Blockbuster Bioshock 2 Preorder Gone Horribly Right??? **UPDATE 3/23**

MSTRKRFT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I had about $35 in credit at BB and decided to put them to use. I went in and placed a preorder for the Bioshock 2 LE. I knew it was cheaper at Wall Mart but it came with a $5 gift card and the blockbuster was only 5 minutes away from my home. I placed the order and waited.

Come tuesday I got to BB to pick it up only to find that its not avaialble. They apologize and let me know there's a shipment coming in on thursday and they would call me when it arrived. I really couldn't do anything so I didnt throw a fit. The young lady at the counter was very sincere and friendly and even offered a complementary rental. I turned it down as I didn't want to take advantage. "Shit happens. I'll just wait," I thought. I had just picked up Dantes Inferno at Toy's R us that morning and still had to finish off Mass Effect 2. Not a big deal.

So this morning I finally get a call from the store manager. They were unable to get the game. Apparently no one ever pre orers from them and they somehow forgot to actually reserve it. He offered a month of free game rentals and a full refund.

Now I can try out Bayonetta, Darksiders and Army of Two and play bioshock 2 for free. Im sure I can take them down in a months time. And well, I got my $30 back. Awesome.

It totally made my day. ;)

(That bioshock 2 LE was crazy expensive and the bonus items were pretty lame IMO. had seconds thoughts the minute I had walked out of the store.)

**********UPDATE**********

Went in to get my refund and monthly game rental pass. The man at the register was really nice and asked if there was anything else I wanted to pick up or preorder but there was nothing listed that I was really interested in. I asked about the gamepoints cards as I was really hoping to get into the half off MVC2 deal. The system wouldnt let him run the card as others have noted but he went ahead and cashed out $20 in credit to pay for the card. I originally had $31 store credit and left with $16 still in credit, a 1600 points card and a month of free game rentals.

:bouncy:

Sadly MVC2 was full price again this sunday. Guess you can't have it all.

****UPDATE 3/23/10****

Just came back from Blockbuster again. It seems they signed me up for the recurring monthly pass. I went back and the girl at the counter was the original girl that took my pre-order. She was fully aware of the issues. She apologized, refunded my credit card and said "Well I've fixed everything and the system still shows the monthly pass expiring until 4/14 so you can go ahead and pick up another game if you want":hot:

I felt bad, so I asked, "Are you sure thats OK?"
-"Yeah, I'm the manager I'd know if it was ok or not. Haha you're funny, if someone offered me something free I'd just run with it."

And run I did.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on them for taking care of you. WAY too many stores now-a-days would've just said "too bad" and just given you your money back after jerking you around. For once, I give Blockbuster props.

Yea, refreshing to hear a story of someone understanding a mistake and the store manning up and taking care of it. Hate it when the story goes one way or the other, and working in retail and being a regular consumer, its good to hear it worked out. More stories should be like this. I remember something similar happened to me with a pre order at Best Buy and they just hooked me up with a GC and it was all cool.

If you're cool about a situation that's embarrassing to the retailer, they'll usually hook you up. I love hooking up my customers if/when I can.

Perfectly handled on both sides. Too many people think they need to make a big stink to get some sort of satisfaction, and too many stores only offer to do something above and beyond when their hand is forced by obnoxious customers.

I preordered RE4 the premium edition and they never got it, they tried to sell me the ps2 original for 10 more then it was selling. I never preordered from them again.

****UPDATE 3/23/10****

Just came back from Blockbuster again. It seems they signed me up for the recurring monthly pass. I went back and the girl at the counter was the original girl that took my pre-order. She was fully aware of the issues. She apologized, refunded my credit card and said "Well I've fixed everything and the system still shows the monthly pass expiring until 4/14 so you can go ahead and pick up another game if you want":hot:

I felt bad, so I asked, "Are you sure thats OK?"
-"Yeah, I'm the manager I'd know if it was ok or not. Haha you're funny, if someone offered me something free I'd just run with it."

And run I did.

:cool:

bread's done
Back