where i preordered is getting their shipment in today, I'll be picking this up on my way home. Can't wait for this.

This game is so awesome. I'm so glad I spent the extra money buying it from Gamestop over Amazon. The artbook is great! I love the fact that it contains the background story, move lists, and exclusive artwork. IMO, this game is much easier to learn than Guilty Gear. The fact that there is a story mode plus online play makes it even sweeter.

[quote name='pjb16']I have prime (so "free" 2 day shipping), but hope it shows up by the 3rd, otherwise I won't get it until after the long weekend. :cry:[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped out yesterday evening (around 7:45pm CST) from Amazon. It looks like they upgraded me to one-day shipping as the estimated delivery date in the shipping confirmation email is July 3rd instead of July 6th now. We'll see come tomorrow...

[quote name='jman619']This makes me wish I pre-ordered it. If I buy it now where ever I still get the le,but no art book. =/[/QUOTE]

$42.23 now. And they say the economy is in shambles. :)

[quote name='thelonepig']$42.23 now. And they say the economy is in shambles. :)[/QUOTE]

I know selling right now is the best time, the book is limited but in time it'll go down in value. i wouldn't sell my book since it's the only reason I bought it from gamestop (hate giving gamestop money) and not my beloved amazon.

amazon is preparing to ship my order.. estimated delivery 7/6... but they adjusted the price to match the new price on their site.. that's $1 off.. oh well

Wow Gamestop WOW. I just got my package.

Opened it up and the Art book is TORN on the first three pages including the cover. It's maybe half an inch long and on the edge halfway down the side. To put icing on the cake the box was dented on the corner. That alone doesn't bother me since I always manage to put dents or ruin cardboard boxes as I open them. But after opening the package the game case was CRACKED.

Do you guys think GameStop would let me return this?

[quote name='adamantypants']Wow Gamestop WOW. I just got my package.

Opened it up and the Art book is TORN on the first three pages including the cover. It's maybe half an inch long and on the edge halfway down the side. To put icing on the cake the box was dented on the corner. That alone doesn't bother me since I always manage to put dents or ruin cardboard boxes as I open them. But after opening the package the game case was CRACKED.

Do you guys think GameStop would let me return this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, though you won't be getting a replacement artbook sadly. You could try contacting Aksys as I'm sure they kept some behind.

Amazon was a huge let-down on this one. I got a 10% off coupon from Best Buy for use only this weekend starting today, so I just went there and picked it up. Cost me a few extra bucks, but having it this weekend was worth it.

I read in a review it has dual-language options.

An excerpt from the IGN review:

Sound
Sweet tunes and dual-language voice over make this a real treat to listen to.

Also, if you watch the Video Review, the reviewer has languages set to Japanese :lol:

[quote name='Gamelore']Does the game have optional Japanese naration/dialog? Not sure if I'd prefer this from play-asia.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does.

bread's done
Back