blazblue (ps3) for 32.98 @ amazon: update now 29.99

Just got back from the local GameStop and they had a used copy of the 360 LE version for $26.99. ^_^

All 4 discs look brand spanking new.

[quote name='aerozero']If it goes down $5-$10 more, I'm in for a copy. But for now it's still a bit out of range...[/QUOTE]
From the reviews, it looks like it's the best 2d Fighter on consoles right now. I don't see how $30 would be too much., unless you mean you don't have the money for it :eek:.

Does anyone know if the GS Blazblue price drop is permanent?

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']The new Unlimited Character DLC was just released, breathing new life into this game. It basically flips the tier list...Tager on top!?![/QUOTE]

unlimited characters aren't for competitive play =[ tier list need not apply

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']The new Unlimited Character DLC was just released, breathing new life into this game. It basically flips the tier list...Tager on top!?![/QUOTE]

I thought you could unlock the unlimited versions of each character in-game, without buying them as DLC. Seems like a waste of points/money.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'd love to buy it...but my magic number is $29.99. Amazon needs to PM GS already.[/QUOTE]

Dude...I swear we must have an Amazon spy/genie in these forums because my wish just came true! It's now $29.99...and now I will bite! :)

Update: Just bit. :drool:

If you guys had to choose between this & Disgaea 3 for PS3, which would you choose? I am fully aware that they are both different genre's...RPG V.S. Fighter. I do enjoy both genre's thoroughly though.

I'm still wondering if anyone can compare this to Street Fighter Alpha :whistle2:/

High end 2D is real appealing! But I hate spastic fighters.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']If you guys had to choose between this & Disgaea 3 for PS3, which would you choose? I am fully aware that they are both different genre's...RPG V.S. Fighter. I do enjoy both genre's thoroughly though.[/QUOTE]

Blazblue, definitely.

Well if it stays @ this price (and in stock) on Amazon, I'm gonna be flipping most of my dvd collection (that I rarely watch anyways) for credit to pick this up.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']If you guys had to choose between this & Disgaea 3 for PS3, which would you choose? I am fully aware that they are both different genre's...RPG V.S. Fighter. I do enjoy both genre's thoroughly though.[/QUOTE]

BlazBlue.

FYI: if you've never played a Disgaea game before, I strongly recommend renting one of them before purchasing. They're not bad games, but they're extremely niche and require large amounts of time if you want to fully enjoy them.

I have about 120 hrs into Disgaea 3 and I doubt I'll play BlazBlue that long. If you really like playing people online I'd go with BlazBlue. If you're more the single player type then D3.

Although there's not much chance of finding an un-gutted copy, GS has it for the same price. Well you'd have to pay sales tax in store, but I guess it depends on how soon you want it.

[quote name='polishpride212']Fye has Blazblue for $10 after rebates, but they were all sold out. This might be YMMV[/QUOTE]

Um, no. It's a $10 rebate -- off of the price of $59.99. So it'll be $49.99 after rebate, after an 8 to 10 week wait for the rebate check. No thanks. I'd rather take a guttted copy from GameStop for $29.99 if it comes down to it.

[quote name='arcane93']Um, no. It's a $10 rebate -- off of the price of $59.99. So it'll be $49.99 after rebate, after an 8 to 10 week wait for the rebate check. No thanks. I'd rather take a guttted copy from GameStop for $29.99 if it comes down to it.[/QUOTE]

No need for that, my friend. Amazon will sell you a brand new copy with FSSS/Prime for $29.99 :)

[quote name='Ardrid']No need for that, my friend. Amazon will sell you a brand new copy with FSSS/Prime for $29.99 :)[/QUOTE]

Not if you want the 360 version, which I do -- that's where all of my other fighting games are, and I want to keep them consolidated so that when I finally get around to buying a fight stick, I only have to get one for one system. I don't know why Amazon is only discounting the PS3 version, but they still want $55 for the 360 version.

[quote name='arcane93']Not if you want the 360 version, which I do -- that's where all of my other fighting games are, and I want to keep them consolidated so that when I finally get around to buying a fight stick, I only have to get one for one system. I don't know why Amazon is only discounting the PS3 version, but they still want $55 for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on doing the same thing, except for the PS3. I'd love to get one for Tasunoko, but there isn't exactly a plethora of fighting games for the Wii.

bread's done
Back