Blockbuster.com - 30% Off - New Games, DVD's, Blu-Rays - Now with 94cent Shipping!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Taken from Slickdeals:
[quote name='Wessider']Save 30% on select DVDs from our Previously Viewed Collection. It doesn't say the criteria, just select DVDs.
Enter promo code holidaysurprise at checkout. We will even pay for shipping and handling. Offer expires on 1/31/09.

www.blockbuster.com

UPDATE: The 30% code worked on anything I tried but doesn't give free shipping unless it a select used DVD.
UPDATE: They have Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero search results
UPDATE: Added screenshot of email. Sorry it has no details about which used DVDs have free shipping. [/quote]

Tried it on a few games and it works. Be sure to enter the code with no spaces.

I know some of you out there have a ton of GameRush credit so now's the time to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got Lips ($41.20 - will be good for when RB2 supports the wireless mic), XBox 360 wireless network adapter, Scene It Box Office Smash ($24.17), and Singstar Pop Vol 2 ($17.51)...yeah, I'm a karaoke addict :)

I have heard issues with people using their BBV gift cards online in the past..anyone have any of these issues? Are the majority of you just using credit cards?

[quote name='Yanksfan']I have heard issues with people using their BBV gift cards online in the past..anyone have any of these issues? Are the majority of you just using credit cards?[/quote]

I have made three purchases with my gift cards with no problem. Someone earlier in the thread the cards have to start with 6046 or higher. Something like that.

[quote name='Prophecize']Hmmm, surprised that they still have some of the old PSX RPGs listed as new and in stock, for ~$14 before coupon. If I didn't have most of them already I'd probably be all over it.[/QUOTE]

only ones i found were ff: anthologies, ff: chronicles, and ff 9. am i missing something?

[quote name='wii skiier']Dammit - I put some of my BB credit on a gift card and it turns out I was given the wrong kind of card. FYI to anyone getting gift cards for this - your card must start with 6016 or higher to be used online./QUOTE]

I have never traded anything into BBV, but am thinking of doing that for the purpose of then making a purchase online via this deal, so... what specifically do I ask for in order to then get the credit in the form of a gift card that will work online? Are there any downsides to it?

[quote name='crunchewy'][quote name='wii skiier']Dammit - I put some of my BB credit on a gift card and it turns out I was given the wrong kind of card. FYI to anyone getting gift cards for this - your card must start with 6016 or higher to be used online./QUOTE]

I have never traded anything into BBV, but am thinking of doing that for the purpose of then making a purchase online via this deal, so... what specifically do I ask for in order to then get the credit in the form of a gift card that will work online? Are there any downsides to it?[/quote]

Just ask them to put your credit on a gift card (pick one out and hand it to them when they are finalizing the trade).

To the couple of gift card questions on this page - your gift card must start with 6016 or higher AND have a scratch-off PIN to be able to be used online. At least at my store, the employees all the way up to the manager had no idea and were reallly irritated that no one had told them since they have a rack of gift cards and some would work and some wouldn't.

And it looks like I also got free first class shipping on my Wii remote.

[quote name='xeex']Picked up Rock Revolution for PS3 for $13.32 shipped, even though I'll probably hate it.

First Class shipping was free, and I received an extra 5% off for being a BB rental plan subscriber.

[/quote]

So will the 30% off coupon stack with the 5%, or you only get the 30% off?

i dont trust the no picture 360 wireless adapter? 2005?? It is a good deal but guys if you bought a game adapter or something else like a wireless usb thumb tab it would work the same and probably be much cheaper!!! i use an old linksys game adapter.

The black 360 controller is now oos.
Dead Rising would be about $11 or $12 I believe.

I just bought a blue 360 controller $28 and stranglehold for $7.50 shipped. What a great deal!

[quote name='goengland']So will the 30% off coupon stack with the 5%, or you only get the 30% off?[/quote]

They stack. The base price is 5% lower for all new games (10% lower for used, I believe), and the coupon is 30% off base.

