Blockbuster.com - 30% Off - New Games, DVD's, Blu-Rays - Now with 94cent Shipping!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Taken from Slickdeals:
[quote name='Wessider']Save 30% on select DVDs from our Previously Viewed Collection. It doesn't say the criteria, just select DVDs.
Enter promo code holidaysurprise at checkout. We will even pay for shipping and handling. Offer expires on 1/31/09.

www.blockbuster.com

UPDATE: The 30% code worked on anything I tried but doesn't give free shipping unless it a select used DVD.
UPDATE: They have Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero search results
UPDATE: Added screenshot of email. Sorry it has no details about which used DVDs have free shipping. [/quote]

Tried it on a few games and it works. Be sure to enter the code with no spaces.

I know some of you out there have a ton of GameRush credit so now's the time to spend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my stranglehold showed up today, so at least there's that. This will probably be my last order with Blockbuster as they don't have the proper infrastructure to handle an ecommerce store. They should just hire Amazon to do it for them because this level of service is embarrassing for a big company like Blockbuster.

Last edited by a moderator:
My game showed up yesterday but the kicker which would of solved any issue I had was there was a DC# on it... Why would they not give that to you in the email letting you know the item has been shipped.. If I would of been able to at least know where it was I would not have been so murfed. :roll:

I finally received my 2nd game (Stranglehold) yesterday. Took a week to ship, then a week for me to receive it.

My 1st game (Lips) shipped the same day as Stranglehold, and I had it in under 3 days!

I ordered 4 games on 12/26, I got the first one on 1/3/09, and then the remaining three yesterday (1/7/09).

Not the best, but it only took about two weeks overall to get them too. I think we're all just excited to play these games at such a good retail deal.

Just curious, did anyone else notice any fortunate events related to using gift cards in this deal? I got one heck of a deal...

I just got a cancellation email from them for Stranglehold which is odd since I ordered it within 2 hours of the thread being started.

Oh well, I was re-acquiring it to maybe finish it one day, but I would've totally ordered it along with my Crackdown from buy.com when it was 7.99 if I had known this would cancel.

I got my cancellation email not too long ago as well. When can I expect my refund to show up though? Its pretty criminal, as others have noted, to charge for something they haven't sent out.

[quote name='charlescheese']Well my stranglehold showed up today, so at least there's that. This will probably be my last order with Best Buy as they don't have the proper infrastructure to handle an ecommerce store. They should just hire Amazon to do it for them because this level of service is embarrassing for a big company like Blockbuster.[/quote]

Typo???

Im still waiting for my copy of Rainbow Six vegas 2 to show up.

[quote name='lito88']Typo???

Im still waiting for my copy of Rainbow Six vegas 2 to show up.[/quote]

Yeah haha. I always do that for some reason. :bomb:

I ordered three games Blitz ii, rock band 2 and Valkyria Chronicles.

I got Blitz ii (which suxed because it is on sale at bestbuy last week) and rock band 2 within 6 days of ordering.

Valkyria Chronicles they canceled and now it is back on the website this week. That sucks but at the same time they refunded 42 dollars back to my credit card when I paid for all of it except 17 with bbc. 30 bbc turned into cash on my credit card

I still have not gotten a cancellation email on my blue controller. I did get an email from a BB rep today saying the order had "shipped". So I logged into my BB account and looked up the order to see that they had actually canceled the order. Ha! What a mess that site is. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't take your money before they knew if they had the product.

It really seems to me that they didn't intend for the coupon to work on games, and they lost their butt, and then canceled the orders. That's not the company line, but getting any useful info out of their customer service people is clearly worse than talking to rocks.

[quote name='converse']
Just curious, did anyone else notice any fortunate events related to using gift cards in this deal? I got one heck of a deal...[/quote]
How so? I used a gift card but just got what I thought were the noted deals - 30% off and free shipping.

Of course, the $30 gift card only cost me $9 in clearance games at Target, so that was definitely a deal.

[quote name='converse']

Just curious, did anyone else notice any fortunate events related to using gift cards in this deal? I got one heck of a deal...[/quote]

Can you please explain the deal you ended up getting? I think I got a similar deal where there was a pricing error with my giftcards, but then they are just charging me more on my credit card, so I'm actually getting ripped off.

Or did u just use the money on your gift cards at a store or something after they sent you your stuff?

I ordered 3 games and they all shipped out the same day. Burnout Paradise came on Saturday. Bad company on Tuesday. Im still waiting for Rainbow Six vegas 2. Time for me to call these fools. Don't know why these morons didn't send tracking when all of them clearly had tracking on them.

I finally got my extra Wii remote. Took forever and did have delivery confirmation on it which I was never provided with. That was a really long time.

just checked my email and this JUST came in..

Hello Thomas J.,

Account Number: 16696376

We have cancelled the following item(s) of your order #395712 as we are not able to fulfill.This is your refund confirmation for the following item(s):

Product The Orange Box [Half Life 2]
Condition New
Price $17.70
Merchandise Sub-Total $17.70
Promotion Discount -$5.31
Shipping/Handling $0.00
Re-stocking Fee $0.00 Tax $0.62
Total Refund Amount $13.01
Your refund will be applied to the credit card displayed below.

--

Thanks,
Your friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online

....Oh yeah, great friends they are :(

Didn't really see this mentioned, so I just wanted to let you guys know that all pre-viewed HD-DVDs are also 7.99, and the 30% off coupon will also stack as well. There are some pretty good movies for dirt cheap. Makes getting the HD-DVD player even nicer.

Also to those of you that have ordered movies and games pre-played... 1) Do value cards work online or do I need to buy a Blockbuster Gift Card with credit and 2) does all the original packaging come with movies (case and cover art)?

[quote name='mvp828']Didn't really see this mentioned, so I just wanted to let you guys know that all pre-viewed HD-DVDs are also 7.99, and the 30% off coupon will also stack as well. There are some pretty good movies for dirt cheap. Makes getting the HD-DVD player even nicer.

Also to those of you that have ordered movies and games pre-played... 1) Do value cards work online or do I need to buy a Blockbuster Gift Card with credit and 2) does all the original packaging come with movies (case and cover art)?[/quote]

yeah, you have to use your value card to buy a giftcard or giftcards. I ordered 15 hddvds and they all came with the red hd dvd cases and the original cover art. Most of them are really scratched up and some of them look nearly mint. I think they all should work, at least I hope.

Mario Kart Wii was canceled. Funny thing was customer service had just sent me an e-mail saying it was back ordered, but I was guaranteed a copy. That worked well.

I used this code just before christmas to order 2 DS games and received 1 game in 5 days and my second game came in 14 days. You can only use the code once as I tried to order another set of games and the offer was rejected. The website is not that great and is not updated very often.

[quote name='D-VOSTRO']I used this code just before christmas to order 2 DS games and received 1 game in 5 days and my second game came in 14 days. You can only use the code once as I tried to order another set of games and the offer was rejected. The website is not that great and is not updated very often.[/QUOTE]

No. The code is dead and has been for awhile (for games). If this still works for movie media, it should most likely be moved to the DVD Bargains section.

[quote name='lito88']Got RBSV2 in the mail today. This is the last time i will be ordering from blockbuster.[/quote]

at least you got your order!

I had added some things to my cart, gotten up to the checkout confirmation page, and decided to give up since I couldn't figure out what one item was out of stock and holding up the order. However.. they kept a hold on my card for that amount for at least 2 weeks, although I had logged in and emptied my cart. So watch out for that.. I had to get in touch with customer service for them to release the holds.

bread's done
Back