Blockbuster - $4 minimum trade-in value on DVDs

cm matty

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up...this started at most stores on Friday, but should be live at all stores by now. Good time to get rid of any DVDs you don't want. It's rare to get this much for them.

I had a huge DVD collection and culled a bunch (movies I've re-bought on blu-ray and a ton of movies that I know I'll never watch again). Ended up with a little over $750 in credit. Picked up a PS Move Kit, navigation controller, extra Move controller, MLB 11: The Show, Kinect, and Kinect Sports...still have about $300 in credit left.

I don't know how long this is on for, but I'd guess it won't be too long, so hit up your local stores quick.

They seem to take almost anything as long as it's in the system. The only movies that didn't work for me were things like Trucks, Snake Man, Miner's Massacre, etc.

Has anyone else had any trouble when they tried to buy the Vanilla Mastercards with their store credit from trading stuff in. I tried to buy a few tonight, but was told that they don`t let people buy the cards with store credit. I did notice that when they went to check in a PSN card I was picking up they had to put the amount on a gift card first, then pay for the card though, so asked them to just put all my credit on a gift card so I could try a different store, just in case they maybe didn`t know those cards could be bought with store credit. Just figured I`d ask people here as well, to cover my bases.

I wonder what they're pulling here? Taking garbage for new releases doesn't seem like a winning business move. I wonder if they're just trying to bulk up inventory for accounting purposes.

[quote name='Bamm']Has anyone else had any trouble when they tried to buy the Vanilla Mastercards with their store credit from trading stuff in. I tried to buy a few tonight, but was told that they don`t let people buy the cards with store credit. I did notice that when they went to check in a PSN card I was picking up they had to put the amount on a gift card first, then pay for the card though, so asked them to just put all my credit on a gift card so I could try a different store, just in case they maybe didn`t know those cards could be bought with store credit. Just figured I`d ask people here as well, to cover my bases.[/QUOTE]

Head office sent a memo saying to not allow people to trade for Vanilla card anymore. Glad I got min in within the first 48 hours.

You should not get the Vanilla during the same trade, for sure. Ask for the credit a on gift card and then go buy one in another store or something. Anything else will just raise suspicion and then all of us will be doomed. Of course they want you to spend your credit in-store.

Btw, I just checked mine and its 5.95$ activation on 100$ and you only pay monthly fee after the 7th month. So definitely fine to me.

$196 in credit :) makes me happy, would love to be able to buy a mastercard gc, but if not i'm fine with buying some games down the road for basically nothing. Excellent way to get rid of old dvds you'll never watch again.

please post if you were able to get a MC GC with your blockbuster GC

[quote name='lbg']I wonder what they're pulling here? Taking garbage for new releases doesn't seem like a winning business move. I wonder if they're just trying to bulk up inventory for accounting purposes.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. Canadian GAAP and IFRS both requires inventory to be valued at the lower of cost or net realizable value.

quantum theory, ruse, morphx, SW skateboard all still being taken here at previously reported value. Gave them a bunch of crap for $4, mostly ones I got there for $2.50 last summer. FNR3 only one not accepted.

looks like they've sold some of the Ruse that have been sitting there at $35.

This deal ends today, March 27th for the 4$ min trade in values. Tomorrow it will be a minimum of 3$ trade in value.
Hope this info will help

[quote name='Lockescythe']todays the last day?

FFS, I was gonna go tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blendermess1']This deal ends today, March 27th for the 4$ min trade in values. Tomorrow it will be a minimum of 3$ trade in value.
Hope this info will help[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back