I assume you can sign up for a free trial and get the small extra savings. I believe it ends up as 33.5% off what the base price would be for a non-subscriber.

I tried to check out with the gift card, i can check my GC with the correct balance and i already clicked apply, but when i got to the final checkout screen it don't have any indication of the amount of my GC being applied and still say my credit card will be charged the total amouny..

Does anybody has the similair problem?

[quote name='Animal7390']only ones i found were ff: anthologies, ff: chronicles, and ff 9. am i missing something?[/quote]

I saw ff8, but it's not showing up anymore, so guess it's sold out..

Site is now completely down.

SITE UNAVAILABLE

We’re sorry, BLOCKBUSTER.com is temporarily unavailable while we make some changes to the site. We’re working hard to bring you an ever better BLOCKBUSTER Online experience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Check back soon!

[quote name='bobphone']Do Value Cards work online?[/QUOTE]
Nope. Value Cards don't have a pin number on them.

[quote name='Viperx116']Is something wrong with their search? I can't find any games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, search doesn't work at all for me.

Are you guys getting a confirmation e-mail from them after you place an order? I mentions on the last page of checkout that one will be sent out but I never got one. I'm wondering now if my order did not go though because there website is acting so screwy.

[quote name='ncibob']Are you guys getting a confirmation e-mail from them after you place an order? I mentions on the last page of checkout that one will be sent out but I never got one. I'm wondering now if my order did not go though because there website is acting so screwy.[/quote]

I just placed an order and got a confirmation e-mail within seconds. Maybe check your spam folder.

[quote name='ncibob']Are you guys getting a confirmation e-mail from them after you place an order? I mentions on the last page of checkout that one will be sent out but I never got one. I'm wondering now if my order did not go though because there website is acting so screwy.[/quote]

I got emails as well. You can can check under your account section to see if the order went through or not.

REMEMBER: BLOCKBUSTER Online Subscribers receive an additional 5% off all new DVDs as well as 10% off of all used DVDs.

Front Mission DS and Brave Story PSP for $27.26 shipped. Not bad at all. Didn't see anything else that interested me, but then I was only looking through the bargains section.

Burnout Paradise and Orange Box (360) for $32.57 shipped.

OP, you rule!

BTW: I just ordered, and just received an e-mail confirmation not 2 minutes later...

[quote name='Metrock']REMEMBER: BLOCKBUSTER Online Subscribers receive an additional 5% off all new DVDs as well as 10% off of all used DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but don't fall for the Paypal rebate deal which is expired, but still on the site. I can almost guarantee they won't honor it given their past practices.

No confirmation in my spam folder. I did look under my account and it does say "in progress" so I guess it did go through.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']so how is blockbusters shipping? for those of you who have ordered something from them in the past.[/quote]
Slow, but cheap (or free). Everything I've ever ordered from them has taken at least a week to get to me.

I got an email within seconds.

[quote name='ncibob']No confirmation in my spam folder. I did look under my account and it does say "in progress" so I guess it did go through.[/quote]

Weird, I just looked back and I received a confirmation email for the 360 controller I ordered, but not for Stranglehold, though it shows it as in progress on my account page. The strange thing is that I was sure I got an email for stranglehold too. Oh well, I'm sure it's fine.

[quote name='wii skiier']Slow, but cheap (or free). Everything I've ever ordered from them has taken at least a week to get to me. [/quote]
ah lame. thanks for the response.

It was probably mentioned somewhere, but looks like code only works for one transaction (I tried to buy some more items, but it said I had already redeemed it)

[quote name='bruceg']It was probably mentioned somewhere, but looks like code only works for one transaction (I tried to be some more items, but it said I had already redeemed it)[/quote]

I did two transactions without issue. Are you sure that on your second order you didn't have a space in code somewhere or at the end? Who knows, maybe they changed it since yesterday and only let you use it once now.

bread's done
Back