​
 ​
 ​
$1.45+
7053da06f412cf1bf70adc78d52c7e2d.jpg
81352457a1b387021e20ac97857126c3.jpg
8c5e83672c16d67d3efcd3115f7a0d22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's only one or two countries, it wouldn't bother me much if it's a rare occurrence (or a little more common if we're talking Germany, given their sad censorship laws.) And yes, I do mean if that means that I can't get the game....

However, there'd better be a very good substitute game - or a discount - to make up for it.
Surprisingly Germany has never really come up. Though we haven't dealt with a lot of ultra-violent titles. Or at least violent titles that have gotten noticed enough to get censored.

I'm thinking with games that might have pretty serious region restrictions we could offer something like the option of paying a very small fee for just that game (and they could just buy that title if they wanted). That way it's not actually part of the main bundle, but people that are in those regions could still pick it up rather than turning away everyone.

I kind of like what Humble did with the Sega one.  Just put a different game in the bundle for those countries.  Given all the trading that goes on, you'd probably end up with some extra sales that way.  Even if one region's bundle is mostly considered "better" than the other, there are always going to be a few people who already have X and don't have whatever replacement game gets tossed in.

I kind of like what Humble did with the Sega one. Just put a different game in the bundle for those countries. Given all the trading that goes on, you'd probably end up with some extra sales that way. Even if one region's bundle is mostly considered "better" than the other, there are always going to be a few people who already have X and don't have whatever replacement game gets tossed in.
That really only works with a publisher style bundle, or if you have some serious clout (i.e. Humble). If it's one individual title included then you have to find something of relative equal value that is okay with only being available for purchase in the region(s) that were locked out. That's not easy. Especially with something that is only affecting very specific regions.

Surprisingly Germany has never really come up. Though we haven't dealt with a lot of ultra-violent titles. Or at least violent titles that have gotten noticed enough to get censored.

I'm thinking with games that might have pretty serious region restrictions we could offer something like the option of paying a very small fee for just that game (and they could just buy that title if they wanted). That way it's not actually part of the main bundle, but people that are in those regions could still pick it up rather than turning away everyone.
I like this idea. You could still do your 2 tier bundle, but then have a third tier for X game in whatever countries it was allowed for a nominal additional fee.

The only other different route would be to put together an entire bundle of games with the same region restrictions and only allow it for sale in those regions. And while that may cause some ill will in some places, I find it hard to believe that many people wouldn't buy your next available bundle if the games and price were right.

If it's just some shitty 3rd world region like Japan, who cares?
First of all, you have no idea what Third World actually means, do you?

[customspoiler=History Lesson]It's a term coined post-WW2 to refer to countries that weren't allied with America or the Soviet Union (the main spheres of capitalism and communism, respectively). By this definition, Japan is first world because it became allied with America and is a capitalist country. The more you know, kids.[/customspoiler]

Second of all, if you think Japan is "third-world", you may never want to go to Central/South America.

/rantoftheday

First of all, you have no idea what Third World actually means, do you?

[customspoiler=History Lesson]It's a term coined post-WW2 to refer to countries that weren't allied with America or the Soviet Union (the main spheres of capitalism and communism, respectively). By this definition, Japan is first world because it became allied with America and is a capitalist country. The more you know, kids.[/customspoiler]

Second of all, if you think Japan is "third-world", you may never want to go to Central/South America.

/rantoftheday
Spoken like a 3rd worlder.

butthurt.png

Get great games and restrict whatever needs to be restricted (just don't do it too well!). The rest will work itself out. 

I think the whole negativity angle is being exaggerated.  Most of the people who rage online are cheap losers with no lives.  If they see a game cheap enough for them in a bundle, they will buy it, even if they raged and said they would never buy from a website again.  I really wouldn't worry about them.  They'll come crawling back next bundle that is available in their region.  

I think the whole negativity angle is being exaggerated. Most of the people who rage online are cheap losers with no lives. If they see a game cheap enough for them in a bundle, they will buy it, even if they raged and said they would never buy from a website again. I really wouldn't worry about them. They'll come crawling back next bundle that is available in their region.
Whatcha got? For how much?

