Blazblue CS 19.99 @ Gamestop for ps3/360

Insane dead

CAGiversary!
Hey, I did a search to see if this was posted but i didn't see any threads.

I just got back from gamestop and Blazblue Continuum Shift is 19.99 for the 360 and ps3

The used versions seem to be 24.99 each though. I'm not sure if it will go down in price.

Amazon appears to have the PS3 version (should be first listing) in stock for $19.99, as well, which is probably more appealing than going to GS.

The 360 version, though, is still ~$23 used/~$25 new there, so those who want the 360 version are stuck with trying GS.

Why is it that 9/10 times that a deal is posted, people are wondering if Amazon will price match? (Not saying that is what the case is here.) Is it because of the free shipping and no tax? The additional points that get placed if the Amazon credit card gets used? The fact that they may have some Amazon store credit? All the above? I love Amazon, just curious as you why you never see a "I wonder if Wal-Mart will match that price" :lol:

I have to go to GS tomorrow so I'll probably pick this up while I'm there. Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='wargod']Why is it that 9/10 times that a deal is posted, people are wondering if Amazon will price match? (Not saying that is what the case is here.) Is it because of the free shipping and no tax? The additional points that get placed if the Amazon credit card gets used? The fact that they may have some Amazon store credit? All the above? I love Amazon, just curious as you why you never see a "I wonder if Wal-Mart will match that price" :lol:

I have to go to GS tomorrow so I'll probably pick this up while I'm there. Thanks for the heads up OP.[/QUOTE]

Lots o' reasons (pick one):

1) Amazon = no tax (that's a 9.5% discount for me)
2) 2-day shipping for free (those of us who got the student membership)
3) A chunk of us HATE GS with a passion
4) No driving = gas savings ($4.32/gallon as of tonight)
5) Great customer service @ Amazon
6) Merchandise credits from pre-ordering and/or trade-ins

Did I miss anything? Wal-mart doesn't offer half of that.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Lots o' reasons (pick one):

Did I miss anything? Wal-mart doesn't offer half of that.[/QUOTE]
Half, lol walmart or gs doesn't offer any of that. Well actually they both have one thing: 3) They hate GS with a passion

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']didnt they have a sale on this less than a month ago for 12.99 or something? (used)[/QUOTE]

Yep. ps3 only, used only. This must be to move the stock still sitting around.

I enjoyed the first one because my friend owned it, and I really liked the graphics. I'll probably pass on this one because I have so many games to play at the moment.

Oh wow. For this price, plus the DLC inbound, I will probably have to pick this one up. I still hadn't upgraded to Continuum Shift, and this will give me a version of the game on both systems. Thanks, OP.

[quote name='LagFighter']Wait, is there going to be a new retail version of the game for CS-2? If so, I'll probably pass in favor of that one.[/QUOTE]

As of right now now there no disc version for CS-2. Hopefully they decide to make a disc version for people that didnt buy CS.

I think you are dancing around the main reason.....I think the primary reason is that takes about 30 seconds to order something off amazon and you have a near certainty of actually getting it and also getting in brand new sealed condition vs. having to dedicate time and effort (and gas as you point out) to go out to GS stores that MAY or MAY NOT have it and if they do have it, it may also be gutted as well. Yeah, no sales taxes doesn't hurt...but even if I were being charged, I'd still go with amazon vs some other brick and mortal store because of the sheer ease of use. Also having Mom prime (I claimed I was taking care of my inner child) certainly doesn't hurt either.

Blazblue Calamity Trigger is the one for 17.99
Continuum Shift is still 24.99 used according to the gamestop website.

Oh wow i didn't know amazon had free 2-day for students, thats gonna make a lot of deals for me thx

[quote name='Insane dead']Blazblue Calamity Trigger is the one for 17.99
Continuum Shift is still 24.99 used according to the gamestop website.[/QUOTE]

I went to buy it today and CS used was $17.99

I may be in the minority, but I'm practically surrounded by GS stores, my state does get taxed, and knowing I can return something to a store within 30 days because I find a better deal elsewhere or simply because I change my mind (if haven't opened the game) has made me shop Amazon less. Usually I will buy from them if they beat everyone else's prices but not when they only match them.

Put me down for a #3. Thanks.

[quote name='Insane dead']Blazblue Calamity Trigger is the one for 17.99
Continuum Shift is still 24.99 used according to the gamestop website.[/QUOTE]
When I went yesterday, both were $17.99.

[quote name='cruzfactor']The Best Buy at Industry, CA has it for 18.99[/QUOTE]

Best Buy at Riverside, CA has it for $17.99

[quote name='Andami']When I went yesterday, both were $17.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that they dropped it in price like a day after :D
Also Blazblue Calamity Trigger is now 14.99 used.

[quote name='nakanenui']saw new Blazblu CS for 19.99 but it was gutted so I will keep looking.[/QUOTE]

This is one of those games where gutted doesn't mean much if you are that anal about the GS gut-it-all practice.

The manual is super-duper thin as they eliminated the moves guide that was in the first-game's manual. Everything is in-game, don't sweat it if that is the only copy you find.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']Best Buy at Riverside, CA has it for $17.99[/QUOTE]

I saw the PS3 version on clearance for 17.99, xbox is 22.99, how often do the prices drop once on clearance? (Best Buy)

I got this yesteday at Game Stop. Bought a gently used copy for $17.99 that seemed to be in identical condition to the one they were selling as "new" for $2 more. There's no "Project $10" online code you're supposed to have for this game, right?

[quote name='Decker']I got this yesteday at Game Stop. Bought a gently used copy for $17.99 that seemed to be in identical condition to the one they were selling as "new" for $2 more. There's no "Project $10" online code you're supposed to have for this game, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no online pass needed for this game. All you get is a super-thin manual. So do not hesitate to buy a gutted!

[quote name='technole']This is one of those games where gutted doesn't mean much if you are that anal about the GS gut-it-all practice.[/QUOTE]
Common sense tells you if you're paying an item's price for new, it should be sealed. Gamestop should be shoved off into the lowest depths of hell.

bread's done
Back