Bleach Soul Resureccion - PS3 - $17.75 Prime Eligible

I saw that but was going to wait before I posted. In the past day it has dropped from $22 to $19 to this price. Also this is not just a decent deal but a great deal as the lowest price I've seen is 25.99

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is this game any good?[/QUOTE]

As compared to other hack n slash Dynasty time games, no. It is pretty much the barebones when it comes to variety. The maps are boring and linear (other hack n slashes you can choose which path to take), a few missing characters that should have been there. There is not of a story and it is a bit hard to follow if you aren't up to pace with bleach. So much recycling of enemies. There really isn't anything extra to keep you going after you beat (the very short) all the missions other than getting the collections and leveling up.

On the other hand the combos are pretty fun(thank god or I would even recommend it to anyone). The characters that are included are pretty interesting and feel unique. Sadly I can't think of any more redeeming values.

If you are a fan of bleach and don't mind the category of the game, then you could have some fun like I did.

Also one last thing, if you're on the edge of buying it waiting would be a good option as the price has been dropping. $4 in the last day

Take it from a huge Bleach fan that the game isn't great. It plays like a very fast version of Dynasty Warriors, which is a series I don't like. The story in the game starts far into the storyline that any newcomer will easily be lost. The trophies themselves are almost all grinds(S rank all missions, beat all mission with all characters, get max level with all characters, etc.)

That being said if you are a hardcore fan you will get some enjoyment from this game, especially if you like Dynasty Warriors. Well worth a $20 or sub $20 price tag.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']As compared to other hack n slash Dynasty time games, no. It is pretty much the barebones when it comes to variety. The maps are boring and linear (other hack n slashes you can choose which path to take), a few missing characters that should have been there. There is not of a story and it is a bit hard to follow if you aren't up to pace with bleach. So much recycling of enemies. There really isn't anything extra to keep you going after you beat (the very short) all the missions other than getting the collections and leveling up.

On the other hand the combos are pretty fun(thank god or I would even recommend it to anyone). The characters that are included are pretty interesting and feel unique. Sadly I can't think of any more redeeming values.

If you are a fan of bleach and don't mind the category of the game, then you could have some fun like I did.

Also one last thing, if you're on the edge of buying it waiting would be a good option as the price has been dropping. $4 in the last day[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge musou fan, I buy every single DW game, but I think I'll pass. Those games at least have variety and incentive to keep playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm a huge musou fan, I buy every single DW game, but I think I'll pay. Those games at least have variety and incentive to keep playing.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean pass? Yeah if you're a big DW fan, it will feel like a step down. The only thing going for it is playing the characters from the anime.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Did you mean pass? Yeah if you're a big DW fan, it will feel like a step down. The only thing going for it is playing the characters from the anime.[/QUOTE]
Yup, meant pass. Sorry.

Had this since day one. Still trying to get all the trophies for it, think I only have the max everyone stats left. The story mode is eh, the majority of the game play is from the mission mode. I enjoy the game but yeah unless your a hardcore fan it's going to suck.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Also worth mentioning that trade-in @ amazon for $18.90[/QUOTE]
I'm sure if that is safe though, could you be possibly get banned for abusing the system for doing that?

[quote name='usagi']I'm sure if that is safe though, could you be possibly get banned for abusing the system for doing that?[/QUOTE]
No one can answer that for sure but I don't see it as abusing the system if you buy the game, beat it (considering it's less than 10 hours) and trade it back in. Plus Amazon has the 2 per year rule, so they already take step to prevent abuse.

yea, it's funny how it was $17 something yesterday and I can resist it, but when it dropped to $15, I decided to buy it. haha This is all before I found out about the trade-in value.

[quote name='kouleefoh']$14.38 now. Hope you guys got the TIV locked yesterday for $19[/QUOTE]

Think it will go lower? Big fan of the show (WIsh the anime would start up again :cry:) Other than story mode, is there anything else?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Think it will go lower? Big fan of the show (WIsh the anime would start up again :cry:) Other than story mode, is there anything else?[/QUOTE]
I think you might be able to find it used on Amazone warehouse deal for maybe cheaper; considering quite a few people bought it and will trade it in due to the high TIV yesterday. But they could post it for a higher price, so you'd have to wait. $15 is the buy point for me 'cause I'm a fan, but i'll trade it in next week, the moment I'm done. :D

Anyone who bought earlier, it might be hassle to get a price match for your order. They started by giving me price difference not including tax, but after a bit of talking I finally got my tax back.

I just hope that game is not too out there with new characters because I stopped watching bleach when the group just gets out of otherworld the first time.

[quote name='usagi']Anyone who bought earlier, it might be hassle to get a price match for your order. They started by giving me price difference not including tax, but after a bit of talking I finally got my tax back.

I just hope that game is not too out there with new characters because I stopped watching bleach when the group just gets out of otherworld the first time.[/QUOTE]
u should read the manga now. Nazi quincy :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']u should read the manga now. Nazi quincy :lol:[/QUOTE]

That guy is the shit. Really like this final arc. So basically I should wait until it hits awd or do you think it will drop lower each day. Might bite if it hits $12.

[quote name='kouleefoh']u should read the manga now. Nazi quincy :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol, new chapters make me think of Victory Gundam, just a giant killfest.

Either way I'll probably order when I get home.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That guy is the shit. Really like this final arc. So basically I should wait until it hits awd or do you think it will drop lower each day. Might bite if it hits $12.[/QUOTE]

Just order now and adjust later because this seems like a solid spot for the price to stay, unless you care about 16 cents of tax...

Got my order this morning. Not a bad game, about to finish Story Mode on Normal. They have upgrades but I don't notice any difference after the upgrade. Would've been nice if they included a VS mode.

bread's done
Back