Blockbuster Blu Ray Bourne $5 - ?

denshaotoko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I rented The Bourne Identity from blockbuster for $5 and it says own it on 8/12/09 for $0.00. Can i just keep this for $5 then or is this a common thing/trick?

May be a great deal for a sweet movie if it's for real!

edit: rented The Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum in the same way today. Supremacy says own it for $0.00 as well though Ultimatum says $29.99.

Since these blu rays are only available as an expensive box set getting 2/3 possibly for $5 each seems pretty good. I'll let the time expire to 'own them' and report what happens if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='riddler']when did you rent them?[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure because it was a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the receipt for the purchase and didn't realize it until later. I plan on going to them and trying to clear up what exactly the charges were for. I wonder if it is possible that someone at the store manually charged me some random amount for the discs.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I'm not exactly sure because it was a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the receipt for the purchase and didn't realize it until later. I plan on going to them and trying to clear up what exactly the charges were for. I wonder if it is possible that someone at the store manually charged me some random amount for the discs.[/QUOTE]

That's actually impossible, unless they had your CC number. The computer blocks out your CC number so no one can see it so they definitely didn't charge you anything. The computers do all the charging to cards.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I'm not exactly sure because it was a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the receipt for the purchase and didn't realize it until later. I plan on going to them and trying to clear up what exactly the charges were for. I wonder if it is possible that someone at the store manually charged me some random amount for the discs.[/QUOTE]yea u may want a copy of that receipt. from reading on here after a week they fixed the glitch and it said the Buy It price was around $35 a piece.

[quote name='dabamus']I just went and rented Identity and Supremacy, but it says "Keep on the 29th for $34.99"

Is the deal fixed in the system?[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6202571&postcount=64
so depending on when u bought it may of been too late.

besides that i havent been charged at all like others here.

Ah, so looks like this is a FAIL on my part. I'll go see if they can pull up the Keep It price I had. Even if it was $34.99, that still doesn't explain how I was charged $75 instead of $70. I suppose I will try to do the restocking fee and get my money back. That much for a disc is crazy.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Ah, so looks like this is a FAIL on my part. I'll go see if they can pull up the Keep It price I had. Even if it was $34.99, that still doesn't explain how I was charged $75 instead of $70. I suppose I will try to do the restocking fee and get my money back. That much for a disc is crazy.[/QUOTE]

$34.99 + tax for each definitely makes it hit $75.

bread's done
Back