Is there not going to be a new Blink Bundle this week? :shock:
Didn't the last one start on a friday, or am I remembering wrong?

Also, hey Casey, I kinda wanna buy the bundle fodder game Kickbeat, since my cooupon for it expires tomorrow morning. What's your take on that, with your knowledge of all things Blink? Should I?

Didn't the last one start on a friday, or am I remembering wrong?

Also, hey Casey, I kinda wanna buy the bundle fodder game Kickbeat, since my cooupon for it expires tomorrow morning. What's your take on that, with your knowledge of all things Blink? Should I?
The new bundle launches today actually.

While I do have knowledge of whether certain games are going to be bundled in the near future...I wouldn't release that information. It would be a real dick move to the developers.

So here's some info about the bundle launching later on today. This will be AFAIK the first ever trading card themed bundle. It will feature the most titles we've ever had in a Blink Bundle, and every game will have cards. A person could theoretically sell the cards off from the bundle (even if they hit a low point) and almost get the bundle for free. Hopefully this gives us a new bundle type that is unique and interesting to build on.

I'll be up front and say that this bundle won't appeal to hardcore game collectors (though even I need a few games from the bundle). All of these games are repeats. The reason for this is personally I'm buying less bundles now than ever, and a lot of that is because I've noticed that quality titles are getting divided to enhance the sales on multiple bundles. So we'd rather have something that compliments the main bundle, but not take titles away from it.

Added bonus that this bundle expands who we're able to work with outside the main bundle, and that allows us to develop those relationships further.

BTW next BB in just under 3 weeks.

I'm missing some, but nothing that would motivate me to purchase this bundle. Hopefully the new one in three weeks is better.
Same here. Can't see anything I don't already have worth dropping five bucks on. I suppose it's good for the newbies. Kinda reminds me of Bundlestars with the price and quantity.

I'm missing Ku, which I've heard is bad anyway. I own the rest.

EDIT: Motoki PM'd me a Desura key which generated a Steam key on my desura collection page.. so now I have everything in bundle. Thanks.

Missing Bad Hotel, Really Big Sky, Dead Hungry Diner, Ku: Shroud of Morrigan and Unearthed.

The bonus games are really going to make or break this bundle for me for each tier, but there's no rush.

Also, Unearthed is another episodic game. The only thing is no other episodes are out for it yet.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263680/

The fact that it's missing Episode 1 in the title for it on Blink is kind of annoying. It's clearly labeled Episode 1 on Steam.

Going to the description on Blink, it does mention that it only includes Episode 1, at least.

Edit: It says Episode 1 in the display image for it, so I guess that's okay.

Unearthed is also supposed to be really, really, REALLY bad. Usually I feel that sort of thing is subjective but I don't know that I've heard a single good thing about it other than maybe that the developer is actually from the middle east so I suppose it represents some diversity and that they tried and meant well I suppose. Even the thumbs up reviews are mostly joke ones or say it's so bad it's entertaining in a Bad Rats, Ride to Hell sort of way.

Damn.15 games for $4.99 would be great, but I already own everything except Ku and Unearthed. I might be tempted if those bonuses end up being games I want and I don't have, I'm not going to hold my breath though.

This bundle should have been called the "Welcome to Steam and Card Trading Bundle."

An interesting omission from this bundle is the bundles sold counter. Was this intentional? First bundle I've noticed without one. A social experiment to see if a counter of bundles sold affects how a bundle sells? Peculiar.

Edit: I like the concept of this bundle, but I think this might be a tough sell for seasoned bundle buyers.

Unearthed is also supposed to be really, really, REALLY bad. Usually I feel that sort of thing is subjective but I don't know that I've heard a single good thing about it other than maybe that the developer is actually from the middle east so I suppose it represents some diversity and that they tried and meant well I suppose. Even the thumbs up reviews are mostly joke ones or say it's so bad it's entertaining in a Bad Rats, Ride to Hell sort of way.
It's actually really good, like a poor man's Uncharted. I know that's an easy comparison to make, but aside from the story and graphics, the combat and gunplay is virtually identical to the first Uncharted.

