Blcokbuster/EB Trades?

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
Are there any ways to buy a game at Blockbuster for really cheap, and have it eligible at EB for the Trade 3 deal and vice versa? If so what are these deals and what are the best ones to trade? I really need Fable 2 and Gears of War 2, but am broke. Any help would be greatly appreciated:D!

PS: PM me if you don`t want to post them for RFD hoarders to find;).

Do you have a link to the RFD topic? I found tivs.ca to be very inaccurate, and almost bought games that werent eligible (even though they where just updated a day before).

Yeah, TIVs is a very good site and neksus does an excellent job maintaining it. If you're not sure a value on TIVs.ca is up to date, then just call an EB and ask. Better yet, record the TIVs and post them either here or on RFD so TIVs.ca can update them.

On that note, Guitar Hero III for the Xbox 360 is up to $7 now for the game only, called them today.

[quote name='neksus']If you think tivs is inaccurate, good luck finding something better.[/quote]

Sorry for any offense, I didn't realize it was a CAG member who ran it. I found it on RFD with no mention here on CAG. I'm really sorry:cry:.

Also, my EB won't tell values over phone, they used to but I guess they got to lazy and stopped (asking for TIVs there has always been like asking them to run a marathon on a pogo stick).

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']I was just hoping there was a winning strategy someone could share.[/quote]

I usually just go to the various BBV's around my city, and have my cell phone on me with about 8 EB's on my contact list. If I see a game that I remember someone mentioned qualified, but am not sure if it is still up to date, I call an EB and ask for the current TIV. I've never had anyone tell me they can't/won't look it up for me, it's a shame yours refuse to.

if i'm not sure, i've often traded in 3 games at eb, then grabbed a new copy from the shelf of game-x (for example) that i'd seen at bbv used for under $10. i'll ask the clerk if he/she can tell me the trade in value of said game, and they do.

it's pretty foolproof if you need to clarify 100%

And never call your own EB. Use the phonebook and call other ebs that arent long distance. And if you ask for only like 3 games at a time you should get the TIVs

[quote name='Lockescythe']And never call your own EB. Use the phonebook and call other ebs that arent long distance. And if you ask for only like 3 games at a time you should get the TIVs[/quote]

This is good advice. 3 is my magic number as well, I never ask for more than 3 at a time.

[quote name='Kimoosabi X']This is good advice. 3 is my magic number as well, I never ask for more than 3 at a time.[/quote]

haha me too
there's 2 ebs and 4 bbvs here, so i try and do my best to get each eb a few times a week and contribute a few values myself. it would be amazing if everybody called eb 3-4 times a week and got 3 titles each time. with teamwork like that we could have the database up to date!

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']Sorry for any offense, I didn't realize it was a CAG member who ran it. I found it on RFD with no mention here on CAG. I'm really sorry:cry:.[/quote]

Didn't mean to sound offensive/defensive - the used/new prices for BBV seem to fluctuate regionally, not to mention they just jacked up all their prices again, but the EB tivs (the main bread and butter) should, for the most part, be correct, at least as far as eligibility goes, especially if they've been updated in the past few days or so.

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']Sadly, the EB Games where i live is the only EB for an hour. Can they give you values at the head office?[/quote]

You know you can call other ebgames and ask them to tell you the trade in value. All Ebgames have the same tiv, so just call a different one and go trade it in at yours.

FYI the Cheap Game Thread on RFD is really really good for this.

[quote name='afterburn999']You know you can call other ebgames and ask them to tell you the trade in value. All Ebgames have the same tiv, so just call a different one and go trade it in at yours.

FYI the Cheap Game Thread on RFD is really really good for this.[/quote]

I'm just to cheap to pay the long distance:). LOL.

Thanks everyone for the advice and ideas, they've helped a lot.

[quote name='neksus']haha me too
there's 2 ebs and 4 bbvs here, so i try and do my best to get each eb a few times a week and contribute a few values myself. it would be amazing if everybody called eb 3-4 times a week and got 3 titles each time. with teamwork like that we could have the database up to date![/quote]

That would be cool to do, set up an online database that can be updated by CAGs.

Did anyone notice the whole spelling mistake in this thread, I put blcokbuster. LOL. I didn`t notice, I guess it`s like wehre you dnot hvae to put the ltetres of a wrod in the crorcet odrer you jsut hvae to hvae the frist and lsat lteters of the wrod in the crorcet odrer but you can slitl raed it. LOL

Just a quick question, does anyone elses EB Games not accept games for the Trade 3 deal if they don`t have manuals.

I`m stuck with 2 copies of Harry Potter now because they didn`t come with manuals (and apparently mine doesn`t accept duplicates of the same game).

Is anyone elses EBs doing this?

I traded the 2 Harry Potters at Futureshop with Vanguard and got Fable 2 for $1.49 extra. It still isn't Gear 2, but it'll tie me off until I get a job...

bread's done
Back