Blockbuster 5 for $20 blu ray back 8/10-ongoing

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!
Got a email this morning to start 5 for $20 deal immediately. As usual any $9.99 title or less qualifies. There hasn't been a blu ray price drop since the last sale on the 4th of July.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Smart Aleck']Dawn of the Dead wasn't too bad. Saw it on SyFy the other night and it seems like it would be a great movie to watch with a couple of friends.[/QUOTE]

I really love that movie. I already have it on HDDVD, but I decided to get the blu ray. I came home and watched it that night. It's just a lot of fun to watch. I think it dropped to $6.99 on Amazon a few days after I bought it, but you can't beat $4 used at BBV.

It's still going on and no for drops since the one last month. Rather than more drops I'm hoping for them to add more titles from previous sales since so many titles go OOS too fast.

Nope, it's not over. I went to the sale for the first time a few days ago and got,
Inception
127 Hours
Social Network
Resident Evil: Afterlife

I'm going to again but a diff BB and see what else I can find.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']It's still going on and no for drops since the one last month. Rather than more drops I'm hoping for them to add more titles from previous sales since so many titles go OOS too fast.[/QUOTE]

The employees at all my BBVs say that they do transfers on Sundays. They don't transfer blu rays every single sunday, but if you want first pick I think Sundays and Mondays are the best time. It's all ymmv and depends on each specific store of course.

One of my stores just has 1 table of all their previously viewed blu rays ($6.99 - $16.99). Another store a few miles away has 4 full tables of just $9.99 and under blu rays. The disparity between stores is insane sometimes.

Last night I picked up:
Girl who kicked Hornets Nest
Girl who Played with Fire
The Fighter ("and stop calling me an MTV girl, whatever the f... that means.")
The Town
and Karate Kid (the jackie chan version)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The employees at all my BBVs say that they do transfers on Sundays. They don't transfer blu rays every single sunday, but if you want first pick I think Sundays and Mondays are the best time. It's all ymmv and depends on each specific store of course.

One of my stores just has 1 table of all their previously viewed blu rays ($6.99 - $16.99). Another store a few miles away has 4 full tables of just $9.99 and under blu rays. The disparity between stores is insane sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have 80 blu's but almost 50 of them I have purchased from a store 20 miles from home. There are 4 Blockbusters within a 8 mile radius from home and of those four, three have horrendous selections i.e. Jonah Hex, Sublime, Pandorum, Max Payne, Twilight and what not.

That's crazy. My BBV has a TON of the new drop titles and old ones like the Girl Who _____, Black Hawk Down, LOTR trilogy, Iron Man 2, Wrestler, Slumdog Millionaire, etc. etc.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']I hadn't been in a while but picked up some stuff the other day. Megamind, Salt, Red, Machete and The Warriors[/QUOTE]

on my BBV machete is still $16.99.

[quote name='coopx']on my BBV machete is still $16.99.[/QUOTE]
It is probably mislabeled. The last time there was a drop I brought 5 of the newest drops to the counter and they argued with me saying they were part of the sale. I told then just to scan them and they made the comment that it was bad that I knew about price drops before them. ;)

Over the summer I bought 75 blu-ray's for $300 from 3 stores. There are a few I didn't find like Avatar and Iron Man 2 and a few others like Unstoppable and Paranormal Activity 2 that weren't included in the sale at any of the stores. It's been almost 3 months since I've been to any of the stores so now I just have to try to decide how long is long enough to where I can make the trip back and have a decent new selection to pick through.

I think I'm actually lucky all the BB closed around here, I tend to go overboard when they have these types of sales. Ran across one on the way back from a festival two weeks ago. It was about 8 PM and we had been going since 7 AM but I just had to stop!

Grabbed:
Hot Tub Time Machine
Red
The Town
Unstoppable
Due Date x2
The Expendables
Zombieland (just in time for halloweener)
Taken
Species (Natasha in HD 8'D )

Overall not a great selection but they're either movies I like or ones I have wanted to see and at $4 each it's almost as much as renting.

No price drops this week but each store is getting a huge transfer report. My store is transferring almost 1300 blu's from rental to used. Stores can start doing them Monday but I wouldnt expect to see them done til the end of the week. You could always ask to see the list though.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']No price drops this week but each store is getting a huge transfer report. My store is transferring almost 1300 blu's from rental to used. Stores can start doing them Monday but I wouldnt expect to see them done til the end of the week. You could always ask to see the list though.[/QUOTE]

Wow, insanity. I asked about any transfers at my BBV and the employee I talked to didnt know anything. I'll have to check back later in the week. I have store credit built up at 3 or 4 stores. Thx hawaiiboy.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']No price drops this week but each store is getting a huge transfer report. My store is transferring almost 1300 blu's from rental to used. Stores can start doing them Monday but I wouldnt expect to see them done til the end of the week. You could always ask to see the list though.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any information on this?

from tobytobe2002 on blu-ray.com:

"That would be a FANTASTIC deal if true, but it seems to be different from the information posted on the BB employee forum that I previously cited. Another post (#39) from that same thread breaks it down as follows:

Build Your Own Bundle (Gift Consultant)
New Retail Buy 3 for $24.99

[quote name='kobe84114']Do you have any information on this?

from tobytobe2002 on blu-ray.com:

"That would be a FANTASTIC deal if true, but it seems to be different from the information posted on the BB employee forum that I previously cited. Another post (#39) from that same thread breaks it down as follows:

Build Your Own Bundle (Gift Consultant)
New Retail Buy 3 for $24.99

Went to BBV on the way home. My store totally switched their layout around, so pretty much every used Blu regardless of price was either moved into one big basket or one table. It was kind of a pain looking through the huge-ass basket. Nothing i saw interested me, but i did notice that Deathly Hallows pt.1 (rental) dropped to 9.99.

bread's done
Back