BLIZZARD/WoW MAJOR Security Threat, says big banks

lalagideon

CAGiversary!
I thought you all may find this interesting. While trying to upgrade my trial account for WoW, both of my credit cards (one from Bank of America, the other CHASE) were rejected. The banks confirmed that there were no problems with my account, but with BLIZZARD. Apparently, there has been such a high number of incidents that they BOTH consider Blizzard to be a "high-risk" company/site and FLAT-OUT REFUSE to allow their customers to purchase from them. Neither Bank of America nor CHASE would allow me even to pre-authorize a purchase. Both banks and their subsidiaries combine for nearly half of all American accounts/cards. Blizzard better clean itself up and fast (especially with WoTLK around the corner) as the game card solution may find itself too inconvenient for some subscribers.

I had used my Bank of America card for WoW for nearly three years so this must be new.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Gideon

P.S. I'm aware that once a subscription is started, one can continue with Paypal. I haven't yet researched where it stands on this issue.

bread's done
Back