BlazBlue - Delayed in Canada?

Rocky071

CAGiversary!
EB is telling me "pushed back to the 30th" for the recently released(?) BB. Amazon.ca says 1-3 weeks, I'm guessing they sold out of their first one.

Anybody have any confirmation on this or maybe a source I could get it at locally? (Edmonton). Renting it would be ideal...

From whats been the news in the FGT, the first round of disc prints were all Limited Editions. I don't think we got in on that deals so we have to wait for the standard edition.

Just EB being stupid. I got my Limited Edition at a shop in Toronto (Videogame Plus) without a pre-order at $69.99 so any news about us not getting the LE are lies.

There was an error in EB shipping. You should be able to find it else where. Most EBs on the east should have it and some larger store on the west that get Saturday shipment should have got it then. First shipment was limited edition for pre orders. the second never arrived on time, which is why its hard to find at EB.

I just ordered a copy from BuyNextGen. Has anyone bought from them before? I selected the free shipping option and it didn't seem to give me any hassle due to being in Canada. It was only $56.95 USD so I have a feeling this is too good to be true...

Looked around CAG forums and it seems like the site is legit. Just hoping they actually have it in stock, because it only came to $67.94 shipped. That's cheaper than what I would be paying for it locally.

Edit: Amazon.ca currently has it in stock: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.ht...sc-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=15121&creative=330641

(courtesy RFD)

I ordered one from there as well, just to make sure I get a copy. If I end up with two, I might just hang on to one for collection purposes.

You are subject to be charge custom though, which is the only downside. I just ordered Crimson Gem Saga from them last week, and it should be coming sometime this week. If there is no custom, I would definitely order BlazBlue from them.

They seem to have great deals every week too!

Their CSR is really responsive too, I got my answer within an hour today lol

I have one pre-ordered from EB in Spruce Grove but I also got Goomba to pick me up a copy from the US Amazon site. Don't really want to miss out on the Limited Edition and if my EB copy happens to actually be Limited I'm pretty sure I can sell it on Kijiji or eBay.

[quote name='Ranzo']There was an error in EB shipping. You should be able to find it else where. Most EBs on the east should have it and some larger store on the west that get Saturday shipment should have got it then. First shipment was limited edition for pre orders. the second never arrived on time, which is why its hard to find at EB.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...thanks Ranzo.
I'll have to check my local one.
I pre-ordered it, then called in and they told me it was out on the 29th...
I'll have to check again.

I grabbed my copy from Game Centre at Yonge and Bloor in Toronto on Saturday.

Was the Xbox LE version; no preorder.

If you pre-ordered at EB and are getting a 360 version then you will get one. there were a few extra's. The PS3 version on the other hand was short shipped from the distributor and will be shipped to stores with earliest pre-sells. There are NOT enough to cover all PS3 Pre-sells. some people that did pre-order will not receive a copy. The regular edition will be out at the end of the month.

Got mine today and I'm absolutely loving it. The music is soooo good. Btw, once Goomba ships me mine I'll have an extra copy of the 360 Limited Edition if someone (preferably in Edmonton) wants a copy.

yeah supply seemed really low, at least at the eb near me. They said that whoever preordered (basically me & 1 other guy) were getting their copies, but they werent getting extras till the end of the month. Hearing that made the waiting for an extra week slightly better.

Also, if i didnt do a trade 3 for it back in february, i was considering getting it from GS.com as well

I'm still waiting on this game :/

I'll probably try calling EB again tomorrow, but I highly doubt they have it yet. I would get it somewhere else, but I want to spend my credit on it.

Got a Limited Edition PS3 at Microplay in Ottawa. They have around 10 total for PS3 and 360, I'm surprised noone checks there.

Just received notice that my PS3 LE copy of BlazBlue has shipped (from buynextgen.com). Should be here within 5-10 business days.

[quote name='vex']Got a Limited Edition PS3 at Microplay in Ottawa. They have around 10 total for PS3 and 360, I'm surprised noone checks there.[/QUOTE]

Lol, what was the price? I wanna tell my friend so he can go pick up the game himself.

Also, I just cant believe that eb screwed up so bad. Microplay w/10 copies = win

[quote name='telepathy']Lol, what was the price? I wanna tell my friend so he can go pick up the game himself.

Also, I just cant believe that eb screwed up so bad. Microplay w/10 copies = win[/QUOTE]

69.99. Same price as everywhere, so it's a win situation.

[quote name='vex']69.99. Same price as everywhere, so it's a win situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks vex, im gonna let my friends know so they can get it. They were pretty interested in the game after i picked it up on tuesday & showed it off at my house.

[quote name='DMPugh']Just received notice that my PS3 LE copy of BlazBlue has shipped (from buynextgen.com). Should be here within 5-10 business days.[/QUOTE]

lol, I missed out. FML :(

I was holding out to place an order on the site for 2 days and now it is OOS, and Mike advised he isn't sure if they will be receiving another shipment!

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone is interested, i saw some 360 LEs at Rideau Centre (they are not displayed, kept in cupboard) & 1 at microplay downtown a few days ago.

Man I'm tempted to hunt down the PS3 LE even though I have little to no interest in this game; I may just keep it sealed for collector's purposes. Of course, if I end up getting a fight stick my mind may change!

The limited edition is a bit overrated, the only additional stuffs you are getting is the LE cardboard box, the soundtrack and tutorial DVD. The last 2 can be offered as digital download, ituned, youtubed or borrowed from someone who has them.

hey has anyone thought of asking goomba for this? It's $59.99 on Gamestop.com, he'd probably charge you close to $72-$73USD, which isnt far off from the $69.99 + tax that most of us are paying.

[quote name='Mana Thirst']The limited edition is a bit overrated, the only additional stuffs you are getting is the LE cardboard box, the soundtrack and tutorial DVD. The last 2 can be offered as digital download, ituned, youtubed or borrowed from someone who has them.[/QUOTE]
I agree, though the LE is a very nice box and overall just an attractive looking set. More aesthetic value than anything perhaps.

I thought the LE edition comes with blueray tutorial + soundtrack, where as the normal edition which will be release later just come with the game disk at the same price.

bread's done
Back