Blockbuster - DS Lite new for $79.99

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hello. I am new to the forum so if I am breaking protocol I apologize. I found the site about a month ago and it has already helped me so much. Hopefully I can return the favor to all of you.

My local blockbuster (FL) has the Nintendo DS Lite for $79.99 NEW. There were two (one blue/one red) sitting behind the counter and I saw the sticker on the box...asked the cashier to check the price...sure enough...$79.99. This retails at most stores for $129.99 so this is a $50 savings. Since so far it's just one store, I'd recommend calling your Blockbuster and having them scan it before you potentially waste gas.

It also appears my local Blockbuster is clearing out their PSP rentals. I picked up Little Big Planet and SW Force Unleashed for a total of $10 with their B1G1 deal.

Hope this helps someone!

[quote name='donut']reported over a week ago and again today in the Blockbuster thread.

Search first please.[/QUOTE]

He's new, trying to help us out.

Give him a break, guy. And welcome to CAG, op!

[quote name='mr_bungle']He's new, trying to help us out.

Give him a break, guy. And welcome to CAG, op![/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! LEAVE BRITNEY ALONEEEEEE!

[quote name='mr_bungle']He's new, trying to help us out.

Give him a break, guy. And welcome to CAG, op![/QUOTE]

Searching is fundamental
Most stores do not even have one unit in stock. (this from a staff member) Only one store out of 9 in my area has even one.

Highlighting a VYYMV deal for the hoarders is not the best for gamers on this site.

Some rumors going around

Ds lites will be 49.99 Day after thanksgiving at some stores (to clear room out for the 3DS

most of fort wayne stores dont even sell PSP games anymore

Indeed, most stores converted their PSP game stock over for sale in April (around the time of the last B1G1). OP, it was very unusual for your store to have any left at this point. What didn't get sold during the last B1G1 was for the most part packed up and sent to a third party which purchased most of their used games in April or May. That included, unfortunately, most of the $19.99 (then, now it is $9.99) copies of LittleBigPlanet PSP. You were lucky your store held on to them and decided to convert them during the current B1G1 sale.

As for the DS sale, unless they are sending more stock out from a warehouse or something, that will be extremely YMMV. The stores around me haven't had any new hardware for sale in over a year.

[quote name='donut']Searching is fundamental
Most stores do not even have one unit in stock. (this from a staff member) Only one store out of 9 in my area has even one.

Highlighting a VYYMV deal for the hoarders is not the best for gamers on this site.[/QUOTE]
The CAG search sucks ass

Considering Blockbuster is filing for bankruptcy next month according to the LA Times, you'll probably see more deals from them soon.

Welcome to CAG - please take some of the people with a grain of salt - most of us have much better manners.

Personally, thanks for the heads up. My nephew had his DS stolen a few weeks ago so I've been looking for a good deal on one to replace it for him. I know it's slim odds to find it, but better than nothing!

And I follow the Blockbuster thread (among others) and I missed the DS drop so thanks again.

[quote name='donut']reported over a week ago and again today in the Blockbuster thread.

Considering the BB thread is enormous and has the B1G1 in the title, it isn't really logical to search it for a random post about DS Lites. This is a useful separate thread, even if it is really YMMV.

I try to use that search feature all the time, half the time it dosn't pull up the thread when I type the title name in verbatim.

Ignore POS like this on here. Everytime anyone post anything on this site people are always quick to crucify you for anything. I wanna punch people in the face who always have some dumb S**t like that to say.

[quote name='King J Gatz']Ignore POS like this on here. Everytime anyone post anything on this site people are always quick to crucify you for anything. I wanna punch people in the face who always have some dumb S**t like that to say.[/QUOTE]

I called no one a foul name as you have chosen to do nor threatened violence as you also have chosen to do.

Rather ironic or perhaps moronic on your part...

Search

ds lite blockbuster

brings up the first thread the deal was posted

INTERNET FIGHT!

colbertpopcorn.gif

[quote name='thehoweller']10 on donut getting punched in the face[/QUOTE]

20 on King J getting crucified

Welcome to CAG OP.
Here is our A-hole welcoming committee.

I apologize for his reply. I actually did not see this deal. Thanks for posting.

i think this deal is over already. we received a communications update on friday and they said this "sale" is ending early and i think it said thru sun. 8/29. our stores havent stocked ds's in over a year so happy hunting.

[quote name='Slappybob']Welcome to CAG OP.
Here is our A-hole welcoming committee.

I apologize for his reply. I actually did not see this deal. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE]

I did not call anyone a childish name as you have chosen to do. Your mother would be so proud.

another act of irony (and that's being nice).

oh, and please note I wrote "please" to the op.

Regardless hawaii (A STAFF member) has added info in this thread also.

slightly off topic but seems like a good place to ask, if a deal is buried in a thread how exactly do you search for it? whenever i post a deal i scan the first 2 pages in the appropriate forum and if i dont see anything related then i'll create a new thread. but if there's a thread like "official _____ thread" how do you search that without having to ctrl+f every single page? sorry for the tangent but something i've always wondered on CAG. Thanks!

[quote name='dc_fortythree']slightly off topic but seems like a good place to ask, if a deal is buried in a thread how exactly do you search for it? whenever i post a deal i scan the first 2 pages in the appropriate forum and if i dont see anything related then i'll create a new thread. but if there's a thread like "official _____ thread" how do you search that without having to ctrl+f every single page? sorry for the tangent but something i've always wondered on CAG. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You don't -- you repost it and ignore the people who think you should do in-depth searches before posting. It's nice when people point out if the deal is old, but there's nothing horribly wrong about reposts since they aren't out of control on CAG. and people who aren't on here 24 hours a day might not see the original.

Well, first two page scan is pretty quick and reasonable.

[quote name='ninja dog']You don't -- you repost it and ignore the people who think you should do in-depth searches before posting. It's nice when people point out if the deal is old, but there's nothing horribly wrong about reposts since they aren't out of control on CAG. and people who aren't on here 24 hours a day might not see the original.

Well, first two page scan is pretty quick and reasonable.[/QUOTE]

cool. just wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing something on here. seriously took me months to figure out how to add ryu sackboy to my posts, now if i can just remember how i did it so i change it haha :)

I personally have no issue with this kind of repost. I rarely take the time to sift through YMMV clearance threads. I prefer thread titles with names of specific deals, and this was the first I'd heard about the deal. So, thanks for trying to contribute, OP

Found more unusual stuff for my PSP
PSP
madden 10 9.99
army of two 14.99

the 2 other fillers were
harry potter half blood prince ds 9.99
street fighter iv ps3 14.99

bread's done
Back