I had enough leftover games from bundles that had trading cards that it made sense for me to make an alt Steam account just to get the cards off duplicate games.  I've made around 30-35 dollars in cards off an Alt account already, and solely based upon duplicates from bundles, the alt account is around 200 games total, with 55 or so having cards.  My main account has around 800 games.

Further, if you play the Steam system right, you can level your steam accounts for at or near cost.   Non-cheap sets I sell the cards going several cents over the average as I'm willing to wait for someone to buy it.  For purchasing, identify the cheapest sets and buy them during non-Steam Sale times when prices are lowest. Even better, buy cards for a particular game after it gets bundled or given away cheap/free and people are unloading.  Then, hold onto the completed card sets until the Next Summer or Winter sale, and craft them during the Steam Sale right in the beginning, and dump the Sale Card right away.   For the past 2 sales, the cards sold extremely well right in the beginning, prior to the first set of people receiving free cards after 3 votes.  I was getting .40 to .45 cents per badge this past Winter Sale.  So, not only am I leveling my Steam account increasing my booster pack chances to make more money, but I'm doing it at or near cost to the badge and sometimes even turning a profit.   For example, you can craft a Counter Strike Global Offensive Badge for about .35 cents per badge, wait until the Winter Sale to craft it, and sell the globe for .40 to .45 which not only levels your steam account, but gives you a few cent profit as well.  Win/Win.

Combine that with bundles like this, and it's a long-term investment to get your money back.  Depending on drops / cards, you'll probably get back at least 3.50 by purchasing this bundle, more depending on any foils.  Long-term, you now gain the chance at a booster pack for all of these titles as well.   Assuming worst case scenario, you picked up all of these games for $1.50 out of pocket (assuming you will eventually spend the steam wallet on games) and most likely you'll get more back over time with booster pack drops, the chances of which keep going up the more games you have, higher your steam level is.  As I don't see this system going away anytime soon, it makes financial sense to slowly work your account up to Steam level 50+ if you're like me with a significant amount of games eligible for booster packs and doing it how I listed above lets you level that account at or near cost.  Eventually even if you stop, due to how many games you have eligible for booster packs, and a higher steam level, as long as you launch a game once a week to maintain activity, you'll continue to earn free money from Steam just by getting random Booster Packs that you can sell.  So from an investment standpoint for those of us working the Steam Trading Card system, this bundle makes sense and if you have happen to like even a few of the games, it's a complete win/win.  If you have a few duplicates, just make an ALT steam account and get the cards anyway. 

It's actually really good, like a poor man's Uncharted. I know that's an easy comparison to make, but aside from the story and graphics, the combat and gunplay is virtually identical to the first Uncharted.
You're just trying to get me to play it so I'll share your pain.

I have like 14 accounts for card idling, I might have a problem. ;)

As soons as one account reaches level 5, I'll move to next account.

Level 5 accounts can be used for farrming cards from voting during summer/winter sales.

Level 5 accounts can be used for farrming cards from voting during summer/winter sales.
I have 3, but one is my brother's account that I just continually give games to and take the cards/boosters from. Got his account over 300 now. Other one is 110.

the price was slowly rebounding anyways after the first round of bundles/release, since it's anime stuff they probabaly won't bottom out.

Maybe just a little bit. :p

I have 3, but one is my brother's account that I just continually give games to and take the cards/boosters from. Got his account over 300 now. Other one is 110.
You really are one of us, aren't you? About time we had a man on the inside for these bundles!

The closest thing I have to an alt is for my younger brother as well, and I do the same thing with giving him games in exchange for him giving me his drops. Works out really nicely, especially when it comes to co-op/MP focused games because it lets us play together.

I'll admit it, I would feel kind of dirty having an alt account that had games nobody was actually playing. #FakeCAG

I'm missing the usual that most are missing but I didn't get Skyward Collapse either.....anyone with an extra? Not worth it for me....though all this card idling sounds exciting haha.

bread's done
Back